IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2381.JPG
IMG_2380.JPG
IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2375.JPG
IMG_2373.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've never seen or played either BOP or BR in person, but have played both on the virtual Pinball Arcade tables. I've got possible leads on one of each, and am just trying to determine what a decent price would be for a player's condition pin. Also, any opinions on these would be appreciated. I haven't sold any pins yet and this would be my "bonus" pin where I'd plan to keep it for awhile and then possibly swap out for something else (since the rest of the pins have no plans to leave.) I want something that's going to be fun to play and yet still hold its value as far as being trade bait or desirable for a buyer in the future. I'm not talking about considering it an investment or anything, but mostly concerned because there aren't that many pinball people near me, so finding a buyer isn't going to be as easy in the heavily populated pinball people areas that I'm jealous some of you live in. Thanks in advance!

#11 9 years ago

Bump for the Friday crowd.

#14 9 years ago

Wow. It definitely sounds like they're both love 'em or hate 'em games. I guess it's going to come down to if the BoP owner messages me back, what the situation is with the BR, and whether or not something else comes along before/at the Atlanta expo. I think I'd be happy playing either of them though. Both are fun on the virtual games, but I know those play differently than real life just from the differences in the virtual and my real NGG. I am a sucker for a good light show though, and BoP's looks awesome on the game. I've tricked out the LEDs so much on my real NGG that playing the virtual one looks stupidly bland, so I know I could do awesome things with the BoP.

Thanks for the opinions and help, and keep them coming.

#18 9 years ago

I'm mostly looking because I need a project. All my current pins are fixed, modded, shopped, have LEDs, etc. I like playing them, but I also really like tinkering with them. I've got room for 2 more max, Predator is taking one slot as of now, and that gives me room for one more game that I can work on, play, and eventually sell/swap. The rest are basically anchored to the floor, so it would be nice to have one rotation spot where I don't expect to keep it. Since I'm in a pinball desert but going to the Atlanta expo where there will be games available for purchase, it's more of an opportunity thing that a 'seriously need another pin' thing. So it doesn't have to be a forever keeper pin, just fun and something to work on. And cheap would be good too.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

What makes it unique? I like unique pins.

I know it has 3 video modes, ramps go behind the playfield, the canon pops up from beneath the playfield, the left ramp raises (like on NGG) to make a hole, and it has the center habitrail where the other ship fires back at you. It is a Trudeau/Eddy design, so not the all-too-common fan layout.

My husband (after playing it on the virtual table) refers to it as the Hipster Pirate game. "It was pirate-themed before pirates were cool."

#26 9 years ago

I play in the pitch dark, and my NGG has 8-LED flashers in all 11+ flashers over/under the playfield. My husband has disabling migraines as it is, so I have to close off the room when I play it, because the lightshow for multiball makes it look like an alien invasion at a discotech.

Everything is smoother on TPA. Fun enough when you don't have the real thing, but I'll play it and go "Yeah right, that never happens in real life" way too many times.

#31 9 years ago

Thank you so much for posting those! Wow, red REALLY fades fast on cabinets. On the large man/woman, specifically above the N and H in SINK SHIP, are those scratches or is it planking? I am trying to zoom in but can't tell.

#33 9 years ago

Ooh, shiney. Very pretty.

#36 9 years ago

Yeah, I agree with you on the definition of planking as lots of vertical lines. I am not familiar enough with the table to know there are sword inserts there and thought I was looking at stand-alone grooves, and wasn't sure if it was deep scratches or if there was more planking I just couldn't see. Inserts there and wear on them makes sense now that I know what I am looking at.

#38 9 years ago

I saw there was quite a bit going on with BoP as far as new plastics and available parts. Sadly it is 2.5 hours north (whereas everything else I am looking at is going to be at the expo in Atlanta) and the seller hasn't replied to my last PM a few days ago, so it may already be gone.

#46 9 years ago

Thanks so much for the videos. I have been LEDing my Revenge all day and not hanging out here, so just found them. From what little I know of the machine (since I have only played virtual) it looks like this one plays pretty well. I haven't seen one of those video modes before. I have Stargate and honestly suck at trying to make the pyramid shot, so I wonder how much different it is to hit the ship on BR since it is a very similar location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.95
3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 9.99
$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-opinions-wanted-for-black-rose-br-and-bride-bop-please?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.