New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29567)

Price check POTC

By BowlingJim

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jwwhite15
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Game is supposed to be HUO. Looking to see what these are going for since the big price hike on all games but the ones I own.

#2 7 years ago

#3 7 years ago

I paid $4500 a couple of months ago for mine. It was HU0 and bought from the original owner.
My family and I are really enjoying it!!

#4 7 years ago

+1. Of all the machines that I see come up for sale, this is one where the price seems to be relatively the same.

#5 7 years ago

Yep 4.5 but that's usually HUO

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Darlene:

I paid $4500 a couple of months ago for mine. It was HU0 and bought from the original owner.

I bought one last month for exactly the same price (and situation...single owner HUO). Mine came with 2 toppers (one a gorgeous Matt McKee topper), LED's, pinball pro speakers, Back Alley cannon mods, extra figures, etc. Really stunning example...much better than NIB

Considering what "LE's" are going for now, I think it's a great value @ 4.5k. I think it's one of Stern's best looking pins...the ship is stunning.

#7 7 years ago

I will agree with 4500..... however the Pinside Overprice Police will say no less that 5600 (because they are ready to sell one)

#8 7 years ago

$4500 is a good price.. but...... I have one so.. easily its the next $6k pin

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from stevedave:

$4500 is a good price.. but...... I have one so.. easily its the next $6k pin

I agree......$6k all day long...

#10 7 years ago

I agree that 4500 is about right for very nice HUO. I also think LOTR should be around 5000. So I guess all the people that think LOTR should be 4-4500 think PoTC is either a comparable or better pin? How any POTCs were made? I'd like one someday.

#11 7 years ago

I say 4.55655 to be exact.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I say 4.55655 to be exact.

Please provide one more decimal place for exact pricing next time (like the 9/10ths at gas stations)

#13 7 years ago

I would pay up to 4800 for HUO. Or spend another 6 months looking instead of playing

#14 7 years ago

I actually sold mine about 3 months ago for $4800 and have seen them go as high as $5300 on Ebay so if your looking and come across an HUO beauty for $4500 don't procrastinate!

#15 7 years ago

So PoTC is equal to or greater than LOTR in terms of value/price?

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

As an owner of both of these games in HUO form, I say no. Non-pinball people gravitate towards POTC much more than LOTR because of the sinking ship. LOTR is a better player IMHO.

Art - POTC
Rules - LOTR
Play - LOTR
Toys - POTC
Music - Tied
Lights - POTC (especially with ship cannon mods)
Flow - LOTR
Dots - LOTR
Voice - LOTR
Plays during non-pinhead Party - POTC by a mile

#17 7 years ago

Probably equal, rarity plays a role. Can't measure cost to game play. IE Cactus Canyon vs Attack from Mars is an example.

Price, it is what it is.....price for POTC and LOTR has always been about equal, when I bought my POTC I remember it was between the two at $100 difference. Though I ended up with both down the road.

Although just looked it up in the 2013 mr pinball price guide, shows LOTR as about $1000 more at $5500, guess I am selling off my LOTR!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Game is supposed to be HUO. Looking to see what these are going for since the big price hike on all games but the ones I own.

So, didja buy it jvespoint? Final price? Just wonderin'.

#19 7 years ago

Pickin it up Saturday price 4k. Can't wait been wanting this for a long time. Need to move out a couple of my cheap games to make room.

#20 7 years ago

Nice. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

#21 7 years ago

So what is one of the first ones ( 12 ? ) with the red compass center worth ?

LTG : )

#22 7 years ago

How would you guys rate this game compared to TRON? I passed on a HUO POTC because I got a TRON 2d for just a bit more. Hope I made the right call

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

So what is one of the first ones ( 12 ? ) with the red compass center worth ?

My STTNG!

#24 7 years ago

I haven't seen it yet.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from captkirk:

How would you guys rate this game compared to TRON? I passed on a HUO POTC because I got a TRON 2d for just a bit more. Hope I made the right call

You made the right move.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I actually sold mine about 3 months ago for $4800 and have seen them go as high as $5300 on Ebay so if your looking and come across an HUO beauty for $4500 don't procrastinate!

Actually, $6500 is the highest they've sold for on Ebay so far.

ebay.com link

#27 7 years ago

Tron by a half a hemisphere....

POTC is a very so so game....

Great toys beautiful game, but the design leaves things to be desired IMO...

I hate the big clear plastic that looks like a sneeze guard at an all you can eat buffet...

and how the ball drops directly onto the right sling upper post every time...amungst many other things....

Tron is 10 times the game....

but the massses are right...NON pin people flock to it like Bird-Ox on Fur...

#28 7 years ago

First thing I did was remove the sneeze guard- never had an issue. I think your game might not be level? My ball doesn't land on the right sling, it rides the sling down to the flipper. Love my POTC!

#29 7 years ago

You may want to replace that sneeze guard. Lloyd?

#30 7 years ago

POTC vs. Tron is like Golf vs. Hockey

both great games but each special it their own way.

#31 7 years ago

There were many posts on the sneeze guard removal topic. I have tons of plays over several years and never had an airball stuck anywhere.

#32 7 years ago

When I played Lloyd's proto POTC a few months ago the ship was broken. IIRC, He said he'd taken out the sneeze guard to polish it or something and the ship was promptly smashed by an errant ball. IDK, whenever I've played POTC Ive never even really noticed that plastic. it's only when I've stopped playing and I'm looking closely at the game that I ever notice it.

#33 7 years ago

Tron is more fun, plays better than POTC but casual players (wife and kids etc..) love POTC.

POTC, ship is the best feature, and why I have not sold mine.

#34 7 years ago

When I played Lloyd's proto POTC a few months ago the ship was broken. IIRC, He said he'd taken out the sneeze guard to polish it or something and the ship was promptly smashed by an errant ball. IDK, whenever I've played POTC Ive never even really noticed that plastic. it's only when I've stopped playing and I'm looking closely at the game that I ever notice it.

I've had the sneeze guard removed for a couple of years. Makes the game look 100% better. Obviously, it is not a routed machine like Lloyd's so it doesn't see the volume of play.

I think the play on POTC even for a player is pretty good. Stacking works well on it and the light show does get really cool when things are really banging around. I would never consider it a desert island pin, but in even a small collection, it can be a real gem.

#35 7 years ago

New sails are pricey. Both of mine broke from ball hits within a few days of removing the sneeze guard.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I've had the sneeze guard removed for a couple of years. Makes the game look 100% better. Obviously, it is not a routed machine like Lloyd's so it doesn't see the volume of play.

Volume of play doesn't matter. You only need one unlucky hit.

If I had it to relive. I would taken a hunk of modeling clay, pressed the sails into it making a mold. Filled the imprint with epoxy. When set remove, paint, and use the fake sails. Look just as good. And you'd save buying new sails later if you ever want them.

#37 7 years ago

if I can hijack, I asked this before but no one would say.

Is there a way to play POTC to score big points?

I know you can stack, but I don't really understand what is the best method.

thanks.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Your timing is good so hurry...cause it will be 10k by Christmas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 18.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside