Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HoakyPoaky
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TheCheethcat (resized).jpg
    theChamp (resized).png
    20210701_121804 (resized).jpg
    20210701_121754 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2603 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2607 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2606 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2601 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2599 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2594 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2590 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2315 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2068 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2058 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2056 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2051 (resized).JPG
    #1 2 years ago

Hi,

Just wanted to get some informed thoughts on what folks think a fair value would be for my player's grade QS + some restorative items. I've installed an LED flicker kit as well as swapped it over the warm whites throughout. Also have a BeeHive PF protector on it, game is playing fast as F. As you can see in some of the close ups there are a few areas where the PF got pretty beat but overall I find it to be pretty decent since the majority of the art is still hanging in there.

New uninstalled stuff:

Mirco PF (looked at it, it's awesome with no notable imperfections and it's sat in it's box for the last 4 months)
    Ball Guide set (unopened)
    New set of plastics

Thanks!
    IMG_2051 (resized).JPGIMG_2051 (resized).JPGIMG_2052 (resized).JPGIMG_2052 (resized).JPGIMG_2056 (resized).JPGIMG_2056 (resized).JPGIMG_2058 (resized).JPGIMG_2058 (resized).JPGIMG_2068 (resized).JPGIMG_2068 (resized).JPGIMG_2315 (resized).JPGIMG_2315 (resized).JPGIMG_2590 (resized).JPGIMG_2590 (resized).JPGIMG_2594 (resized).JPGIMG_2594 (resized).JPGIMG_2599 (resized).JPGIMG_2599 (resized).JPGIMG_2601 (resized).JPGIMG_2601 (resized).JPGIMG_2603 (resized).JPGIMG_2603 (resized).JPGIMG_2606 (resized).JPGIMG_2606 (resized).JPGIMG_2607 (resized).JPGIMG_2607 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago

You should probably place a link to this forum in the club:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quicksilver-club-all-welcome

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from KHL:

Hi,
    Just wanted to get some informed thoughts on what folks think a fair value would be for my player's grade QS + some restorative items. I've installed an LED flicker kit as well as swapped it over the warm whites throughout. Also have a BeeHive PF protector on it, game is playing fast as F. As you can see in some of the close ups there are a few areas where the PF got pretty beat but overall I find it to be pretty decent since the majority of the art is still hanging in there.
    New uninstalled stuff:
    Mirco PF (looked at it, it's awesome with no notable imperfections and it's sat in it's box for the last 4 months)
    New set of plastics
    Thanks!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just paid 5300.00 for one that had no leds or adapters. Cab in worse shape than yours. Decent back glass and coin door with no dents.Then got a mirco pf and plastic set for another 1000.00 and change. You should be able to get at least 6500.00 for what you have there. Maybe 7000.00. They are selling for 8.5-9k fully restored. All that said...I would keep it. You may regret selling it and they are VERY difficult to find.

#4 2 years ago

If the cab is decent and backglass is in good shape, with the pf, I would venture you could get 10k.

It’s an original and the value of the home brews are only pushing the game up.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

All that said...I would keep it. You may regret selling at and they are VERY difficult to find.

The only game I have regretted selling.

#6 2 years ago

You should sell it to me for 6k

#7 2 years ago

Yeah, I also recommend not selling it! But considering fully restored ones go between 8-9k I think the $6500-$7000 range hits the mark.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Yeah, I also recommend not selling it! But considering fully restored ones go between 8-9k I think the $6500-$7000 range hits the mark.

I bet you can guess what's in one of these two boxes GB.

Clues:
    -Don't judge the books by their covers
    -Closeup pic is another SEI

20210701_121754 (resized).jpg20210701_121754 (resized).jpg20210701_121804 (resized).jpg20210701_121804 (resized).jpg
    #9 2 years ago
    theChamp (resized).pngtheChamp (resized).png
    #10 2 years ago

haha awesome. did you cheat? you know what's in the other one already I'm guessing.

#11 2 years ago

LOL no! But the purple exposed box one was a dead giveaway. What’s the other one? Please say Dragonfist

#12 2 years ago

LOL no! But the purple exposed box one was a dead giveaway. What’s the other one? Please say Dragonfist

TheCheethcat (resized).jpgTheCheethcat (resized).jpg
    #13 2 years ago

Dayum... nice two-fer! I do believe Cheetah my be my favorite of the classics.

#14 2 years ago

It wasn't easy to ascertain, that is for certain! Thanks for your thoughts.

Quoted from rcbrown316:

I just paid 5300.00 for one that had no leds or adapters. Cab in worse shape than yours. Decent back glass and coin door with no dents.Then got a mirco pf and plastic set for another 1000.00 and change. You should be able to get at least 6500.00 for what you have there. Maybe 7000.00. They are selling for 8.5-9k fully restored. All that said...I would keep it. You may regret selling it and they are VERY difficult to find.

#15 2 years ago

Just about anything seems possible in 2021! I've been wondering how the home-brew vs OG angle weighs in with folks looking for these obscure titles.

Quoted from Methos:

If the cab is decent and backglass is in good shape, with the pf, I would venture you could get 10k.
    It’s an original and the value of the home brews are only pushing the game up.

#16 2 years ago

This is what my heart tells me, lol! Congrats on those two, I've had both of these awesome games and the only thing Ali needs is 7 digit scoring. I've had four or five Cheetahs... last one was the blue cabinet version, I kick myself almost daily for selling that one.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

haha awesome. did you cheat? you know what's in the other one already I'm guessing.

there's not very many purple cabinet games! I made that Ali also!

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I made that Ali also!

What do you mean?

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

What do you mean?

He means he guessed the game from the hole in the box too.

#20 2 years ago

So, you figure 1 to 2000 for taking the risk and doing all the work? Plus shipping?
    Guessing you have never done it.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

So, you figure 1 to 2000 for taking the risk and doing all the work? Plus shipping?

I've seen your work. It's amazing and worth way more than 1000.00-2000.00. What I'm also seeing though is what these high end restorations and scratch builds are fetching here as compared to buying the game and the main components for restoration. My example above is real. Add to that 80 bucks worth of LEDS, a lamp driver board, flipper rebuild kit, a fistful of lamp sockets, etc and I'm in for about 6600.00 in components. I have about 30 hours in just to get it playing well and in the game room. When I do the PF, cabinet etc. there will be much more time and product involved but I still don't know if I could get 10k for it. If I could then you could easily get 12k or more for one of yours. I'm just not sure that market is out there or if it is it's not very big.

RB

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

He means he guessed the game from the hole in the box too.

haha oh yeah I forgot he's a fuggin' gansta from the bronx or wherever....

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I have not. I do have my first one in progress now that I moved somewhere with a bit of space. I’m sure it’s going to go terribly haha, but gotta start somewhere.

Anyways, my bad! I’ll just go ahead and STFU and fuck off now. Thanks.

#24 2 years ago

I have not. I do have my first one in progress now that I moved somewhere with a bit of space. I’m sure it’s going to go terribly haha, but gotta start somewhere.

"Commence fucking off alexa..."

#25 2 years ago

Completely off topic, but your avatar just reminded me how stoked I am for October 30th when I get to see Gorilla Biscuits at Fest in Gainesville this year. My band is playing Fest the following night on Halloween, and we cover High Hopes in our set.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Amen to this ^^^

Quoted from KHL:

Hi,
    New uninstalled stuff:
    New set of plastics
    Thanks!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm surprised you're thinking of letting it go! Well next time you're in town, make sure you stop by to play mine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-player-s-quicksilver-restoration-pkg- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.