price check on DE phantom of the opera

By pinloverPDX

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Just picked up a phantom of the opera and it's so nice I am having trouble wanting to play it. It's the nicest of my 7 pins by quite a bit. If I was to sell it what is it worth? Ebay has one for 4500.00 which seems crazy to me. Boston pinball says 2k is avg. This thing looks damn near new. It has been HUO and spent most of it's life under sheets so it wouldn't get dusty. I feel fortunate to have found it. Only problem is some of the gold paint in the out lanes is worn and the ball drop areas show small amounts of wear.

#2 8 years ago

I just bought one for just under 2k US with shipping. That one on eBay is way over priced and been reposted like 5 times he started out over 5k. I love the pin it's one of my favs but realistically 2k seems about right. I am surprised it's not worth more.

#3 8 years ago

I wouldn't part with mine for less than $1750 - $2000 range. My wife loves it. The outlane wear is a common issue. Congrats on the pickup!

#4 8 years ago

I figure with only 2750 produced the value will take off like congo or one of the other low production previously over looked games. The sound and music are very good. Especially if you are a fan of the movie and / or play. I have a local collector friend who told me he wants it and I didn't even have it home yet.

#5 8 years ago

15-1800. Have played it a bunch. It's ok.

#6 8 years ago

Anyone else want to throw their .02 in?

#7 8 years ago

I have been looking for one. When you figure out what you want out of it. PM me. I would like to see pictures.
Thanks
Magicchiz

#8 8 years ago

The art and sounds are fantastic but gameplay is really weak. It's probably low production because it didn't (and still doesn't) have wide appeal. If it was truly HUO and a pristine example I could see it going for $2500~, but with the typical playfield wear it would probably top out at $1800.

#9 8 years ago

I figure with only 2750 produced the value will take off like congo or one of the other low production previously over looked games. The sound and music are very good. Especially if you are a fan of the movie and / or play. I have a local collector friend who told me he wants it and I didn't even have it home yet.

Lol sorry you cant even compare It to a wpc95 pin such as congo bc its a data east and not even a dmd pin.congo is still way below most of the wpc95 pins and is much rarer but at least its finally getting some love it deserves lol. But I wld put poto in same category as whirlwind and funhouse but even then not even close to as good as those. I would say since your is nice expect around 2k only bc there aren't that many around.

#10 8 years ago

Gameplay is bad. Not generally a sought after game. 2k is a max price on this game.

#11 8 years ago

Pm sent to magicchiz.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-de-phantom-of-the-opera and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.