image-425.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0967.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0960.JPG
IMG_0959.JPG

#1 10 years ago

What would you say is a good price range for a player's Paragon, and a pristine Paragon?

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Depends on how you define "player" condition. If you mean functional but not pretty...may include a blown out playfield, trashed backglass, but 100% working...$500-750.
Pristine..I've seen a few super nice ones break $2500.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks. That's around what I was thinking too. I guess by player's condition I was thinking, cabinet fade, some playfield wear and a backglass that's about a 7 or 8.

#4 10 years ago

Got another superwidebody lined up eh? I like Paragon, a lot, more fun than I imagined and a totally brutal, challenging pin. Another title I'd like to have at some point, for some time.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Depends on how you define "player" condition. If you mean functional but not pretty...may include a blown out playfield, trashed backglass, but 100% working...$500-750.
Pristine..I've seen a few super nice ones break $2500.

Sounds right to me too.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Got another superwidebody lined up eh? I like Paragon, a lot, more fun than I imagined and a totally brutal, challenging pin. Another title I'd like to have at some point, for some time.

That's right, I had totally forgotten about it being a widebody. I'm going to have to figure out a better way of moving these things around. My Genie is sitting in our front room because it doesn't fit through any of our inside doorways! Maybe our front room will have to be the new game room.

#7 10 years ago

When I had a Space Invaders I had to take the legs off and move it sideways through a few rooms, worth it though.

#8 10 years ago

Dunno if our doors in Canada are larger than in the US but my Paragon and my Embryon fit thru with out the heads.

#9 10 years ago

I looked at one a few weeks ago that was probably in a little better condition than your description. He was asking $700 for it and that was likely a bit negotiable. I didn't pursue it as it's not a machine that really does anything for me. Not sure if it sold or not, haven't seen it back on CL.

I had forgotten how big that one is.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Tulsa_Times:

I looked at one a few weeks ago that was probably in a little better condition than your description. He was asking $700 for it and that was likely a bit negotiable. I didn't pursue it as it's not a machine that really does anything for me. Not sure if it sold or not, haven't seen it back on CL.
I had forgotten how big that one is.

It sold. My buddy Russ bought it.

As for it fitting through a doorway, since you have to take the head off to transport it anyways, just dolly it in on its side. It will fit through any doorway that way.

#11 10 years ago

Here are some photos of a Paragon I'm looking at. I'm hoping to get a little help on what a fair price range is. I like the seller and am really wanting a Paragon. He has indicated that there is cupping on the inserts. IMG_0959.JPGIMG_0959.JPGIMG_0960.JPGIMG_0960.JPGIMG_0964.JPGIMG_0964.JPGIMG_0967.JPGIMG_0967.JPGIMG_0961.JPGIMG_0961.JPG

#12 10 years ago

That a very nice Paragon. I paid $1300 for one with a little more pf wear w/ some cupping as well, similar condition bg, non-faded cabinet. Having said that I thought I got a good deal and I'd love to pay $1500 for the one in question and go maybe as $1800 if necessary. Grab that thing if you can man, she looks great!

#13 10 years ago

Strange rollover issue at the top after taking a second look, you may want to check them out.

How does it play?

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Schwarz. I'm on my way to check it out now.

#15 10 years ago

Dang, that one is pretty nice. I don't know if you can find too many that don't have cupped inserts. If it all works, $1000-1500 wouldn't be out of line.

#16 10 years ago

I'm restoring 2 paragons. One for me and one to sell. Playfields near perfect after professional touchup and clearcoat. All new boards and rebuilt rectifier. Went all out. Now in process of rebuilding all mechanics. Will be well north of $3,000. All that to say, grab that one!image-901.jpgimage-901.jpgimage-901.jpgimage-901.jpgimage-901.jpgimage-901.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg image-425.jpgimage-425.jpg
#17 10 years ago

Agreed that is a pretty sweet one. No discernable of wear. Check around the pops and below the kick outs. But other than that, have it cleared and you are all the way with that paragon.

#18 10 years ago

I'm finally on my way to pick this one up. Hopefully I'll have it home this afternoon!

#19 10 years ago

You know Pip, you could fit three if you stopped getting only widebodies...lol

#20 10 years ago

Nice looking Paragon. You will enjoy it.

#21 10 years ago

Just got it loaded in. I'm really pleased. The playfield looks about as nice as I could have hoped for. I think I'm going to order the CPR backglass. Anyone have any comments about it?

I wonder if these two widebodies were ever parked next to each other when they were out on location.

photo-9.JPGphoto-9.JPG
#22 10 years ago

Wow, two beauties right there. Wayta go man.

#23 10 years ago

Congrats, looks great.

#24 10 years ago

very nice!

#25 10 years ago

Thanks guys. It's a keeper. For a guy who grew up on the DMD titles of the 90s I'm again surprised at how much I really dig these older beauties.

#26 10 years ago

Dream team right there. Looks awesome.

Quoted from Piparoo:

For a guy who grew up on the DMD titles of the 90s I'm again surprised at how much I really dig these older beauties.

I'm not. Same situation here. This era had a style and class all to itself. An absolute high water mark for pinball artistry.

#27 10 years ago

I loved seeing Genie next to Paragon. I own both, but have never had them side by side. If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for that Paragon? I probably overpaid for mine. Spent $1,000 on a non-working example with a 9+ backglass and 7+ playfield. But I'd been looking for a long time and didn't want to pass it up.

Your backglass looks good, why do you want a CRP repro? Of course, I ask this - yet my backglass was also in good shape, and I still purchased another from CPR. ...for me, it's like having insurance - I have it if I ever need it.

CONGRATS on getting a GREAT machine! Paragon will never leave my house.

#28 10 years ago

I ended up trading my TFTC for the Paragon + $500. Not sure who got the better end of the deal but I have no regrets. It's a gorgeous game.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I'm restoring 2 paragons. One for me and one to sell. Playfields near perfect after professional touchup and clearcoat. All new boards and rebuilt rectifier. Went all out. Now in process of rebuilding all mechanics. Will be well north of $3,000. All that to say, grab that one!

Did you do the playfield touch ups and clear coating yourself? I'm trying to find a pro who can clear my Paragon playfield.

#30 10 years ago

Kruzman for the clear.

#31 10 years ago

Thanks! I just emailed him. I'm guessing he's always super busy.

#32 10 years ago

He got my whirlwind done pretty fast. Just a clear job though.

#33 10 years ago

I would go HSA for the touch ups and clear. Ron's pretty booked unless its just a clear job.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-paragon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.