• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Question Pin (resized).jpg
92812183_634757280405516_3391307302203031552_n (resized).jpg
92690105_577139239594670_7261398183966670848_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey all, I found a somewhat sketchy ad on FB. I asked the guy to take some extra photos of the cabinet and the backbox. And I asked him to include a thumbs up in one of the photos. Which he did. What do you guys think? It looks like the error code has something to do with the vari-target. The boards look pretty clean, and the batteries don't look corroded from what I can see. So I'm hoping that it's an easy fix. Should I risk a meetup? Figured I'd do it on a weekday, look at it, and if things seem on the up and up, go to a bank and come back with the money. I don't know much about these Whitestar games, or Ripley's, are there any problem areas I should worry about?

[Link removed on advice of TheLaw!]

Trouble is, I think he's on a farm, so that makes going back to a bank more of a pain. But if I can get him down to $3000 or maybe even $2900, then I think that'd be a good deal. I'll make sure everyone knows where I'm going, and maybe try to get my dad to come along. He's 66, but strength in numbers is always good.

Am I crazy for even thinking about a meetup?
92690105_577139239594670_7261398183966670848_n (resized).jpg92690105_577139239594670_7261398183966670848_n (resized).jpg92812183_634757280405516_3391307302203031552_n (resized).jpg92812183_634757280405516_3391307302203031552_n (resized).jpg

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You are not crazy, but be careful.
It's a good price if everything checks out fine.
White star was a good system. RBION HAS 2 magnets, left side of scoop, and head up the middle, make sure those work. Make sure the led screens work on the temple, upper PF left -they show numbers. I think i saw the scoop isnt blown out which is an easy fix anyway.

Like you said Law, you gotta risk your life at least once for a pin. Right!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from 94huskers1:

Just bought it. Thanks for including the link! Owe you a beer

Are you serious?!

Bro code man, Bro code.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha...no bro code in pinball sales, cut throat!

Ha, apparently.

Quoted from Pinless:

Posting a good pin deal on this site causes your chances of getting it go down significantly. Post at your own risk.

It's still dirty pool in my book. And to make a post about it before you've even picked it up is worse. I wouldn't normally have posted about such a new pin, but because so much about the ad was sketchy, I did. It's been up for like 2 weeks, so it's not like someone else couldn't have found it. I waited a while to move on it it, because I wasn't sure the guy was even real. His FB profile has no info or picture.

Ah well, all I proved was that the seller was real and had access to the pin, he could still be a psycho killer. Hope he takes a sling blade to 94huskers1!

#17 4 years ago

I'm really not that worried about it Law! It's not like it's a tarped, barn-find Adams Family or anything. It's not a game I had my heart set on, but it's always nice to find a good deal. It helps feed the hobby.

I've been looking at a handful of games in my price range for the last few weeks, so I've hopefully got some other good options either way. Plus, the RBION seller is like a 3 hr drive, whereas husker lives like 45 mins away. I'd drive 45 mins on a chance, but not 3.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from 94huskers1:

Meant to reply to you Dakota... I’m kidding :wink:sorry, couldn’t resist messing around. I did like the slingblade comment lol. His profile does seem sketchy. Good luck!

No worries! Now I might be the one watching out for a sling blade!

#19 4 years ago

Now that I think about it, is a shed-find Ripley's the poor man's equivalent of a barn-find Adams Family?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

RBION > JD+ES
You have a chance here to get your first 3+ hour trip & you first almost murdering out of the way at once, that's the real bargain here
RBION > TAF

I wish it was my first 3+ hour drive! It was 3 hours for my Black Knight, and then 3.5 hours for my Mousin. I can't wait for the day a deal pops up that's less than an hour's drive. Around here, you have to be willing to drive if you want a pin. At least I'm about equa-distant from Omaha/Lincoln Ne, Fargo ND, Minneapolis MN, Des Moines IA, and at a long stretch Kansas City MO. So I'm kinda central to some places that do have a lot of pins come up for sale. Trouble is, there's usually someone local who can pounce quicker than I can. Oh well, the hunt is part of the fun!

#24 4 years ago

While we're here. Anyone know what pin this is?
Question Pin (resized).jpgQuestion Pin (resized).jpg

Edit: NVM I think I can make out the "Freddy" now. Wonder what else he's got in that shed?

#25 4 years ago

I asked him if he had a paypal account, so that I could possibly put down some money to hold the machine. And here's a direct quote from his reply.

"This online / phone stuff is all new to me... Let me talk to women and see what it is"

You know, when he makes replies like this. I really do start to worry about what I'll be walking into. It's the second time he's mentioned his "Women."

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wouldn't be taking any PayPal shit either .
Look, I know this kind of gets whitewashed for some people, but you know at least 50% of peeps that own pinball machines are racist rednecks right?

No, that's news to me! As far as paypal goes...I did the "paypal payment to hold the machine until pickup" thing when I bought my Mousin' Around, and didn't have any issues. But everyone's different though; the Mousin seller was a young guy like me, so maybe that's a difference? I sell a lot on ebay, so I often have a lot of money tied up in paypal, so it's just an easy way to do things for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 18.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-rbion-1?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.