Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-5.jpeg
drevil.jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Current market value is still about $14K ~ $16K.

HEP machines, add about $4K ~ $5K to those numbers.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Sold mine a 2 weeks ago for 18K; minty fresh of course, but yep, people want them - bad.

That's crazy. Even the fresh Chris H. MM barely sold for that much. And that was only a couple of months ago.

Start at 15k and keep dropping the price $500 every 2 weeks until it's gone.

#53 11 years ago

13k / 16k

#54 11 years ago

I've been saving for a MM.

th-5.jpegth-5.jpeg

#55 11 years ago

I would hang on to it till next year and ask 1.2 million for it?

#56 11 years ago

I just sold one that I restored for $20k

3 years later
#57 7 years ago

"Is it just me or do these sure seem to change hands a lot even at crazy high prices?"

Absolutely, because new owners and collectors make consistent foolhardy decisions, and sellers "feed the hog pen".
Many sellers "flip the game" when they run out of money, max out their credit cards, cannot pay their rent, or want a new motorcycle or car.
Some just fell on "hard times" for sad reasons.

Others simply attempt to use this game as a mechanism to inflate the secondary market, which is still done to this day, regularly.
Sometimes, successfully.

Brokers clammered for overseas MMs, beating on each other to re import as many as possible, before some other broker got them, even if they were trashed. Largest container of MMs I saw was around 25 or so in one shipment from Europe.

This has been going on for games such as this title for over 15 years, starting around 2 years after Williams folded up their "pinball apple cart".

The game has always been difficult to find in nice condition, as distributors on the ORIGINAL game, would not let this game go for a closeout price and held onto them after Williams production ceased (for those that had actual had their orders fulfilled), and they moved on to their final DMD titles. Operators did not let them go, because they make MONEY on the game, just like TAF.
This remains unchanged today, even with MMrs.

If you wanted it, you paid full MRSP +/- a few bucks, but usually could discount on the shipping.
There was no overstock on this title.

This got really bad at CC "finale" as distributors refused to sell at all, in some cases, for rainy day hoarding.
Other games such as NGG and CV, did have close outs overstock among other earlier games starting as soon as 1995.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Is it just me or do these sure seem to change hands a lot even at crazy high prices?"
Absolutely, because new owners and collectors make consistent foolhardy decisions, and sellers "feed the hog pen".
Many sellers "flip the game" when they run out of money, max out their credit cards, cannot pay their rent, or want a new motorcycle or car.
Some just fell on "hard times" for sad reasons.
Others simply attempt to use this game as a mechanism to inflate the secondary market, which is still done to this day, regularly.
Sometimes, successfully.
Brokers clammered for overseas MMs, beating on each other to re import as many as possible, before some other broker got them, even if they were trashed. Largest container of MMs I saw was around 25 or so in one shipment from Europe.
This has been going on for games such as this title for over 15 years, starting around 2 years after Williams folded up their "pinball apple cart".
The game has always been difficult to find in nice condition, as distributors on the ORIGINAL game, would not let this game go for a closeout price and held onto them after Williams production ceased (for those that had actual had their orders fulfilled), and they moved on to their final DMD titles. Operators did not let them go, because they make MONEY on the game, just like TAF.
This remains unchanged today, even with MMrs.
If you wanted it, you paid full MRSP +/- a few bucks, but usually could discount on the shipping.
There was no overstock on this title.
This got really bad at CC "finale" as distributors refused to sell at all, in some cases, for rainy day hoarding.
Other games such as NGG and CV, did have close outs overstock among other earlier games starting as soon as 1995.

The better question is why are you trying to bring a 3 year old price check thread back to life?

#59 7 years ago

I love my remake mm

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

The better question is why are you trying to bring a 3 year old price check thread back to life?

It was referred in another thread for "sale price justification" for artificially price bumping values of MMrs to mislead less knowledgeable people, which is complete horse!@#$.

The remake was also referred in the same sentence as "nearly identical" to the original for the same above purpose.
It is not identical, does not have the Williams brand name, does not use the same parts, and QA/QC is lower. Gameplay is nearly identical and that is where the comparison should stop.

The realities of asking prices, negotiated prices, market prices, and actual sale prices are not synonymous, not original versus remade machines.
This is also propagated by less ethical dealers, brokers, and sellers.

When asked for an estimated value of any machine, I give the direct fair market price based on title, condition, region and market demand, not some type of made up value based on nostalgia or wishful dreams.
It does not exclusively come from a price guide, CL, auction houses, or Ebay.

This is helpful to new collectors, so they do not get a first sour taste, and let them stay in the hobby.
Everybody should be able to afford some type of machine if that want one, this is not some type of elitist club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-mm/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.