(Topic ID: 10310)

Price check please for Party Zone

By mkgort

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

The guide is around $1300. I was thinking $1100 would be a good price for good shape.

Opinions?

Thanks!

MK

#2 12 years ago

$1100-$1300 for average to above average machines, does not include higher end restorations, HUO, or Mint machines which catch fetch up to $2K.

#3 12 years ago

Looks like it is a reimport with significant cab fade. Nice playfield, though.

#4 12 years ago

$1000

#5 12 years ago

No cab fade on this one, all new decals...

p

#6 12 years ago

Don't mean to thread jack, but as long as the topic is up - does anyone have a baseline for what a project PZ pin would go for (very generalized, but basically a PZ that has a lot of cab fade, decent PF (just dirty), and no boards in the backbox...is there a bottom dollar for pins like that? I have no idea, so I wanted to check).

#7 12 years ago

My 2 cents is:

A PZ without boards in the back & other misc. issues=$600

To the original poster. A PZ with a 9 to 9.5 Playfield, everything working, minimal cab fade, plastics good, no errors and dmd solid=$1,500 any day of the week.

1 week later
#8 12 years ago

Things to look for when checking out a PZ:

First, check the cabinet. The original cabinet color is mostly day-glo yellow. This is the first thing to fade to white. If you have a cabinet with the original colors unfaded, that's rare and desirable.

The most often damaged area of the game is the captain B-Zarr head in the center of the playfield, and the plastic around him. Due to the way this head turns to follow the ball around the table (possibly one of the coolest features ever in a pinball game) it had a tendency of breaking down. He also moves his mouth in sync with the voice callouts in the game. On many machines this is broken.

The ramps... these are critical. I don't even know if you can get replacement ramps so if any of them are damaged, that's bad news. They tend to break/crack near the ends on the flipper side.

Other thing: check to make sure the crash test dummy is complete - usually it has pieces missing -- which is another reason why you should be careful cleaning out the cabinet... you may find you've vacuumed up an arm or leg without knowing it.

This is a cool game that has some great music including the Who's Pinball Wizard and Purple Haze by Hendrix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-please-for-party-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.