Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2015-11-17_19.18.19.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DB62.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 3 years ago

I have a COMPLETELY restored "MELODY" that was restored from the bottom up. It honestly looks like it was just pulled out of the box from 1967. It is a very high end restoration.

I was offered 3K for it and turned it down ... it is a very collectible, fun and highly addicting pin. I laugh when people that don't really know about or appreciate EM classic games think they are $300 - $500 pins. Those prices are for beat up PROJECT pins ... NOT for EM pin titles, that are beautiful original examples OR high end restored examples. That makes a huge difference in price value and those price guides and books do NOT apply to the pinball machine examples I listed above!

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

we have 1 blurry pic to go by here

I wasn't saying that particular MELODY is worth the prices I was talking about ... it is for the people that always think a EM is NEVER worth over $500 and can usually be found and purchased for around $200 ... the pinball title and condition is EVERYTHING!

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

There's only a few EM titles that sell for top dollar... You should be able to buy a Gottlieb Melody from a private party between $200 and $500 if it's in decent shape. The "I saw one of these on Pawn Stars for $2500" pricing method always results in another unsold pinball...

There are WAY more than just a few EM machine's that sell for well over $2,500

Look at :
1954 Genco two player basketball
1955 United deluxe super slugger (pitch & bat)
Many EM manakin games

These are just a few examples of what I am talking about and these are all EM machines ... and this list will also include the EM pinballs ... but they have to be the highly collectible and sought after titles and again ... condition is EVERYTHING, but high prices DO exist on these types of EMs

#38 3 years ago

I agree with that, but I was just trying to make a point about people that always think EMs are cheap and not valuable or worth anything. Go read through the posts and threads on pinside and many people say this about them all the time or bash them for not being fun and are so slow, yet they really have no experience in playing one that is well maintained and working properly. EMs are not for everyone.

Ahhhhhhh forget it!

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"I played one and it was slow. They are all the same but I can't remember the name."

LOL ... that sounds about right!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moscow, ID
$ 279.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 269.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DB62.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside