• 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG3112.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3tt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I can only find year old discussions on the value of this. The one I'm looking at has been listed on ebay and CL for well over a month at $2k with no takers. I know with ebay and paypal fees, he is willing to net 1740. I love the theme/movie, but from my research I don't think I should go over 1500. Claims it's been in a home arcade "forever," but that doesn't mean it wasn't routed.

Also, does anyone know how many of these were produced? I can't find that data anywhere.

#5 8 years ago

thanks for the quick responses. I absolutely love the movie and do want it, however it's not a pin I just "have to have." I technically should finish putting my JM back together before I buy this one.

I fall into the demographic of who would want this one, and I think that is a small group. You have to like the movie, not care that it's not family friendly, and be okay with that 3rd flipper which in my mind takes some time to get used to.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I bought a HUO SST for $1900 and it's worth every penny. It's a Stern Premium in disguse as a cheesy Sega. Medieval Madnesses layout with a badass sci-fi theme. What's not to go bananas over??

lol, I already saw you mention the MM layout in another thread.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from twitami:

And if all these people can really find SST Sega DMD games for 1400 or 1500, you are missing the boat in the resale market, cause I never see any that cheap.

It's good to hear this higher sales data, but from my research... I could only find what DefaultGen talked about. Selling for $1450.

#29 8 years ago

It is now mine. Thanks for the input everyone. Guy said he owned it in his homefor 16+ years and bought it "almost" new from an operator I know. Said he recently replaced the CPU board for $500. Overall it looked great. The playfield was sort of dirty but no damage. The bug count windows were very hazy. I don't think it had been shopped/cleaned since he owned it. I asked to take the glass off, and I had to show him how to do it. When we took the glass off to look underneath, the gunk accumulated on the edge was way worse than my routed JM I got a few months ago. Inside of the cabinet was very clean. The glass had a few more scratches than I would have liked to have seen, but that's an easy fix. I know there is a factory clear coat, so I think some Treasure Cove polish should fix the playfield up nicely. The cabinet had one quarter sized scrape in the paint, but the rest of it looked great. DMD was crisp and bright. Played a couple of balls and everything seemed to work. Moving bug moved very smooth and quietly. I noticed the left flipper would briefly stick every 20 flips or so, but I think that's just because it was dirty. Flippers were strong. He also did confirm what BlueIrocGuy said, only 1500 produced.

Guy would not go under $1800, and I was hesitant to offer that. I told him I would think about it. We went back downstairs and started talking to his wife. We made small talk and the conversation somehow turned to how she was having trouble with Google Adwords.
Guess what I do for a living?

I have all the Google Adwords certs, and am one of the 18 "Partner Ambassadors" in all of USA and Canada selected by Google. I was like, "I can help you with that, ma'am." 2 hours later, he's offering me to trade the pinball to help his wife with her Google/Internet problems... which are plentiful.

Worst case is I pay $1000 for the machine and help his wife, best case I pay nothing and his wife becomes a client!

#34 8 years ago

@Taxman @Chuckwurt It's their advertising platform and how they earn billions of dollars each quarter.

#36 8 years ago

Absolutely love the movie. I now have the complete "what makes Dina Meyer pinball relevant" collection. She faved and retweeted this post I made about polishing her to a brilliant shine. https://twitter.com/DavidKyle/status/619689977056731136

I've been playing the pinball arcade digital version. Do you know if that's Casper Van Dien on the custom pinball related callouts or an impostor? I know that's really Michael Ironside, but it sounds like it might have been lifted from the movie.

#42 8 years ago

@pinball_customs I forgot I didn't mention that. One of the first things I looked for. It worked perfectly. Very smooth movement and quiet. I'm not looking to strip this one down until I get my JM done. I'll do the best I can without taking anything apart. It played nice the way it is minus the occasional left flipper sticking. That wasn't even really that bad. It would stick for less than a second when it did so.

#43 8 years ago

@taxman I thought he was talking about the Warrior. The other one is the pop up brain bug. I didn't test that, but from strategy guides I've read, it's real risky to shoot at for points you get from it. Where is the hopper and what does it do?

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

But next time I played it all the scores were reset? Wonder if after X number of games the scores wipe like newer sterns?

I'm pretty sure that is a setting on most pins. It is on my JM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3tt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-starship-troopers-sst?tu=f3tt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.