Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Choggard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I've been looking for one of these for my wife (her favorite game). This month I've seen a HUO for $2,700 and a "collector's quality" for $2,850. Those seem a little high to me, even in the SF bay area.

Am I off the mark, here? Is this the going rate for a nicer WCS?

#2 10 years ago

You never know with the "hou" and "CC" lengo thrown in there. I wouldn't pay near that for a WCS and it's a great game.

#3 10 years ago

There's a WCS players machine around me on Craigslist for $775. It seems like I saw another awhile back going for around $1000. They kept re-listing, it never got any action.

#5 10 years ago

I thought the prices had gone up due to the guys using the boards and cabinets to build their own MMs.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I thought the prices had gone up due to the guys using the boards and cabinets to build their own MMs.

You're thinking of NBA Fastbreak, IMO a game that deserves a better fate.

#7 10 years ago

Sold my very nice players example for $1850 a couple months back. Took a good six weeks to move it at that price.

#8 10 years ago

Depends on where you are standing. They seem to be $1500 - $2000 in decent condition. The game is fun, so it's not crazy to pay $2750 for a perfect condition one. Depends on how important the condition is to you. I like my machines to look good on the outside and the PF. I have well over $3000 in parts and labor (not my labor) in my WCS94. I know I can't sell it for that and would have been better off buying one of the ones you listed. Mine has full shop job with all new repro plastics, ball, CT LED's, Soccor ball motor, etc.

#9 10 years ago

Paid $2300 for mine. About $300 more than I wanted to spend, but it was my first buy and after waiting 20 years to buy one I was a little over zealous. No regrets though. It's a great game in good condition. Corners under the legs are a bit funky but that doesn't bother me in the least. I just took it to the Mad Rollin Pinball tourney and had 3 or 4 people tell me it was the nicest they have played, and many more told me how much fun they had on it. I see them on here all the time from $1700-$2300. You should have no trouble finding one as 9000+ were made. Good luck on your search.

Quoted from Renegade:

There's a WCS players machine around me on Craigslist for $775. It seems like I saw another awhile back going for around $1000. They kept re-listing, it never got any action.

I would jump all over this! Even if it needed new everything you could make a great machine for cheap.

#10 10 years ago

The only problem is, you can't find new anything for them. As of now, there are no ramps or plastics sets available. Unless you get lucky and find them for a ridiculous price somewhere. You may be better off paying more for one with good ramps and plastics. Until someone starts reproducing them you will be stuck with what you have.

#11 10 years ago

Plastic sets are suppose to be run again as well as ramps are suppose to be in the pipeline.

#12 10 years ago

I hope that is true. I would love to find a new back ramp.

#13 10 years ago

They seem to be $2,000 to $2,200 for a good one. I don't know why... not that long ago it was a $1,500 game.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for all the comments, everyone. I'll keep looking...I was thinking in the 2,200 range would be pretty fair, so we'll see.

Quoted from Stack15:

They seem to be $2,000 to $2,200 for a good one. I don't know why... not that long ago it was a $1,500 game.

Maybe because most of the other Jpop games are bought up? Soccer is also getting more popular. BSD followed a similar trend, though...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Plastic sets are suppose to be run again as well as ramps are suppose to be in the pipeline.

I didn't hear about the plastics, but I did get an email confirming ramps. Will post it tomorrow if anyone would like. Soccer balls, motors, and goalies also are available.

#16 10 years ago

One out here in AZ for $2,500 as I want one someday as well. I thought about one back in April at Zapcon.com pin event I think around same price or maybe 2,400. Game is fun and I like soccer and play as well. First game was World Cup soccer from 1978. Would like to know what that go for as well with all LEDs. 2nd pin is so hard to choose.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

That was a different World Cup Soccer

#18 10 years ago

I had one, it was my first ever pinball, so missed it!!! Mine was in immaculate condition and played great. It was worth $3500 (Australian). I know it sold again for $3800!!!!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I didn't hear about the plastics, but I did get an email confirming ramps. Will post it tomorrow if anyone would like. Soccer balls, motors, and goalies also are available.

Yes, please post it.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from jyfly:

Yes, please post it.

EMAILS as follows:

Any plan to make a ramp set for World Cup Soccer 94?

Thanks,
Ken

Sent from my Phone
James

May 31

Hi Ken,
Yes, it is one of our upcoming projects. Hope to have them later this summer.

Thanks,

James

**Post edited per Taylor's suggestion. Although I don't see how having his business info is a bad thing(free advertisement), I will err on the side of caution.

#21 10 years ago

You should edit out his info

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

Where? Please send me the link I want one too..

#23 10 years ago

just paid $2500.00 for mine, but in really nice condition......mark

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Where? Please send me the link I want one too..

PDXMonkey apparently educated me in a few posts back. Looks like thats a different machine. Sorry

#25 10 years ago

One just popped up local to me but seems expensive at $2,850.

Only details listed, "Collector condition. Serious inquires only."
sfbay.craigslist.org link

My neighbor on next block has one in his garage, alongside a South Park. Haven't had a chance to introduce myself yet but I hope he lets me play them

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

You're thinking of NBA Fastbreak, IMO a game that deserves a better fate.

Ah...thank you for that clarification. I had not been keeping up on that whole "build your own" thread. It got too long.

#27 10 years ago

It's still an under 2k game, and I don't personally get why. It's fast, fun, looks great, has a ton of humor, and is a family friendly theme. Seems likely Ke it should be a 3k+ game to me. One of my favorites.

#28 10 years ago

10k by Christmas . . .

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Renegade:

PDXMonkey apparently educated me in a few posts back. Looks like thats a different machine. Sorry

Oh it's probably the old Soccer game..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-world-cup-soccer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.