1. broken translite
2. "couple of cracked plastics" including broken left slingshot plastic
3. intermittent spider motor
4. broken rib in boney beast
5. paint over "stiff" in apron

http://jayhawkai.imgur.com/scared_stiff

What say you, pinsiders?

#2 12 years ago

It actually looks pretty good from the pics, I have seen worse sell around me, Northeast US for over 3k. Prices on it seem to be going up lately too.

#3 12 years ago

There was one of the Dallas CL for 3500. Supposedly in good shape.

dallas.craigslist.org link

#4 12 years ago

3K is about tops for what you describe. Replacing the translite, a couple of plasctics and the other stuff will probably run you about $500+

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

5. paint over "stiff" in apron

Who in the hell would do that?
Don't tell me the web cleavage un-funinator was applied too?!?
Elvira should never have to apologize...
Sorry jay, just so much passion!

But realistically, it should be under $3K.
Now that there are new PF's, ramps, toys as well as GITD BB/flipper sets to grab. You should be good-to-go updating a neglected SS. If the DMD is good, I would offer $2200-2500 and use the rest to fix her up.

#6 12 years ago

Thanks the thoughts, guys. I'm curious about the posts on either side of the crate. They seem much higher than others, and I'm wondering why anyone would switch those out. Also will check the lock hole and ramp hole for damage.

#7 12 years ago

I think it looks pretty good. A tip top SS could easily fetch $4,000

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from Johnny:

There was one of the Dallas CL for 3500. Supposedly in good shape.

dallas.craigslist.org link

I looked at this game and it had cabinet fade on the reds.

Also FWIW, if you look close at the pic you can see a credit dot.

Nice looking game in your pics: no cabinet fade, nice looking PF (at least in the pics provided). You should be OK up to 3.3K or so unless there are other PF issues that can't be seen.

You can get a decal to fix that apron; those fixes are pretty hard to see unless you look close.

#9 12 years ago

if you arent interested let me know i am

#10 12 years ago

From what I can see, it's in good shape. It doesn't look like the boney beast ramp is melted where the lamp sits - but then again, it doesn't look like that lamp works. Big job to replace it. Ask me about it sometime.

No cabinet fade, frogs look good, crate label looks ok, there's at least one cliffy hole protector, has the original boney flippers, play field looks really good.

You'll definitely want to get a new spider motor, because it will probably effect your game play.

Its hard to see, but it doesn't look like the boney beast ramp protector is installed over the spider hole. You're gonna want that.

The ribs are painted (mine are not - just the beast skull) and there's little red beads between them. I don't have that on mine either.

My right slingshot plastic is busted on the lower corner, but it's an unfortunate common issue. I'll end up repairing it myself as I can sculpt/mold/cast.

I don't get why Stiff is painted over on the apron - almost looks like something was peeled off. Still, looks pretty good! I paid $3600 (incl shipping) for mine which is an un-restored, unmodified original from a private collector. (Exactly what I wanted)

See if they will take $2900 for it.

Edit - yes those posts around the crate do not look correct. Mine are not like that.

Johnny

#11 12 years ago

I just paid $3800 for mine. In same condition less the broken translite and spider.

#12 12 years ago

I would pay 2500-3000 for one in that condition jayhawkai.

#13 12 years ago

Thanks everyone, especially the brave. Found out that the bony beast ramp is a reproduction, supposedly thicker. Does this raise any concerns or affect installation of the ramp protector at the spider hole VUK?

#14 12 years ago

I don't think installing the ramp protector will be a problem. The ball gets shot out of the spider hole rather hard and tends to break the ribs and crack the ramp, so you will want to get it. You'll probably do better with an aftermarket that's thicker, but that's just a guess.

If you haven't already, go get that pin!

Johnny

#15 12 years ago

They sold one for 2100 at the ws auction and it was ok

#16 12 years ago

$2100 sounds like a steal for SS!

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from pinbob:

$2100 sounds like a steal for SS!

I'm sure there was another 300 to 400 tacked on for buyers premium and sales tax but still would have been a good deal.

2 weeks later
#18 12 years ago

Update: I bought it. Has a few minor problems, many of which thebrave had to deal with too (ramp lights, switches, etc), but the playfield was in really good shape, especially at the scoops.

I may post about the tech issues in thebrave's ramp teardown thread.

#19 12 years ago

Congrats! Fun game.

#20 12 years ago

LUCKY!!!

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Update: I bought it.

YAY!! Congratulations! May you have many hours of fun, and few repairs.

#22 12 years ago

Thanks! Pretty happy with the condition overall, even with the cosmetic issues.

#23 12 years ago

I have one I'm going to sell for 3300 location Vernon ct

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Update: I bought it.

If you buy a pair of slingshot plastic and are interested to sell the right side, tell me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 38.00
£ 39.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 249.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

£ 37.00
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-this-scared-stiff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.