Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey everyone. May have a pretty good line on a Judge Dredd that appears to be in really good shape. I'm wondering where people feel pricing on these units should be (on the low and high side) and keep in mind I'm up in Western Canada. In addition, anything I should be aware about with this game? Are there certain parts that seem to break down and are they readily available? What type of clear coat (if any) do Bally play fields from this era have? Any must have mods other than Deadworld? If this deal works out, it will be my first Bally from this era (most of my past titles have been newer sterns).

#2 9 years ago

$1400

#4 9 years ago

High end close to 3G, Low end $1600 (needing work). $2100-2200 average.

The playfields are usually pretty nice for that game.

Topper (if included) adjusts price and is typically broken.

Watch the right ramp down by the right sling, where it connects is also typically broken.

Other than that I don't think it has "issues" it's a very solid game.

#5 9 years ago

Make sure you inspect the police light plastics at ramp entrances for any damage as they are very hard to come by......

#6 9 years ago

Ill take one today at that price. If it has problems I could see in the 1400-1600 range. I am not saying they cannot go that low I just wish I would find one around here lol.

If it is a working player I would guess 1800-2200. There is a beautiful one for sale on this site right now for 2000 and has been up for a week.

Over $2200 it would have to be pretty nice. I don't mess with collectors quality games as I just cannot afford it so I do not know the market on them at all. Of course I also am not entirely familiar with the Canadian dollar or how mush the limited supply effects the market either.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Make sure you inspect the police light plastics at ramp entrances for any damage as they are very hard to come by......

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=Dredd+pursuit

#8 9 years ago

JD used to be a $1000 game at best. Prices were insane 2 years ago and dropping. I wouldn't want to be tied up in one for anywhere near 2k. I think if you need to sell it, your going to be sitting on it for awhile to move it. If it's super cherry, sure, 2 to 3k. your typical, faded, working fairly clean players machine? I wouldn't stray over 1600.

#10 9 years ago

Lol, nobody gets it.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from z28dan:

Lol, nobody gets it.

Oh I get it. I would have been disappointed if the top post was anything buy $1400.

That being said, to answer OPs question, I think the answer is quite a bit more than $1400. Probably more than $2000.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from z28dan:

Lol, nobody gets it.

I got it but wasn't sure how much 1400.00 in Canadian dollars was.

#13 9 years ago

I ordered a spare one of these Pursuit plastics even though the one on my game is fine. If you are going to be placing an order with Pinball Spare Parts Australia for JD you might as well grab some of these cam discs used for the crane and deadworld as they have been out of stock for a while on Pinbits and Marco.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/bally-parts/judge-dredd/03-8998.html

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/bally-parts/judge-dredd/03-8869.html

I ordered two of each and need to replace the one on my crane because when I went to adjust the set screw during my Deadworld install the copper thread broke apart from the black plastic disc. It looks like previous owner used some sort of crazy glue to put it back in. I'm surprised nobody has made a repro of this in aluminum like the TOM trunk one.

Another good item to have a spare of just in case is this WPC95 AV ASIC chip which costs 3x as much from Marco. I know back in the day if this chip died your WPC95 game like MM, MB, TOTAN for example was pretty much a boat anchor. This is why games like NBAFB and maybe Congo were parted just for their AV boards.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/5410-14705-00.html

http://marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=BF7F623016CD476AA975277FF6C04E66.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=wpc95+asic

This chip doesn't apply to Judge Dredd as it is not a WPC95 title. Just something to consider and nice to have on hand since you are ordering from PSPA anyways.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I got it but wasn't sure how much 1400.00 in Canadian dollars was.

Judge Dredds have been commanding anywhere from $2200-2600cdn up here in the local market. On the higher end they usually come with toppers and in pretty good overall condition. I'm lucky I got another JD back last year for pretty much what I paid for my first one back in 2011 which didn't come with a topper.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

JD used to be a $1000 game at best. Prices were insane 2 years ago and dropping. I wouldn't want to be tied up in one for anywhere near 2k. I think if you need to sell it, your going to be sitting on it for awhile to move it. If it's super cherry, sure, 2 to 3k. your typical, faded, working fairly clean players machine? I wouldn't stray over 1600.

I'm gonna agree with Neo on this one.

Are you happy, Han Solo?

#16 9 years ago

I think a big factor is location. The prices down here seem to be well over what many claim to be "going prices". I got mine, clean except for a busted deadworld and a broken ramp, for $1800. The rest I have seen go for between $2500 - $3500 depending on condition.

#17 9 years ago

one sat on CL all summer here for $1500, looked ok, if i remember it had a lamp issue?

#18 9 years ago

Blown out and parted out, maybe...

#19 9 years ago

I just picked one up for $2k. No topper, no mods, great condition.

#20 9 years ago

I would not let mine go for less than $2,200. Paid $2k 2 years ago. Area is Michigan-USA

When purchased-----No topper. Great PF. Average box and B.G. Awful flipper boards.

Added-----new flipper boards (L & R), crane mod, dead world mod, drop down decals at deadworld, LED's through out. Rubber. Ball trough boards (receive and emit). Balls of course.

#21 9 years ago

I have a Judge Dredd I am considering selling, has the topper, no fade to cabinet side art, plays well and no playfield wear. Just wondering what I could get for it here in western Canada in canadain dollars.

#22 9 years ago

Can we all promise to cite this reference when using it? Not everyone gets it, and it just leads to confusion.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Can we all promise to cite this reference when using it? Not everyone gets it, and it just leads to confusion.

That's the fun of it

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

"It's a $1400 game, folks!"

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If it's super cherry, sure, 2 to 3k. your typical, faded, working fairly clean players machine? I wouldn't stray over 1600

Isn't that basically what I said? But you gave me a thumbs down?

#26 9 years ago

I sold 2 both very nice. The first 2550 and the second 2700, second had crane upgrade and no fade first was light fade and had deadworld mod.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Oh I get it. I would have been disappointed if the top post was anything buy $1400.

The only reason I opened this thread was to see how close to the top someone said $1400. Thank you z28dan for making sure it was the second post of the thread!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

That's the fun of it

Gotta pay the dues to get that joke for sure.

#29 9 years ago

Funny, I was justing searching rgp for my old posts. I couldn't find it, only goes back to 06?
Any how, I posted a judge dredd for sale. Missing boards, display,translite glass, crane assy,flipper opto boards, coin door and lockdown. Cabinet was nice, playfield beautiful, no topper.
I posted it for $500 obo. I was basically laughed off the forum.
To put things in perspective, a nice,clean working,shopped dredd with topper was bringing $900-$1,000 tops. You could buy them all day at auction for$700.
I remember at the ohio show years ago, a nice dredd and a nice demo man sitting side by side.
By the end of the show, the dredd was marked down to 900, demo was 850- no takers.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm gonna agree with Neo on this one.
Are you happy, Han Solo?

Holy shit. I had to print this up and hang it up by my desk.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Isn't that basically what I said? But you gave me a thumbs down?

because you said $2200 on average. Players machines are the average. $1600 is the average, where 2200 would be nicer pristine examples. That's why I disagreed.

#32 9 years ago

I recently sold an unfaded fully working one with the topper and deadworld mod for $1900.

#33 9 years ago

My buddy just sold one for 2400. Slight fade

#34 9 years ago

Thanks for the input so far everyone. I got some good input on where you all feel prices fall. Good deals on pins are hard to come by in western Canada, got to act on things when you can. For reference (and I apologize if this ad is from a fellow pinsider), this is the marketplace we seem to be in right now:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/edmonton/pinball-machine-teed-off-golf-arcade-game-gottlieb/1052711907?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yuck.

Some of you US guys need to bring some across the border for us Canucks. We would feverishly pick up your for sale pins. Just saying.........

#35 9 years ago

Any particular machine is worth whatever the buyer is willing to pay.

#36 9 years ago

For those who don't know... the $1,400 value posts are a JOKE!

It has been discussed on pinside for 1-2 years that JD is a $1400 game. I sold a nice one over a year ago for $2,000+.

JD in decent condition, with topper, is $2,000+ on the West Coast, all day long.

#37 9 years ago

go ahead and keep paying 2k for them. Lets see how long it takes to move it for 2k a year from now. Once a $1000, when prices start heading back to normal, it will be $1000 game again. The ones that thought games would only keep going up are already losing their asses on stuff they overpaid for. Being invested in JD, JM, DM, BR, and what not for 2k or more, will be taking a huge hit if they have to sell. Not all buy to eventually sell, but sometimes your forced to sell and want to minimize your losses.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

go ahead and keep paying 2k for them. Lets see how long it takes to move it for 2k a year from now. Once a $1000, when prices start heading back to normal, it will be $1000 game again. The ones that thought games would only keep going up are already losing their asses on stuff they overpaid for. Being invested in JD, JM, DM, BR, and what not for 2k or more, will be taking a huge hit if they have to sell. Not all buy to eventually sell, but sometimes your forced to sell and want to minimize your losses.

Yep just like tz and taf and nearly every w/ b dmd pin that apparently spiked years ago but yet they are still going up .There really isnt any w/b dmd that sells for under 2k in decent shopped out condition. Also I don't see them falling under that because they are good pins for the money and there isnt many dmd titles In the 1750 to 2500 range for people that dont have 3 to 8k to spend on a more modern stern pin and b/w are better that many of those anyhow in the price range . Heck look at shadow and bsd they sell fast 2500 to 3 k last few years and im sure people thought it was just a spike lol. Also just the boards and dmd are probably worth thousand and rest parts worth much more(well over 2k) I think things will stay where they are at bc all new pins are getting ridiculous so it pushes people to maybe try some classics that they never have before .

#39 9 years ago

still going up? I don't know what you're seeing. Because 2 years ago with the spike. TZ and TAFs were going for 6k+ Now they are in the 4's. So you havn't been watching very closely.

#40 9 years ago

Yet a restored pacman goes for more than 2k. hmmmm

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

For those who don't know... the $1,400 value posts are a JOKE!
It has been discussed on pinside for 1-2 years that JD is a $1400 game. I sold a nice one over a year ago for $2,000+.
JD in decent condition, with topper, is $2,000+ on the West Coast, all day long.

If He(they) cant figure out the $1400 reference, they are too (dumb/lazy) to look for themselves.
The first thing one should do when pricing a pin for sale is to SEARCH previous posts.
Hand holding not required.

#42 9 years ago

when a nicely working machine is "valued" at less what you could get by selling 1/3 of it's components, then probably that priced value is not accurate.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

still going up? I don't know what you're seeing. Because 2 years ago with the spike. TZ and TAFs were going for 6k+ Now they are in the 4's. So you havn't been watching very closely.

Nope only been in hobby year and seems since I been in most pins have went up believe me I searched high and low for many w/b pins especially the bang for buck ones

#44 9 years ago

Well 2 years ago, there was an insane spike. LIke games went up 200 and 300% within 6 months spike. Everything was stupid through the roof. People were overpaying left and right and didn't bother to search around or do any research. Many of them started to learn quickly they way overpaid. Things have been dropping steadily ever since, but it's deflating at a much slower rate than the increase was. Not as many are willing to take a hit and now realizing it's only going to get worse, so they finally say screw it and dump it anyway. Before that. TAF's and TZ's were $2500-3200 all day.

#45 9 years ago

If JD is ever a $1000 game again, I'll put one in each room of my house. Ha! But seriously, I would LOAD UP at that price point on machines that are currently fetching double.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

True that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-judge-dredd-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.