Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jfh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Looked at a TAF advertised as HUO. Not original owner, bought 10 years ago and that seller claimed HUO.

Owner did not realize playfield or translite came off.

No lights in the backbox worked;

Battery leakage, but didn't see any acid other than on battery holder.

Playfield very nice except at chair - heavy wear, about 1/4" chip/wear on left side and wear all the way around. I suspect a cliffy would cover some, but not all wear.

No issues with mansion, all switch tests worked. Poor thing hand was practically black.

Very nice cabinet with topper, minor scuffing.

Didn't have my phone, so I don't have pictures.

Thoughts on fair value?

#2 10 years ago

Not HUO with what you described so far .

#3 10 years ago

Hopefully someone that hasn't taken care of it will be looking to unload it. GL on hopefully a great deal.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Not HUO with what you described so far .

Why not?
HUO but very heavy used and no maintenance.

#5 10 years ago

While it could be HUO, its not sounding like the best condition in the world (not for a traditional HUO). If the mansion on the playfield is good, then maybe high 4k range to low 5k range.......the battery acid would worry me a bit. If the chair has that much wear, then the game was played a lot.

To me, a working Addams with mansion wear is low 4k range, so this one would be the next step up (not super nice, but fairly nice).

#6 10 years ago

Wear around coin door coin exits? Sounds like claimed home use but unless coin area is mint I would not believe the hype.

#7 10 years ago

My opinion was that it wasn't HUO, but I couldn't figure out how an HUO game with supposedly very little play in the last 10 years could have what is essentially a trashed scoop area. Owner is asking $5500 (eBay research) and has a sight-unseen cash offer for $4800 (person coming tonight).

No wear on coin door that I could see, though they use quarters to play rather than free play.

She would take $5k, but that seems high to me - am I wrong?

#8 10 years ago

Tell her that at the price she wants, you're not interested. Be honest with her. Tell her what her TAF is really worth and offer her that($3750-$4000, IMHO), letting her know how much work you're going to have to do, and how much time it'll take, to get it to the level of those for sale on eBay. Show her pictures of the nice ones. Show her what the chair area is supposed to look like.

Then, tell her that if the guy that's coming to buy it sight unseen tries to low-ball her after seeing it, she should call you and you'll give her what you offered in cash and you'll give the machine a good home and see that it gets taken care of well. Prove to her that she should sell it to you because you offer a better home for her TAF.

You have the advantage of already having built a rapport with her, the guy coming tonight is probably going to change his tune when he sees it. If he sours his mood upon seeing it, she'll pick up on that and might want to sell it to the "nice guy who came by earlier".

Trust me, this kind of stuff works for me all the time. I've bought things from people cheaper than they were asking and for less than they were offered by others simply because I was a nice guy, honest, and proved that "their" item was best sold to me.

#9 10 years ago

Would love a TAF machine, but 5k is way too high for me, given your description.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Tell her that at the price she wants, you're not interested. Be honest with her. Tell her what her TAF is really worth and offer her that($3750-$4000, IMHO), letting her know how much work you're going to have to do, and how much time it'll take, to get it to the level of those for sale on eBay. Show her pictures of the nice ones. Show her what the chair area is supposed to look like.
Then, tell her that if the guy that's coming to buy it sight unseen tries to low-ball her after seeing it, she should call you and you'll give her what you offered in cash and you'll give the machine a good home and see that it gets taken care of well. Prove to her that she should sell it to you because you offer a better home for her TAF.
You have the advantage of already having built a rapport with her, the guy coming tonight is probably going to change his tune when he sees it. If he sours his mood upon seeing it, she'll pick up on that and might want to sell it to the "nice guy who came by earlier".
Trust me, this kind of stuff works for me all the time. I've bought things from people cheaper than they were asking and for less than they were offered by others simply because I was a nice guy, honest, and proved that "their" item was best sold to me.

This is great advice.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

This is good advice.

Sounds like a 4k machine based on described condition. I would want to get it for 3750 and that is only IF the boards are OK upon further inspection.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Thanks. I agree. My gut was $3800 - $4200, so I'm glad I was in the right ballpark.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 180.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-opinion-wanted-taf-supposed-huo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.