Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

roadshowpinball.JPG
RS_after.jpg
RS_before.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Play it today. Good condition.

#2 11 years ago

Are you asking what is worth? What is the seller asking for it?

#3 11 years ago

#4 11 years ago

Road Show was on the short list for my fourth pin. I am led to believe that a good condition one should be $1,800 to $2,200.

#5 11 years ago

Probably about right. Still can't believe they don't sell for more!!

#6 11 years ago

4 flippers wide body. Deep rules. Are game specific parts hard to get for it? Any issues to look for?

#7 11 years ago

make sure the heads work

#8 11 years ago

And make sure the optos underneath work for registering the ball hits by the heads. I almost bought one once before where the opto boards weren't even installed let alone working. needless to say the game wouldn't have really functioned without them.

#9 11 years ago

Any photos?

Play field wear?

..Good condition is rather.. Well unhelpful.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Road Show was on the short list for my fourth pin. I am led to believe that a good condition one should be $1,800 to $2,200.

This spot on for the midwest! I have been tracking for a while and nice ones are trending right at 2k for a actual selling price. I saw a super nice one with LEDs sell for $2300.

That said, it seems the current asking price from many seller is closer to $2500

#11 11 years ago

I have one I am selling for $2750. It has a restored cabinet and is quite nice. I think it is a fair price in the current market. These were 1800-2200 about a year ago, if you can find one for that price I say jump on it. As stated above, I dont know why people knock it, it really is a great game, with depth and lots of shots. I just have a line on a new game or it would stay in my collection.

Todd

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tommi_Gunn said:2.5k

I hear you. I think the country music kills it for a lot of people and believe me, I am not a country fan and still enjoy the game.

4 flippers, shaker motor, 2 plungers, 2 talking heads, lots modes, just a good game. I think many people dont play enough to see the depth it actually has. Oh well. If I didnt have a TOM lined up, I wouldnt be selling it.

Todd

#13 11 years ago

I have an RS, It's my first game and alot of fun, The music get's alot of hate . It doesn't bother me.

The game has a great dmd interaction and a blast to play. The shaker is cool when you hit the blast zone and it can be comical listeing to Red and Ted. On the East Coast I see them for $1800.00 to $2,500.00

#14 11 years ago

I think $2500 is a fair price and I would be all over it for $1800-2200. I paid a lot more last October for one that was in very nice condition with brand new cab decals along with being completely shopped and gone over by a very anal collector who had planned to keep it.

As other have mentioned make sure both heads work because I read they are a pain to work on and the most common wear you will see is the kick out hole which can be hidden by a Cliffy and the fish on the playfield and I think the previous owner did an excellent job of touching it up and reconstructing the tip of the fish head. He also pointed out how he adjusted or aligned the scoop so that when the ball kicks out it comes level to the playfield instead of an air ball. He said that is why the fish area always wears as a result of this. Either way I have a piece of mylar there on mine to protect his touch up and area from wear.

RS_before.jpgRS_before.jpg RS_after.jpgRS_after.jpg

#15 11 years ago

condition is the key, prices range from $1800-$2800.

Great game...have had for 6 months and still have so much to do, there are a lot of different strategies available to apply towards getting a high score and that is fun.

#16 11 years ago

There's still RS to be found for $1600-$1800. I personally would avoid any with "fish wear".

Great flow, great callouts and plenty of depth and modes for lots of fun. The "Country Music" stigma is so overplayed. It's really a great game.

Good luck,

Brian

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Great flow, great callouts and plenty of depth and modes for lots of fun. The "Country Music" stigma is so overplayed. It's really a great game.

The music on Roadshow doesn't bother me at all and think it suits the game. Another fun game that suffers from the same bad music stigma is Fishtales.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

RobT said:Tommi_Gunn said:2.5k
I hear you. I think the country music kills it for a lot of people and believe me, I am not a country fan and still enjoy the game.
4 flippers, shaker motor, 2 plungers, 2 talking heads, lots modes, just a good game. I think many people dont play enough to see the depth it actually has. Oh well. If I didnt have a TOM lined up, I wouldnt be selling it.
Todd

I completely agree about a lot of people not getting into the game deep enough to see all that it offers. This was me the first 4 days or so I had it at home. Game was seeming repetitive and I was convinced I had made a mistake buying it. Well, I just wasn't hitting my shots, so I wasn't getting very deep into the game and not seeing all the cool modes that this pin has.

#19 11 years ago

I hope it's cool to hijack this thread with my RS question?

How much would you pay for a RS that is completely dissasembled that the current owner gave up on finishing?
The entire thing is in pieces, boards are out, backbox is off, pf is out of the cabinet.
The playfield is nice with minor kickout wear which is covered by a cliffy, it is partially populated. It comes with new cabinet decals that need to be installed and new legs.

roadshowpinball.JPGroadshowpinball.JPG

#20 11 years ago

I just picked one up last month and the game is lots of fun! Lots of different shots to hit and a variety of ways to play the game as other have posted.

As far as price as other have stated 1,800 to 2,600 depending on pf wear and the condition of red, ted and the cabinet.

For the game in pieces above that would be tough to price. Make sure everything is there and you have pictures from the guy to put it back together. Try and leave some room for yourself in case you need to buy any additional parts.

#21 11 years ago

If you can get it cheap might be worth the risk. One bad thing is the CPU boards for RS were not reproduced and marco seems to be the only one with them and they are asking $600. I would say if you like working on machines and can get it cheap, $1000, it would be a fun project.

#22 11 years ago

Any wear by the fish Cam? The good thing with the playfield out of the cab and partially torn down is you can really give it a properly cleaning or even consider clear coating it if you think it's a long term keeper. If you do get it for a good price I can help you take whatever pics you need to use as reference on my machine.

#23 11 years ago

$1000 at high end for that project IMHO, and that is if you are sure that all the parts are actually in the pile.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

$1000 at high end for that project IMHO, and that is if you are sure that all the parts are actually in the pile.

Yeah, this is assuming all the parts are there. I enjoy working on games, I know if I came across that game, and everything was there and just needed to be put back together. I would pay $1000 for it. Havent messed with decals, I hear they are a pain to work with.

#25 11 years ago

The guy seems really honest and he says all the parts are there. There is no wear on the fish, he sent a hi Rez pic showing the full pf. That would be awesome Mike, as that's what scares me.... I didn't take it apart so it could be a challenging and hair pulling adventure! The pricing has confused on what to offer

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

The pricing has confused on what to offer

What was the reason for him not continuing the tear down or putting it back together? Did he feel like he got in over his head? Did he see a squirrel run by outside and lost interest?

Why don't you ask the seller what his pricing expectations are start from there? He might have a really high number in mind so you could just be wasting your time. It took me 10 months to find mine in Toronto and sure pickings are pretty slim in Edmonton. I would say if you can get this for under $1200-1300 would be fair again assuming everything is there and works once put back together. The nice thing about this would be the experience you gain when you put this back together and also knowing it was done right or to your standards.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

What was the reason for him not continuing the tear down or putting it back together? Did he feel like he got in over his head? Did he see a squirrel run by outside and lost interest?
Why don't you ask the seller what his pricing expectations are start from there? He might have a really high number in mind so you could just be wasting your time. It took me 10 months to find mine in Toronto and sure pickings are pretty slim in Edmonton. I would say if you can get this for under $1200-1300 would be fair again assuming everything is there and works once put back together. The nice thing about this would be the experience you gain when you put this back together and also knowing it was done right or to your standards.

By the sounds of it he lost interest and I'll sure the amount of work was part of it to. It's been sitting apart for quite some time.
A few months ago he sort of implied he'd let it go for $2000, but that's when he thought he had $900 in part for it, he since found his receipts and he spent around $400. He has acknowledged a complete unshopped game is worth +/- $1800 and then said make an offer.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

mwong168 said:What was the reason for him not continuing the tear down or putting it back together? Did he feel like he got in over his head? Did he see a squirrel run by outside and lost interest?
By the sounds of it he lost interest and I'll sure the amount of work was part of it to. It's been sitting apart for quite some time.
A few months ago he sort of implied he'd let it go for $2000, but that's when he thought he had $900 in part for it, he since found his receipts and he spent around $400. He has acknowledged a complete unshopped game is worth +/- $1800 and then said make an offer.

If you had a guarantee that all parts were there and it was working ... then most of us would just go for broke I think. Most are going to want to tear it down and clean it up anyhow ... so this saves a step.

However ... no one is going to give you that guarantee. So I say a grand is fair. Offer $900 and haggle accordingly.

Good luck!

#29 11 years ago

Yeah, my gut was at $1k too... Your time is valuable, but it does look like a lot of fun!

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

If you had a guarantee that all parts were there and it was working ... then most of us would just go for broke I think. Most are going to want to tear it down and clean it up anyhow ... so this saves a step.
However ... no one is going to give you that guarantee. So I say a grand is fair. Offer $900 and haggle accordingly.
Good luck!

He guarantees all the parts are there, whether it was 100% working when he took it apart could be another matter. I'll make an offer and see what happens, I'll post back how I make out.

#31 11 years ago

I just talked to him and he will split the difference and sell it to me at $1250. What should I do?

#32 11 years ago

Tell him you will take it for $1000 now and agree to pay him the other $250 when you get it all put back together in 1 month if everything it there. That seems fair to me but would take some trust on his behalf.

If he does not trust you to pay him the extra $250 at a later date then just pay him cash for the $1000 and $250 via paypal standard payment with the written agreement that 100% of the parts are intact and that he will reimburse any cost for major missing parts. You are then protected via paypal if he was snowballing you about all the parts being there...

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

I just talked to him and he will split the different and sell it to me at $1250. What should I do?

An inch or two over what I would pay, but I'd say it's your call. You judge condition and trust in the seller, and the value you put on the rebuild process.

Maybe make a last attempt, at maybe 1150.

Good luck.

#34 11 years ago

this listing will help gauge how much a RS is going for at least in Cali. It is up to $2300 with a about 9 days to go for what looks like a nice game.

ebay.com link: itm

#35 11 years ago

I'm in Ky and I have one I'll trade you, I just want 2 itty bitty pins for it, it's listed on Lou KYs CL with 40+ pics link.
Fish wear isn't as bad as the one in your pic, but it has some other cosmetic flaws that can be fixed with a call to Marco and less than 100.00 bucks to get it tip top, cabinet is real good and pf is perfect aside from small fish wear.

#36 11 years ago

If anyone's looking for one, we've got one without fish wear for $2295. Does have a chip in the front of the cabinet, and messed up art around the front right leg. Pics at:
http://s700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/rebeccabjohnston/Road%20Show/

We're in Ohio...

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

If anyone's looking for one, we've got one without fish wear for $2295. Does have a chip in the front of the cabinet, and messed up art around the front right leg. Pics at:
We're in Ohio...

First picture shows "fish wear" on the right edge of the insert that the fish is on top of... Too bad, I was very interested but I had a nice one and want another nice one back!

#38 11 years ago

wtf, I guess I messed up please delete.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

I hope it's cool to hijack this thread with my RS question?
How much would you pay for a RS that is completely dissasembled that the current owner gave up on finishing?
The entire thing is in pieces, boards are out, backbox is off, pf is out of the cabinet.
The playfield is nice with minor kickout wear which is covered by a cliffy, it is partially populated. It comes with new cabinet decals that need to be installed and new legs.

Quoted from pinster68:

An inch or two over what I would pay, but I'd say it's your call. You judge condition and trust in the seller, and the value you put on the rebuild process.
Maybe make a last attempt, at maybe 1150.
Good luck.

I bought it on Sunday for $1200. The seller is a local operator that started the tear down about 5 years ago to put it in his basement, he lost interest after taking it apart and ordering parts.
He promised that it worked 100% when he started and that all the parts are there. It came with new uninstalled cab decals, brand new blue legs and bunch of small stuff like flippers, decals, rubbers and hardware. The playfield looks very nice with zero wear anywhere.
I'll start on it when I get a chance and more than likely start a new thread to get some help along the way since I didn't take it apart and will definately have some questions.

#40 11 years ago

Does anyone have a link to a Road Show restoration/shop out page. Any help would be awesome!

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

CadillacMusic said:

We're in Ohio...
First picture shows "fish wear" on the right edge of the insert that the fish is on top of... Too bad, I was very interested but I had a nice one and want another nice one back!

Ok, I didn't realize that counted as fish wear, because it's on the insert and not the playfield. Learn something new every day.

#42 11 years ago

Good condition in FL? 1600-1800

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

Does anyone have a link to a Road Show restoration/shop out page. Any help would be awesome!

Here is something I found while looking into Road Show issues.. Might be helpful to you.

http://www.aaarpinball.com/RoadShow/RoadShow.htm

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

If you get stuck just ask ... I'll be happy to snap some pics of mine for you.

Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-roadshow-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.