Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2015-11-09-08-51-13.png
20151107_131155.jpg
20151107_131149.jpg
20151107_131139.jpg
20151107_131122.jpg
20151107_131111.jpg
20151107_130318.jpg
20151107_130335.jpg
20151107_130310.jpg

#1 3 years ago

I may have a line on what I would consider a heavily routed IM. I am not sure how willing they are to sell, but it's getting to be unplayable the way it is and I it sounds like rather that taking the time to fix it they might be willing to sell. We haven't talked price yet, but I'd like to get your guys opinion on what a fair number would be.

The Good:
- It's Iron Man
- Monger Works
- Other than at the magnets the playfield looks like it's in OK shape
- Nice cabinet and backglass
- All switches seem to work from what I can tell

The Bad:
- Seriously mushroomed magnets causing divots on the playfield. The one by whiplash is so bad the ball gets stuck in it sometimes and can't be shaken out.
- A vertical line through the DMD
- Slightly broken ramps, but don't seem to affect strength or flow
- wear marks on the inside of the cabinet, which I would assume can just be painted

Obviously, the playfield around mushroomed magnets would be the most work to fix. I would probably try some sort of wood filler/epoxy could be used to build it back up, get a decal to cover the repair and then mylar over the whole area. Either that or a new playfield. I don't think it's worth trying to restore those areas more than that, but let me know if I am wrong.

20151107_130310.jpg

20151107_130335.jpg

20151107_130318.jpg

20151107_131111.jpg

20151107_131122.jpg

20151107_131139.jpg

20151107_131149.jpg

20151107_131155.jpg

#3 3 years ago

That's in line with what I was thinking. If I have to do a full playfield swap I feel it might be a hit high, but maybe not

#4 3 years ago

Not sure what these would go for routed. Looks pretty rough. Still lots of gameplay value there.

I bought mine for $4k HUO, FWIW.

#5 3 years ago

I would pass on it. Spend a few extra bucks and get a nice one.

#6 3 years ago

In that bad of condition maybe $3,200 USD. I passed on a routed one in a good bit nicer condition than this for $3,900.

Those magnet areas and the cracked ramps really destroy the value of this game. Would be rather expensive to fix that.

#7 3 years ago

3g us dollars

#8 3 years ago

What can you get the Vault edition for???

#9 3 years ago

Sounds like I am in the right ball park then. I'll see try to talk to them this week and see what they are thinking. Might still be worth more than I that to them, since its a pretty popular theme.

#10 3 years ago

If it's nearly unplayable, bid low. Really low. Friend of mine got a pin that (in HUO shape) is easily $4K. The magnet mushrooming was so bad that he got it for $1000.

#11 3 years ago

I dont think there is a DMD issue. If its the vertical line in your pic. Thats how Iron Man displays scores.

Here's my VE led dmd displaying a high score.

Those playfield issues are an easy fix.
Remove the magnet cores. Fill and sand. Then get a good magnet area scan. Print a decal and mylar over it.
A couple hours and a few bucks to fix.

The cracked ramps however are gonna be $$.
Unless you can live with them.

Screenshot_2015-11-09-08-51-13.png

#12 3 years ago

If the magnets are that bad, what's the shooter lane and slingshot/flipper PF area like? A PF swap would be a heck of a lot of work and estimated to be the equivalent $2K (PF cost and labor, not including extra parts). Therefore $3,500 would probably be very fair to the seller.

As the previous posts stated; the magnet areas could be repaired and add decals, the ramp chip is not a factor for gameplay (if you are OCD, then you would replace it, I would not; however, I would take out the ramps and either Novus 3/2 them and/or flame polish), the DMD is not broken, change all the rubbers, add mirror blades or side decals (Pingraffix) to the inner cab. I would then consider adding LEDs.

So, for $3,500 plus $200 in parts (decals/blades/rubbers; more if adding LEDs) and lots of labor, you will have a great game for an excellent price that you could resell for over $4K.

#13 3 years ago

Me personally, not much. I would rather spend my money on nice bsd, rs, or twd. I don't get the draw of that game so maybe I am the wrong person to ask.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I dont think there is a DMD issue. If its the vertical line in your pic. Thats how Iron Man displays scores.
Here's my VE led dmd displaying a high score.
Those playfield issues are an easy fix.
Remove the magnet cores. Fill and sand. Then get a good magnet area scan. Print a decal and mylar over it.
A couple hours and a few bucks to fix.
The cracked ramps however are gonna be $$.
Unless you can live with them.

If you look closely you can see another vertical line through the D in the middle of the screen. It didn't show up that well in the photo, but it's pretty obvious in person.

#15 3 years ago

Originally I thought $3,500 CDN, but the more I look at that playfield, the more I think $3K CDN. You could always offer $2,800 CDN or so and see how it goes.

Tough to guage the market right now, though. Prices and demand are high in Ontario. Not sure about your neck of the woods. In Ontario, HUO is an easy $6K.

You mentioned:

"- Seriously mushroomed magnets causing divots on the playfield. The one by whiplash is so bad the ball gets stuck in it sometimes and can't be shaken out."

Those aren't seriously mushroomed. I've seen and repaired much worse. Very easy and cheap to fix. Simply take out and grind the metal flat. Re-install. Fixed.

"- Slightly broken ramps, but don't seem to affect strength or flow"

Ramps don't look too bad if you just want to play the game. You can repair or strengthen if necessary.

"- wear marks on the inside of the cabinet, which I would assume can just be painted"

Yep, painting/touch up wouldn't be too hard. The playfield, on the other hand, will be tough to colour match. I'm talking about the wear around the magnets. You could do the best you can and then put mylar down to prevent further wear.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the game if you are thinking of doing a playfield swap. The price will very quickly add up to the cost of a nice HUO example. Could even be more -- playfield and ramps on this game are expensive. Plastics are also very exspensive. You didn't mention plastics, but I guarantee some plastics are broken. I bought a routed IM in nicer condition and it had broken plastics.

If you want to play and enjoy the game, buy it and restore it to playable; otherwise consider buying HUO.

Cheers,
Duane

#16 3 years ago

I'd stand firm at 3500 CAD (about $2600 USD). You can make it really nice, but it will take a lot of work.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside