DSCN4758 (resized).JPG
IMG_2588 (resized).jpg
IMG_2596 (resized).jpg
IMG_2597 (resized).jpg
IMG_2594 (resized).jpg
IMG_2591 (resized).jpg
IMG_2598 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Curious on a range for a non booting Paragon. Cabinet is faded. Hasn't been shopped in awhile. Its been home use for the last 25 years. Thoughts?

IMG_2591 (resized).jpgIMG_2591 (resized).jpgIMG_2597 (resized).jpgIMG_2597 (resized).jpgIMG_2594 (resized).jpgIMG_2594 (resized).jpgIMG_2598 (resized).jpgIMG_2598 (resized).jpgIMG_2596 (resized).jpgIMG_2596 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

I own two, one a keeper being restored and the other just sold with delivery to Pinfest as a project game. That game has a better than average PF, most are much more worn. If it has a mint BG, $1500+ easy. Most Paragon BG's have ink loss. Jump on it, great game.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I own two, one a keeper being restored and the other just sold with delivery to Pinfest as a project game. That game has a better than average PF, most are much more worn. If it has a mint BG, $1500+ easy. Most Paragon BG's have ink loss. Jump on it, great game.

Thanks for the info. Here amother pic of the machine. BG looks pretty good.

IMG_2588 (resized).jpgIMG_2588 (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Here amother pic of the machine. BG looks pretty good.

You simply have to bring it home if the seller throws in that topper.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

You simply have to bring it home if the seller throws in that topper.

I sure hope it's included

#6 5 years ago

Concur with the comment on the playfield . I personally think that’s where most of the value is... everything else is fixable at a reasonable price. Playfield repair or replacement is costly and very time consuming (if you even have the skill set... which I don’t ) CPR also has backglasses if you really gotta have a new one... Good Playfields are hard to find... that one looks great. I paid $2400 Canadian for mine a few years ago... (maybe $1800 US) playfield was nice like that one but backglass has some minor cracks. I may have paid a bit too much but had to have it . It was from my hometown and the guy actually lived on a country backroad called Paragon Road! No sh*t! It was a sign... so I jumped in it.

#7 5 years ago

Paragon road?!? That's funny. Thanks for the input on price

#8 5 years ago

I'll be the voice of dissent here. Although this one looks good cosmetically, $1500 is too high for just about any non-booting Paragon. $1000 to $1200 is about right, but that includes a markup for the nice cosmetics.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I'll be the voice of dissent here. Although this one looks good cosmetically, $1500 is too high for just about any non-booting Paragon. $1000 to $1200 is about right, but that includes a markup for the nice cosmetics.

I agree with this. 1500 for a shopped out working Paragon is reasonable. 1500 for a nonbooting, unshopped, Paragon is a little much. 1K range is more or less what you should expect realistically. I would expect lamp board, and rectifier board issues in addition to a new MPU. It's just common in this era game.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I agree with this. 1500 for a shopped out working Paragon is reasonable. 1500 for a nonbooting, unshopped, Paragon is a little much. 1K range is more or less what you should expect realistically. I would expect lamp board, and rectifier board issues in addition to a new MPU. It's just common in this era game.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking $1000 and hoping that I don't need a new MPU. An Altek will run me another $200. PLus the machine is a 4 hour drive from me, and my truck loves gas. I'm still hesitant at $1,000 because the boss isn't 100% on board. She like DMD games. When I brought home my JP, my wife loved it. So, I've had no problem putting some extra money into it . There is a possibility I bring it home, sink the money into it to fix it, and the boss hates it and I have to turn around and sell it. I might just have to pass on this one even though it's been on my wishlist for awhile.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yup. The game as it sits is not worth more than 1,000. I certainly would not pay 1,000 for it but I've been doing this long enough to know that if you have patience, anything is possible.

#12 5 years ago

Yeah, without being able to see it in person, worst case scenario is a new MPU (allteks are $200+ship, weebly is 160 shipped), and that would be just to get it playing. Then there's the question of lamp board issues (which there almost always is, it's never "just a few burnt bulbs") and rectifier board that has been likely hacked at one point (I've had to replace them in every game that I've brought in, but relatively cheap). Plus rubbers, mech work, lamp sockets, etc. After all said and done, you might be sitting at 1500-1800 Paragon. To me, it would be worth it at 1k.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

This is exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking $1000 and hoping that I don't need a new MPU. An Altek will run me another $200. PLus the machine is a 4 hour drive from me, and my truck loves gas. I'm still hesitant at $1,000 because the boss isn't 100% on board. She like DMD games. When I brought home my JP, my wife loved it. So, I've had no problem putting some extra money into it . There is a possibility I bring it home, sink the money into it to fix it, and the boss hates it and I have to turn around and sell it. I might just have to pass on this one even though it's been on my wishlist for awhile.

Well the succubus er I mean "boss" :Dhas her game, why can't you have yours? Paragons are around, if this isn't the right one, let it go. I agree with the 1K assessment, though.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Well the succubus er I mean "boss" :Dhas her game, why can't you have yours? Paragons are around, if this isn't the right one, let it go. I agree with the 1K assessment, though.

she told me I can't have another machine because she wants another kid I told her that a pinball machine and a child were 2 very different things. The most obvious difference is that the pinball machine is cheaper.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Paragon road?!? That's funny.

I knew a guy who lives on Elvira And The Party Monsters Lane. True story.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I agree. A non working game is worth less than a working one and there’s a million paragon out there.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

she told me I can't have another machine because she wants another kid I told her that a pinball machine and a child were 2 very different things. The most obvious difference is that the pinball machine is cheaper.

Plus you can sell the machine if you get bored with it. That said I paid $1500 for my Paragon a year ago with more playfield wear but fully shopped and working.

#18 5 years ago

In my experience $1,000 Paragon's have a PF and BG that look like these. Nice used PF's and BG's are really hard to find. If you get it for 1K, that's a steal. A nice Paragon BG & PF are worth a big premium in price.

DSCN4758 (resized).JPGDSCN4758 (resized).JPGDSCN4760 (resized).JPGDSCN4760 (resized).JPG

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

In my experience $1,000 Paragon's have a PF and BG that look like these. Nice used PF's and BG's are really hard to find. If you get it for 1K, that's a steal. A nice Paragon BG & PF are worth a big premium in price.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh dear... tears in my eyes!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Paragon road?!? That's funny. Thanks for the input on price

41336F80-275E-4F05-A314-0015630E15E1 (resized).png41336F80-275E-4F05-A314-0015630E15E1 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-paragon-2?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.