Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9th PinballericLOGO04172013 email.jpg
20140908_170638_resized.jpg
20140908_170613_resized.jpg
PART_1409445343615_.IMG_20140830_203456.jpg
PART_1409444948665_20140827_195713.jpg
PART_1409445400384_.IMG_20140830_203546.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Guy is asking $900 (firm), and player 4 score doesn't work. Everything else "works as it should". Wondering if this is worth the 3 hour drive to go look at for $900.

In the pics he provided, I can see the playfield wear already.

PART_1409445400384_.IMG_20140830_203546.jpgPART_1409445400384_.IMG_20140830_203546.jpg PART_1409444948665_20140827_195713.jpgPART_1409444948665_20140827_195713.jpg PART_1409445343615_.IMG_20140830_203456.jpgPART_1409445343615_.IMG_20140830_203456.jpg
#2 9 years ago

i would snag it they are on the rise

#3 9 years ago

Yes, cosmetically it looks great. As long as that's the only issue, I'd buy it.

#4 9 years ago

that long blue plastic by the left ramp is broken FYI and the tip of the red vortex ramp

kinda pricey to replace the commonly broken plastic.
the red ramp not so much.

just a heads up

#5 9 years ago

I think that's the same one I was considering. I'd certainly buy it if you have the space and money. Even if you don't end up liking Pinbot too much it shouldn't be all that hard to just resell for $900.

#6 9 years ago

Cracked vortex ramp, but that's pretty common. I just saw the worn chest panel and some other planking... That's a bigger issue to me than the display.

#7 9 years ago

I'm not so sure I agree with the above.

- Playfield has normal wear in the matrix section. Overlay can make it look nice again.
- Some wear in the black areas as well but most concerning to me would be all the planking I see.
- Spiral ramp is broken
- plastic by left ramp is broken and half is missing
- display out
- Cab looks decent but I bet it has some planking as well since the playfield does and the pins looks to be stored in a garage.
- boards are a question mark as well since there aren't pics.

Really depends on what you are looking for. This would make a great players pin to pick it up and play the snot out of it but I can see some good money being needed to get it real nice again.

If you are after a players pin then go for it. If you wont be happy with that and will want a nice(r) one then I'd wait. You can easily pick up a real nice one for $2K which is easily where this will be to get it real nice again.

#8 9 years ago

Got mine in 100% working condition, no battery or board damage/hacks, only 1 cracked plastic left of the visor (most common), light PF wear with original mylar down still, working perfectly with topper and strong displays for $1k. Decent cabinet, some nicks and whatnot. A 7.5/10 all around.

I think if he can go down to $800 or $850 depending on where you live, it is worth the drive, but you need board pictures before you do that. No hacks anywhere or burnt up connectors. You will need a new display glass and a replacement vortex ramp minimally, both of which together will run you $120+ depending on where you get them. And if one display is outgassed, there is a good chance the others are on their way out as well, so factor in possible xpin displays. You may not even be able to lower the voltage on the displays to preserve them with a zener diode replacement at this point.

#9 9 years ago

That machine looks great. I'd snag it in a second at 900. Just keep the lights of in your gameroom when you play. When I first brought home my pinbot, it was in the living room to give me time to move the game room around. Didn't end up carrying it into the gameroom because it got 2 months of nonstop play before we moved it. Pinbot is awesome! I wish I had more room.

#10 9 years ago

$900 is a good price even with the cosmetic condition issues. Play a few games before handing over the money. Makes sure the visor opens up and everything plays properly. Take a look at the boards in the backbox as well. If they are corroded, then there is more than just cosmetic issue so throw a lowball offer out like $600. If he doesn't take it I would walk away. There are better Pinbots for $1200, $1300 and $1500 out there.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

That machine looks great. I'd snag it in a second at 900. Just keep the lights of in your gameroom when you play.

I'll offer the opposite perspective - I'd walk away. They made a ton of these machines and chances are you'll find a nicer one for a comparable or slightly higher price with a little patience. Good luck!

#12 9 years ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback and advice. Adding a second pin to the collection will be amazing, and will further add gas to the fire of my growing pinball addiction, but its worth the wait in finding something in nicer shape for a little bit more money. Thank you all for your help!

#13 9 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

f you are patient, it will come!

#14 9 years ago

If I didn't already own one, I'd buy it for $900. I guess it depends where you live though.

In general though, I'd have to say Pinbot is still the game I like playing the most out of the five I own.

#15 9 years ago

halo2jak, be warned... "add gas to the fire" is only the beginning. I bought my first machine this past February. Since then, I have found six other "deals." It can seriously become an addiction. It doesn't help that my wife is just as hooked as I am.

My last purchase was a Pinbot. It has been a hit with the family. Definitely worth the $$$.

Good luck!!

#16 9 years ago

Thought I made a final decision, but still thinking about it. If i can convince him to come down a bit more, maybe i can do it (and then get a repro playfield )Anyone see anything that stands out at them with these additional pictures?

20140908_170613_resized.jpg20140908_170613_resized.jpg 20140908_170638_resized.jpg20140908_170638_resized.jpg
#17 9 years ago
Quoted from halo2jak:

Anyone see anything that stands out at them with these additional pictures

Nope, not unless the back side of the boards had work done. I don't see any corrosion. You'll need to replace all the caps though, they're all original. Looks good otherwise. I'd take it for $850-900.

#18 9 years ago

that playfield wear is pretty heavy below the visor, I would def. think that is going to be a big restore job touching up or sanding the colors and repainting or decal them.

I zoomed in on the chest wear didnt see that at first. but still a pretty good deal overall. I would think a new playfield and this would be pretty top notch

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from halo2jak:

i can convince him to come down a bit more

Why? If you want it, get it. Haggling over $50 or even $100 doesn't seem worth it if you are driving that far (6 hours round trip). If you're thinking of doing a playfield swap your talking about throwing a lot more coin at it that doesn't completely come back in a resale.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

that playfield wear is pretty heavy below the visor, I would def. think that is going to be a big restore job touching up or sanding the colors and repainting or decal them.
I zoomed in on the chest wear didnt see that at first. but still a pretty good deal overall. I would think a new playfield and this would be pretty top notch

Mine was similar condition, @900 and an 8 hour round trip. The worn out matrix and the cracked vortex are very repairable, lots of step by step tutorials on this and I can help guide you if you have questions about those procedures. I had to do both on mine. What sold me on it was the electronics were all original, no hacks - and no battery corrosion. Those are bigger points in my opinion. I didn't nitpick on the smaller things or the price because I wanted it bad enough.

#21 9 years ago

Try to get the seller to drive it to you. I am amazed how many people will deliver pins for not much extra or nothing extra.

If this pin was close to me I would buy it. But I would not do the round trip.

#22 9 years ago

Two thing I look at when thinking about a pin. Price and Condition. If the price is right and the condtion can be cured go that route, If its in nice condition for the price then go for it. Shop it awhile and youll find what your looking for.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from VanManDan:

Two thing I look at when thinking about a pin. Price and Condition. If the price is right and the condtion can be cured go that route, If its in nice condition for the price then go for it. Shop it awhile and youll find what your looking for.

Great points, I also look at location too. Slapping a 400-500 dollar shipping fee on certain games hurts it for me too sometimes.

#24 9 years ago

I'm drooling over here. I've been waiting forever for one of these to pop up within a 300 mile radius of me at that price! I'd already be in my truck at $900 - no dickering. In my part of Texas, you rarely see this kind of deal....and I look EVERY DAY for a decent Pinbot for under $1K.

#25 9 years ago

It is an ok price. Nothing to write home about. Most people in this thread are crazy...

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

I'm drooling over here. I've been waiting forever for one of these to pop up within a 300 mile radius of me at that price! I'd already be in my truck at $900 - no dickering. In my part of Texas, you rarely see this kind of deal....and I look EVERY DAY for a decent Pinbot for under $1K.

I think the issue for you is location. Here in NJ, they pop up for between $800-1200 in varying condition fairly often. They made lots of these machines, so they are not rare by any means.

#27 9 years ago

$900 ain't bad. I bought mine for $900 and half the score displays were out. Bought a LED display kit. My game had mylar though so the playfield wasn't worn at all. My cab is a little beat up. Definitely have had $900 worth of fun with it though!

#28 9 years ago

This thing is too "used" for $900 bucks.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

This thing is too "used" for $900 bucks.

Says you.

I waited almost a year to find one for $900. Not beat, but had issues - and really close in condition to the one here discussed. I still had to drive an 8 hour round trip to get it. This was about 3 years ago. Yes, they made 12,000 of them. $900 is still an o.k. price for this condition. Or, you can choose to wait a really long time to find one in better condition at this price. Good luck with that. Times are changing, collectors and flippers have sucked 'em up everywhere. When you find one in better condition, it isn't likely to be $900. It's likely to be a lot more. And if you're looking for one cheaper than 9 bills, good luck too...because you'll be fighting every new collector and flipper out there. These middle of the road, debatable prices are the ones with the least competition and the most value in my book.

You just have to ask yourself...how bad do you want it, now?

#30 9 years ago

I think this game is worth the $900. Could you find one cheaper at some point.. Maybe? But its not going to be alot cheaper. Buy it, Play it, Enjoy it.

JJ

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from halo2jak:

Thought I made a final decision, but still thinking about it

... Weekend is here - are you going to get it?

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#32 9 years ago

that's a fair and reasonable price for that game. If someone started a "what is pinbot worth" thread. There would be tons of assholes on here that would chime in it's $1600-2k game all day long.

#33 9 years ago

I just sold one in slightly better shape for $1750 cdn (1577.50).While it is true that they made lots and your market is larger than the great white north collectors and flippers are pouring out of the woodwork. These 80's titles will appreciate due to supply demand dynamic. Boomers are aging and they have cash and they want retro titles from their youth. Sure a NIB ironman is great but it doesn't stoke the emotional furnance.

#34 9 years ago

Did I just get myself labelled an asshole? LOL

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

Did I just get myself labelled an asshole? LOL

You said yours was in better shape. You have a thin market. You have someone that was dying to get one. Your price is higher, but not unusually so for all things considered, asshole

#36 9 years ago

Pin-Bot 1986 Williams
Class 1- $1,450--Best
Class 2- $950--Good
Class 3- $525--OK
HOME OF THE PRICE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/1qViaxo
http://www.pinballeric.com/
9th PinballericLOGO04172013 email.jpg9th PinballericLOGO04172013 email.jpg

#37 9 years ago

that's the first time i've seen the guide somewhat even close to realistic.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I think the issue for you is location. Here in NJ, they pop up for between $800-1200 in varying condition fairly often. They made lots of these machines, so they are not rare by any means.

I know that they're not rare pins overall, but it's the one pin that I want to have in my collection the most. I just really fell in love with that pin in the arcades when I was younger. I aspire to have the Trilogy once I have the space, but until then, I can squeeze in a Pinbot anytime! SE Texas is thin when it comes to finding one at a decent price. People around here try to tell you theirs is worth $1800 to $2200 .....but I'm not THAT desperate unless it were 9 or 10. I have a feeling I will end up overpaying for one when my patience runs out.

#39 9 years ago

I'm in the middle of restoring a Pinbot now. Regarding price: As always, it depends on what your expectations are. If you're one of those guys who wants things to be nice, then that's one thing. If you just like to play pinball, that's another. So the idea of whether it might be "worth" $900 might be totally irrelevant to you, if it's simply too worn to fit your standards.

Having said all that, I can tell you I would NOT buy that machine, because it has too much planking. Planking is one of the most difficult things to fix, should you choose to restore. I like to restore mine, so for me that's a factor. For other guys, not something they would consider.

Kind of depends on you... How is that for a non-answer? Good luck.

#41 9 years ago

if you need a playfield I have a repo new playfield with extra clearcoat on it.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from 2FlippedOut41Mo:

I know that they're not rare pins overall, but it's the one pin that I want to have in my collection the most. I just really fell in love with that pin in the arcades when I was younger.

In that case, what are you waiting for? Go get it!!! It is my favorite game too for the same reasons. What inner 80's child dislikes Space Robots???
<----Not this one. In fact, I'm adding that to my friend test, along with the other obligatory "Do you think farts are funny?" question.
I thought you were on the fence with the game from the way you were inquiring about it.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

In that case, what are you waiting for? Go get it!!! It is my favorite game too for the same reasons. What inner 80's child dislikes Space Robots???
<----Not this one. In fact, I'm adding that to my friend test, along with the other obligatory "Do you think farts are funny?" question.
I thought you were on the fence with the game from the way you were inquiring about it.

LOL! My wife doesn't care for PinBot and I tell her it isn't going anywhere...except if I can trade space robots for aliens - more specifically, RFM.

#44 9 years ago

I'm assuming he got it, because the listing disappeared from Craigslist?

#45 9 years ago

I told the seller if he was ever in the area, to swing on by with the pin and provided everything works as it should and checks out, i would buy it. As for driving the 6 hour trip to check it out, I got too much stuff on my plate with a newborn son, so that is out of the question as of now.

He said he would keep it in mind, but as of now he said he's just going to keep it. He probably was getting too many low ball offers from other people and got frustrated and decided to take it off the market.

I know when I was trying to sell my SF2 pin, it was the same way with too many low ball offers I just took it off the market and decided to keep it. Maybe down the road if I'm ever in HIS area (Cedar Point) I'll shoot him and email and go check it out if he wants to sell it still. For now though, I'll just play the waiting game!

#46 9 years ago

I didn't know they were going for that now a days. You can just hold tight and be patient. I got my pinbot with a de star wars for $1200 for the pair.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

In that case, what are you waiting for? Go get it!!

Sour Lake, Texas to Cedar Point, Indiana = 1978.9 miles round trip. My wife would end up filing a missing persons report because I wouldn't tell her where (and why)I was going. "Oh, I have this umm, business trip??...."

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I didn't know they were going for that now a days. You can just hold tight and be patient. I got my pinbot with a de Star Wars for $1200 for the pair.

He's gonna grow old waiting for a deal like that.

$900 for a decent Pinbot is fair in a "climate" like the one we have today. It's no steal though. I agree I'd probably wait it out but certainly people have driven further for worse deals before. If the dude can't live without this game I don't see why he's still twidling his thumbs.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I didn't know they were going for that now a days. You can just hold tight and be patient. I got my pinbot with a de Star Wars for $1200 for the pair.

Yeah, the coffins coming first on that one. That's an absurd deal.

I lost out on a Pinbot little over a year ago @ 800 with no wear because I couldn't get my ass in gear. Never again. If he'd meet you halfway I'd for sure pick it up.

#50 9 years ago

That is a good idea Robotoes, the 1/2 way thing might work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-pinbot-900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.