• 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG3112.jpg
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Mike, you're at that stage already huh...

I don't mind holding on to WH20 and ES longer if you need

#52 8 years ago

Paid $1250 for mine in 2006. Paying what you did today doesn't seem unreasonable. The game is fanstastic in my opinion. It's not slow by any means, or deep even. Since then I've never had the pleasure of making it to Klendathu by completing the planets one by one. Also only been able to snag a few Super Nukes as, for some reason, I have trouble making the ramps when it counts.

Awesome game. Hold onto it!

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I don't mind holding on to WH20 and ES longer if you need

Lol I have had up to 3 machines at the neighbors Down to two for now

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from ExitWound:

Paid $1250 for mine in 2006. Paying what you did today doesn't seem unreasonable. The game is fanstastic in my opinion. It's not slow by any means, or deep even. Since then I've never had the pleasure of making it to Klendathu by completing the planets one by one. Also only been able to snag a few Super Nukes as, for some reason, I have trouble making the ramps when it counts.
Awesome game. Hold onto it!

Of the few games I have played I'm really enjoying it. I was pretty close to getting to the final planet as well. That was a score of 268mill I believe. I missed the GC score by less that 1 million lol. But next time I played it all the scores were reset? Wonder if after X number of games the scores wipe like newer sterns?

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

But next time I played it all the scores were reset? Wonder if after X number of games the scores wipe like newer sterns?

I'm pretty sure that is a setting on most pins. It is on my JM.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from F3TT:

I'm pretty sure that is a setting on most pins. It is on my JM.

Yes I think so. I'll check games played and if it is some large round number than that is likely the case

#57 8 years ago

Of the few games I have played I'm really enjoying it. I was pretty close to getting to the final planet as well. That was a score of 268mill I believe. I missed the GC score by less that 1 million lol. But next time I played it all the scores were reset? Wonder if after X number of games the scores wipe like newer sterns?

Same here. My highest score of 397M is gone. I think there's a setting in the options to change the frequency at which the scores reset. Mine haven't reset since then. I take pictures of them just in case!

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from ExitWound:

Same here. My highest score of 397M is gone. I think there's a setting in the options to change the frequency at which the scores reset. Mine haven't reset since then. I take pictures of them just in case!

There is on newer sterns fur sure. Found that out when all but my GC scores on Tron vanished one day after 1500 plays.

#59 8 years ago

There is on newer sterns fur sure. Found that out when all but my GC scores on Tron vanished one day after 1500 plays.

I want to say mine was set to 2300 for some reason. Weird that it's in there at all. But Stern's whitestar adoption explains why they're the same.

#60 8 years ago

My SST used to lose scores randomly, but it's behaved for a good six months now. The only thing I changed was turning off the dehumidifier when I played, as that also caused some random resetting.

#61 8 years ago

Bought a very turdy representation of SST a few months ago for $650. Looked more like StarSh*t Poopers! After a few hundred dollars for parts and 25 hours of polishing/cleaning, The game looks great.

#62 8 years ago

Major congrats! SST is one of my faves, but never seem to come up around these parts.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Major congrats! SST is one of my faves, but never seem to come up around these parts.

That's because the North East has too many hoarders

#64 8 years ago

I have a nice SST plays 100% perfect I could sell only because I'm out of room.Leds,speaker upgrades,light panel color changing mod,Superbands,acrylic bug speaker inserts.
I'd let it go for 2k.

IMAG3112.jpgIMAG3112.jpg

#65 8 years ago

SST is by far one of my favorite mid-range games. It's never leaving my collection.

With all the mods I've done to it, I think it has more features and interesting things than most modern LEs do.

If SST had a ColorDMD, it would just put the icing on the cake. *cough*taxman*cough*.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I have a nice SST plays 100% perfect I could sell only because I'm out of room.Leds,speaker upgrades,light panel color changing mod,Superbands,acrylic bug speaker inserts.
I'd let it go for 2k.

IMAG3112.jpg

Hmmmm, only 18 hours each way. Checks my work schedule.

3 weeks later
#67 8 years ago

That is a really Nice SST ElevatorMan. If I didnt have one, I would buy that! If I could sell mine quick, I might buy that! lol

Where the grills from?

#68 8 years ago

Should cost WAY more.
SST outplays many higher priced pins.
Underrated is an understatement.

3 years later
#69 5 years ago

Bumping this old thread, what is SST going for nowadays? Thanks!

#70 5 years ago

I sold a nice condition player's game for $1900 a few months ago. Playfield was in nice shape. Cabinet wear at the flipper buttons.

#71 5 years ago

I have always had a soft spot for this title. If, I ever see a collector condition one in my area..I'm in.

2 months later
#72 5 years ago

Wanted to get some thoughts here. I have checked the archived prices and it looks like SST goes for around $2k. Haven't played one, like the movie, and game play looks decent. Any additional thoughts on how it holds up vs others pins in this price range? I have a LAH which was a great buy at $2k. Maybe not as many bells and whistles in SST but it seems to have enough going on.

THanks

John

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Wanted to get some thoughts here. I have checked the archived prices and it looks like SST goes for around $2k. Haven't played one, like the movie, and game play looks decent. Any additional thoughts on how it holds up vs others pins in this price range? I have a LAH which was a great buy at $2k. Maybe not as many bells and whistles in SST but it seems to have enough going on.
THanks
John

I've owned two SSTs because it's a really fun, flowing game. If you find a nice, *clean* one for $2k then buy it. Enjoy it and you can sell or trade it no problem for your purchase price when it's time to try another pin.

#74 5 years ago

I've had mine for 3 years, there's a lot more going on in this game than it looks, tons of fun.
unique cabinet with the marquee backbox. Very underrated probably because most haven't played one.

#75 5 years ago

SST has been around 2K for the better part of 5 years. When people chime in with "I wouldn't sell mine for that" it just means that you are choosing to not sell it at this time. What you are willing to sell a game for in a private sale has very little to do with the currently advertised for sale prices for an average or "going rate" for a SST.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-starship-troopers-sst/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.