Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by VDrums2112
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I'm not 100% sure I'm in the market right now, but what would you say is a fair price for a PinBot? This particular machine has two quarter size wear spots top and center on the playfield. I'm expecting it's not had a proper shop in a long time, but it looks to be clean. If this can be said, other then the large wear spots, it looks to be nice.

If I decide not to pull the trigger, which I'm thinking is a real likelihood I'll point the buyer in this direction.

#2 4 years ago

Topper?

600-800 if cab is clean and boots and plays and no issues with displays. 1000 if you really want a pinbot

#3 4 years ago

I paid 900 year ago. New decals for center lane will cover wear spots

#4 4 years ago

It does have a topper.

#5 4 years ago

Check out the Gecko's Pin*Bot....it will be like new!

#6 4 years ago

Wear spots are between the posts, behind the drop targets. That might be more hidden then I was originally thinking, but also could be harder to cover with new decals.

#7 4 years ago

This one can vary widely...I can see where a beater might fetch $300. I can also see where a near pristine example (new playfield, etc) might fetch $2k. Most seem to sell in the $800-$1000 area.

I had a very nice example that I recently traded for an equal condition Sorcerer. I would estimate the value of both to be in the $1200 range.

#8 4 years ago

This conversation started with the guy saying $2,500, which I happened to tell him was my current maximum budget for a pinball machine. I didn't want to be rude, so I just said "No thank you". He's contacted me a few times since and I'm getting the impression that he was just throwing sh*t at the wall to see if something stuck. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and I think he just really might not have all that much experience with pinball. It's harder to get an honest opinion on a machines condition, but as long as it's reflected in the price I don't mind taking on a smaller project.

#9 4 years ago

You have a decent budget. Find NJGecko's Thread about his totally restored Pin*Bot. I think he's going to sell it when finished (soon)

#10 4 years ago

I don't mind a few dings and dents. My ultimate goal is to have a lineup of 4 or 5 "budget" machines and I can stretch my budget on unrestored machines. I think PinBot would contrast, in a good way, with Fish Tales and Jurassic Park.

#11 4 years ago

I've bought/sold three pinbots....Paid in the $400 to $700 for each of varying condition and difficulty in acquiring (long drive). I fixed all electronics of each, completely shopped and touched up worn areas, and sold each in the $800 to $900 range. That seems to be the sweet spot for pinbots. Over 1K and it better be minty with intact corkscrew, topper and unwarped visor plastic.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

...I think he just really might not have all that much experience with pinball...

Or he actually DOES and thinks he found a newbie sucker!

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Shelburne, ON
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 160.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside