Topic poll

“Demolition Man or Hook?”

• Demolition Man 15 votes
    100%
  • Hook 0 votes

(15 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Evening,

I'm looking for a new pin to add to my collection and I am torn. I absolutely love Demolition Man but they have it priced at 3000 and I enjoy Hook. That game is 2095. A little over a year ago the DM was 1895. Anyone have any opinions on what game?

#2 10 years ago

I'd get Demo Man, but not for 3k. $2000 would be a lot more realistic.

#3 10 years ago

Take the money you have, and look for other games. DM for 3K is atrocious. Hook can;t be anywhere near 2K. These prices are dreadful. Run, do not walk, away from these.

#4 10 years ago

I'm confused on the request. So I'll answer as best I can.

As far as DemoManss in the MN area, I swear they are more like a 1500-2000 pin all day.
I personally did not like Hook, I saw a couple sell over the past year around the same range as Demoman.

Between the two, I would go for Demolition Man, but at that price it would have to be in immaculate condition, in my opinion.

#5 10 years ago

Wait for the game you want at a better price. Patience is key.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Wait for the game you want at a better price. Patience is key.

BIG time. Best advice.

#7 10 years ago

Also, check out DeLeo Bro's in Woodbury, right off Tamarack and Beilenberg. If you haven't been there, its a great pizza joint with pinballs and arcades.

http://www.deleobrospizza.com/

#8 10 years ago

DM is close to $2,000 on the higher end. I just sold a fully working Hook with a great playfield and LEDs for $1,300.

#9 10 years ago

Patience is the key. When I decide on a game, I sometimes will wait up to a year before finding one at the right condition and price. It is also a good way to keep from buying too many games too quickly.

#10 10 years ago

Demo man is a great game, but I'm going to echo what everyone has already said 3k is too much. I can see paying a couple hundred extra for a local game because you don't have to worry about shipping and get to test the game yourself before purchase...but for that price you would be better off to shop the classifieds here and have it shipped to you.

#11 10 years ago

I completely understand what everyone is saying and thanks a lot for the advice. I too thought that they were overpriced but I haven't seem many pins on CL lately. I really want to get another pin. I wish the prices were not so outrageous. I know Hook is not the best game but its one that I grew up with and really wouldn't mind owning in my collection. This is the first Hook that I have ever seen locally. I have bought games before on feebay and have always been upset ha. I have been playing at BlaineBrook bowl in Anoka, MN I think? Anyways they have a DM and I have been playing that for hours when I go. The one available from a local dealer is in unbelievable condition. I haven't seen a pin look so great. I just didn't want to spend that much.

#12 10 years ago

Well, good luck on your purchase either way. You could post a WTB (Want to Buy) thread here on pinside and see if anyone local has one to sell, or if someone not local is willing to ship.

The local retail shop, was it Action Pinball Warehouse in Fridley?

#13 10 years ago

My brother bought one earlier this year 1400. If you keep looking you will find one for the right price

#14 10 years ago

It is Action. I really like the place and the people there. Always friendly and I have bought a couple from them in the past. It seems the market is high right now lol...

I am going to try that WTB dealio and see.

Wow, 1400, really?

#15 10 years ago

When I was up @ Action this past weekend, they had a Mario Bros pin there. Do not recall the price, but I noticed it on your wanted list.

#16 10 years ago

Try to negotiate or simply start a WTB (want to buy) DM thread. One will turn up less than 3 large. Good luck-

#17 10 years ago

The Mario is 2495 there. I think I will take it off my want list. It's ok but I played it for several games today and I just didn't get into it.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

The Mario is 2495 there. I think I will take it off my want list. It's ok but I played it for several games today and I just didn't get into it.

I REALLY WANTED ONE... until I played it at Al's. The game is just plain slow. I also could not get into that game. I bet my kid would love to look at it, but I doubt he'd put more than a couple games on it.

#19 10 years ago

I feel exactly like you do on Mario! One of my favorite themes and games from my childhood but not a good pinball lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-opinion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.