Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I need a new playfield glass for my Haunted House.

Called local glass company and was quoted $130 for 24-5/8" x 48-3/8" x 3/16" tempered glass

That seems high to me. I know HH isn't a standard size, but still.

Is this reasonable? Anyone know of other options?

#2 4 years ago

That is crazy high.

I can get standard glass cut for around $30. Widebody glass--I'd guess maybe $45-$60?

Are there any other glass places in your area that you can try? I had to shop around a bit to find the lowest price.

#3 4 years ago

The problem you have is buying one piece of tempered. None of those glass companies temper it and you can't cut tempered glass. So they have to order it from a 'factory' and get it delivered/shipped to them. They then mark it up probably 2x so they make a profit, cover overhead etc.

It's a little high but not unusual. One of my local 'glass' shop has quoted me $100 for a normal piece of pinball glass even if I bought 10 at a time. Needless to say I didn't buy it there, but you have more options with normal sized glass.

Just be sure its tempered, with NO LOGO, ground edges and 3/16".

#4 4 years ago

I just ordered a piece locally for my STTNG and it was $51.70. 23-3/4" x 43" x 3/16" I would imagine a Haunted House would be a little more since they were quoting me based on size. I didn't bother to get any finish on the edges and they were just fine without paying any extra.

#5 4 years ago

Thanks everyone.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside