• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

101_0862.JPG
101_0861.JPG
101_0857.JPG
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

I wonder if you could sand down the face of the drop targets a little to make up for the thickness of the stickers?

I've heard the same thing about the CC Bad Guy drops sticking with the Bad Guy stickers on them.

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Well,
I cleaned the snot out of the drop target assembly, and the pull down speed got better. Still not as quick/sharp as I thought it should be though.
Talked to a few folks about it, and one recommendation turned out to be the issue-killer. All five of the drop targets had the after-market J-U-D-G-E stickers on them. The surface finish of the stickers cause just enough friction on the plastic hold-up ledge to cause the slow movement.
I removed the stickers, and bingo! Quick moving drop targets. Installed them in the Judge last night, and now I have a fully functional game. It's way fun now that it works 100%!
Later,
EV

That's weird. I have the drop decals on mine with no issues. I've also played others with the stickers with no problem. I agree that maybe you could sand the drops down a hair to make it work with them. The decals are a must-have in my opinion...games without them now look like they are missing something. Hopefully you can get them to work for you.

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Surprised nobody mentioned that the game has no pop bumpers.This might be a turn off to some as well.

I didn't notice that until I had it set up at my place. Doesn't bother me necessarily, but I think it makes it a more "active" game. No sitting and weighting for a ball to get done with pop bumpers.

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I removed the stickers, and bingo! Quick moving drop targets. Installed them in the Judge last night, and now I have a fully functional game. It's way fun now that it works 100%!

Awesome! I'm glad you figured it out. I never would have imagined that the stickers were thick enough to cause the problem. Easy fix, though, and cheap.

#55 12 years ago

About $1,300 is the average..

#56 12 years ago

Congrats Echo. I just picked up a JD on Saturday. When I saw your drop targets I was starting to wonder where my stickers were. Glad mine is lacking if it was really causing them to drop slowly.

#57 12 years ago

JD is a great game!!A very underrated Pin.Widebody,DCS sound,and Great game play for a great price you just can't afford to pass up.

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

my wife find these things hilarious and not damaging to our daughters mental health kept in context, but some families will think differently

My son and nephews love JD,Its the only game they love to play.They bragged so much about this game to their friends at school I started receiving phone calls from parents asking where they can get one for their kids.Of coarse,not knowing these are full size arcade machines they thought it was something they can get at Toys R US.Haha!

#59 12 years ago

Ugh. I soooo want to love this game, but I've got a another new issue that's popped up. LH flipper has gone weak, so I can't make the RH ramp shot anymore.

I adjusted the EOS switch, and that seemed to help. Came back a few hours later, and it was weak again. Changed out the coil sleeve, and that seemed to help, but then came back again later, and the flipper was again weak.

I looked underneath, and I did notice that my weak flipper's coil was much warmer than the flipper coil on the opposite side. Is my coil going bad? I'm thinking about replacing it....

Thoughts?

Later,
EV

#60 12 years ago

Today Im replacing everything but the coil on my RH flipper. Id bet its your coil, and if it isn't...its not a bad thing to have an extra coil lying around just in case.

#61 12 years ago

I've had a few games where the optos on the flipper button assembly started going bad, which would make a flipper weaker (I'm assuming that JD has optos on the flipper boards) I know my TZ and IJ does. It may be a good idea to swap flipper boards and see if the weak flipper swaps sides just to rule out a problem with the flipper board.

Jeff R.

#62 12 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Is my coil going bad? I'm thinking about replacing it.

Coils usually dont go bad,Make sure the EOS switch is adjusted properly.Check/replace coil sleeve,check the coil stop and see if it is mushroomed and check the flipper plunger tip and
see if it is pitted/cracked.Clean the flipper optos on the flipper board inside the cabinet,use
a q-tip damped with windex to clean the optos.These are the problems that can cause weak
flippers its not always the coils.

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It may be a good idea to swap flipper boards and see if the weak flipper swaps sides just to rule out a problem with the flipper board.

The flipper boards on JD can not be swapped,They are different,The connectors are keyed differently.

#64 12 years ago

Bummer...

#65 12 years ago

Already adjusted the EOS switch and replaced the coil sleeve, and that only solved the issue for a few games. Plunger tip looks fine. I'll go after cleaning the flipper optos tonight....

Later,
EV

#66 12 years ago

Did you check the coil stop?

#67 12 years ago

Is that the metal bracket with the circular "pellet" that goes inside the back end of the coil? It pulled out of the back of the coil and fit back in easily, so I don't think it's mushroomed. Anything else I should look for on that?

Thanks,
EV

#68 12 years ago

OK. So, I cleaned the EOS switch contacts with some alcohol. I also popped off the coil stop, and it looks fine. Cleaned the black dust off it as well. Put her back together, and she played fine at first. But, after about 3 games, the flipper got weak again.

Cleaned the optos on the LH flipper button, and no change. Once again, the weak flipper's coil is warmer than the others.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
EV

#69 12 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

OK. So, I cleaned the EOS switch contacts with some alcohol. I also popped off the coil stop, and it looks fine. Cleaned the black dust off it as well. Put her back together, and she played fine at first. But, after about 3 games, the flipper got weak again.

Cleaned the optos on the LH flipper button, and no change. Once again, the weak flipper's coil is warmer than the others.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
EV

Ok,It could be a faulty opto on the flipper board...Did you test the coil with a meter?

1 week later
#70 12 years ago

It's alive!!!!!

First, I swapped the LH and RH flipper coils, and the problem stayed on the left side. Rules out the coil. So, I went with the consensus on here and ordered a new flipper board.

Installed it tonight, and yeee-hah! Dredd is up and running! I played at least 10 games, and no fade whatsoever from the left flipper. Ohhh, boy is this game fun!

One quick question though.... After my 10 games, that LH flipper coil is still considerably warmer to the touch than the RH one. Anything I should be worried about?

Later,
EV

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-judge-dredd/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.