Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Guru-420
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a friend that recently got a DE Secret Service from someone for free. The machine is a project, to say the least. From what we DO know, the cab is in OK shape (7/10), the Backglass is in nice shape (9/10) and the playfield looks pretty good with only 1 wear spot about the size of a quarter on the upper left side of the playfield. Several of the plastics are cracked, and one is flat out BROKE. On top of all this, the MPU board is shot and will need a complete replacement. Also guessing a solenoid or two might be broken, or some other issue with them (the guy trying to repair the busted solenoid is what took out the MPU board)

My friend is currently financially challenged, so it is difficult for him to just give the pin away to someone else. I was considering getting it from him as a project, though it might be a bit much for me right now. So here's my questions:

1. Is this machine really worth picking up, or will it wind up becoming a money pit?
2. How often do parts pop up for this pin? Is it common to find parts for? (eBay didn't have much)
3. How much should I offer to my friend for it if I do decide to go after this? Think of it like you are going to offer money to a craigslister, not a friend who got it for free.

Any advice would be appreciated. I can post detailed pics a little later once I get home from work, the machine is being stored in my garage...lol

#2 11 years ago

Sold mine for $800 a month ago. Wear spot same place. Cabinet drilled. Broken coin door. Played good. I liked it enough to buy better pins. When other pins showed up. It never was played again.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Guru-420:

I have a friend that recently got a DE Secret Service from someone for free.

Maybe D. Gott***** needs another project Secret Service? LOL!
1)I would pass on it, but Im not much of a restorer(yet), especially non DMD games
2)Marcos specialties has a few Secret Service parts in stock, probably other online part shops too
3)$150-200

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Maybe D. Gott***** needs another project Secret Service? LOL!

HA! OK, that made me laugh.... Maybe I will pass on this one. I need to stop with the impulse buying and really try to figure out what I really want. I don't mind a project, provided I can finish it in a reasonable amount of time. If I need to wait on the plastics, and the game doesn't play that great anyway, I may just wind up getting frustrated with it and take a bigger loss. Maybe Dave can combine the 2 machines and make 1 nice one...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-de-secret-service and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.