Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jgentry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I need some help appropriately pricing the monster bash that I have worked on over the past few months. I've decided it's time to part ways with this game, there are so many new games coming out that I would rather have.

I wouldn't go so far as to say this game is "collector quality" but I would say it's near collector quality. There are a few blemishes and imperfections that I'll be upfront about.

This was my first decal job and while I learned a lot, it isn't perfect. It's really nice compared to many monster bashes but again, not perfect. There are a few minor wrinkles around the legs, from using the wrong cabinet protectors initially (lesson #1). The good metal cabinet protectors are on it now but it doesn't reverse the clock. There is one small spot in the back on the left side where the decal was torn a bit from aggressive application (lesson #2). It really isn't noticeable unless you're looking for it. Also, the left side decal isn't as smooth as the right one, I'm not sure why that is but I think it's because I applied it too quickly after primer and there was some "outgassing" (lesson #3). However, when I point these things out to other enthusiasts they can't seem to see it.

The other imperfection is the powdercoat on the right rail has a small chip in it where the color has come off, I dont know when or how this happened. Other minor details are, the back has the warning label painted over (I was going to re-stencil it, but decided not to) and the lower back cabinet has some scratches from being moved while packed up without feet.

The HV portion of the video board doesn't work, but since the LCD display doesn't use it this doesn't affect anything unless you wanted to put an original DMD back in the game.

The power driver board isn't in superior condition, and has some hacks but it is working.

On to the good..
Cabinet was repainted inside and underneath
New Mirco Playfield
New Coin Door
All LED
Color DMD
New Plastics
Clear Plastic Protectors
New Creature Plastic Window
Metal Cabinet Protectors
Flipper Fidelity Cabinet Speakers
Powder Coat is "Granny Apple Smith"
Powder Coated Wireforms, Inlane Guides, Legs, Rails, Lockdown bar, and Hinges
All Star Posts are UV lit
LED OCD
Pinbits "Blackout" Mod
Hand Painted Figures
Mirror Blades
Apron Flashers Tied Into Frank
Under PF Scoop Flasher Tied into the flasher above the scope
Playfield Protector
Drac Trac Bracket (Prevents Warping)
Target Decals
Scoop Cliffy
Lighted Flipper Buttons
Great Plains Electronics Fliptronics Reproduction Boards
New Ball Trough
Mantis Upgraded Metal Scoop Weldment
Replica Serial # Decals
Replica Williams Label Decals
Painted Power Supply Box

Restoration Thread is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-full-restoration

Game Play Video:

Tour Video:

#2 2 years ago

Beautiful machine!

I recently purchased a full McCune restored cabinet / HEP playfield MB in perfect collector quality condition for $12.5K .. not sure where to place this one though.. but if you list it at the price you think its worth, you and someone who really wants it will work it all out from there !

#3 2 years ago

Man I think you could get 10k easy...

#4 2 years ago

I wld guess between 10-11k fairly easy...... good luck

#5 2 years ago

There is one listed on Long Island for under 10k. I've played it and it's in excellent condition.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

There is one listed on Long Island for under 10k. I've played it and it's in excellent condition.

That one is pretty nice overall but seems it was just a playfield swap and it has a good bit of cab wear/color loss around flipper buttons and some other things need restored on it . Its definitely not as nice or loaded with as many upgrades as one in question. Imo .....

#7 2 years ago

Based on this little bit of feedback I'm thinking $11,500 to start? What is you all's initial reaction to that?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Based on this little bit of feedback I'm thinking $11,500 to start? What is you all's initial reaction to that?

Yeah, that's a fair starting point.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Maybe a little high but no to far off. It will just depend on how much wiggle room you have at that price. I see it selling more in the 10-10.5 range with the decal issues and the board hacks. 11.5 should pretty much get you a perfect high end MB. Game looks great, you did a very nice job on it.

#10 2 years ago

I don't think it will last long at 11.5.

#11 2 years ago

After looking at the vids and picks better I think I'm a little low. I think you can get 11K or maybe even more pretty easily. Good luck with you sale.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside