Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Tommi_Gunn
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hello everyone,

I have been chatting with another pinsider, he seems like a great guy btw, about purchasing a machine of his. The problem is the machine would need to be shipped as we are about 1k miles away from each other.

I have never interacted with a shipping company and the seller has limited experience with them as well but recommended I use North American Van Lines.

Anyway, I called NAVL yesterday and got directed to their "arcade department" (actually, I was glad to hear the moving company had an arcade department). I left a couple messages. They got back to me today. They do appear to be full service and will shrink and pad wrap the pin (which is really good). I have three questions and appreciate any feedback:

1) Aparently the NAVL "arcade department" is Clemmer Moving & Storage, Inc. as an Agent for Allied Van Lines? Does that sound right to everyone or is that a different moving company I would be out sourced to?

2) The price is $519.91 to ship the pin from Florida to Louisiana. Does that seem high or is that the cost these days for curb side delivery?

3) They could not provide me an exact day of pick up from the seller, rather they said they would call him one day prior to the pickup. This makes it a bit difficult to coordinate the pick up with the seller, but if it is the industry standard then I totally understand. Is it the industry standard?

Anyway, sorry for all the noob questions. Though I've had a couple pins for a long time I've really only in the past month decided to make this a real hobby and learn about the industry. Many thanks for your time if you respond.

#3 12 years ago

Hmm, thank you for the quick response ctozzi. Yea, Atlanta to Vegas is a further distance from this order so that does have me put the price into question. I suppose the natural counter to that that the deliverer could use though is: "Atlanta and Vegas are major cities and centers of transportation, easier to pick up and deliver there" (both the seller and I are in smaller cities).

I think I will ask about that though. That is a substantial difference.

#10 12 years ago

Thanks for all the assistance guys! I really appreciate all the suggestions and the time ya'll have taken to provide them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-shipping?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.