New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 117433)

Price check on BSD

By Jaybird815

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by thedefog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hemi.jpg
image-391.jpg
image-267.jpg
image-673.jpg
image-314.jpg
image.jpg
image-63.jpg
image-928.jpg
image-802.jpg
image-131.jpg
image-563.jpg
image-572.jpg
image-449.jpg
image.jpg
20150205_170643.jpg
20150131_182709.jpg

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Looking to buy a BSD just wondering what people think the value is. Price just seems to keep rising and I want one before it's too late

#2 5 years ago

I think that was 2 years ago. I'm right there with you
faz

#3 5 years ago

I'd say around $2500 for a nice one. I got one about a year and a half ago for $1900 that was in fantastic shape, no fade and the playfield was pretty much perfect. My dumb ass sold it and I now regret it.

#4 5 years ago

Yep another once underrated pin that sells for around 3k that use to be under 2k . For a nice unfaded one with sp play field with leds and cliffys and nice plastics expect to pay 2500 to 3k if some fade and decent playfield expect 2000 to 2500 .great pin and well worth the money

#5 5 years ago

What looks to be a nice one hit the Detroit CL today for $2100. It's in Linden, MI. It's not mine.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep another once underrated pin that sells for around 3k that use to be under 2k . For a nice unfaded one with sp play field with leds and cliffys and nice plastics expect to pay 2500 to 3k if some fade and decent playfield expect 2000 to 2500 .great pin and well worth the money

Used to be under 900 now days 2-3k

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

What looks to be a nice one hit the Detroit CL today for $2100. It's in Linden, MI. It's not mine.

Dont look bad from the few crappy pics but never know good deal tho

#8 5 years ago

Sold mine for $1K. Playfield was very nice but the cab was trashed. Fun game,but too easy & gets old quick.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Sold mine for $1K. Playfield was very nice but the cab was trashed. Fun game,but too easy & gets old quick.

Damn!! I miss all the deals!!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

i contacted him and apparently he tried to clear coat the playfield himself and didn't do a very good job there's some "crackling", I'm not sure if this can be repaired, anyone ever deal with something like this?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

i contacted him and apparently he tried to clear coat the playfield himself and didn't do a very good job there's some "crackling", I'm not sure if this can be repaired, anyone ever deal with something like this?

O my that could be a issue that explains the price lol .it may be able to be fixed but alot of work on your end and probably cost a good bit to redue if u cant as usually its more to repair a messup than it would of been left alone ask people thag get their cars painted at macco and the paint starts falling off then gotta pay double ro get done right

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I looked at this BSD. It was VERY rough. The clear coating on the playfield was done without removing anything from it. Just sprayed it on the top of everything. And used a Sharpie marker to touch up the wear spots.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I looked at this BSD. It was VERY rough. The clear coating on the playfield was done without removing anything from it. Just sprayed it on the top of everything. And used a Sharpie marker to touch up the wear spots.

O my may be a cool project for around 1250 or so ?how was the cab and everything else ? If all else is nice and you can get it for maybe 1500 to 1750 just play crap out of it and fund a playfield or wait for a repro and then u will have a awesome game for around 2500 and some work?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O my may be a cool project for around 1250 or so ?how was the cab and everything else ? If all else is nice and you can get it for maybe 1500 to 1750 just play crap out of it and fund a playfield or wait for a repro and then u will have a awesome game for around 2500 and some work?

This is NOT my machine and I don't want to bad mouth anyone, and start drama. All I will say is, I'd look at this one in person before I would purchase it, so you know what you are getting.

#15 5 years ago

This is NOT my machine and I don't want to bad mouth anyone, and start drama. All I will say is, I'd look at this one in person before I would purchase it.

O yea definitely im sure people know that

#16 5 years ago

But I did finally find a very nice one, unfaded cabinet and almost perfect playfield (2 inserts are ghosting a little) that I am working on making some mods for this title...Also I'm going to do the armor in powder coated black on this machine. It's going to be a VERY nice example of a BSD when I'm finished with it.

To the OP....Good Hunting .

20150129_134836.jpg

#17 5 years ago

I've owned the game a few times throughout the rise. Currently a nice one should sell for no more than $24000-2500. The game should be fully shopped, fully LED and have limited fade. If any of those conditions are not met, the price starts to drop. That being said, if you Find a nice one and have to pay more....do it, the game is awesome and from a playability perspective it is worth more (I feel the same way about The Shadow). The market is currently softening, meaning the rising prices have slowed or in many cases started to decline. I recently bought several B&C titles at prices I Paid many years ago. I believe The influx of great new games are forcing people to sell their old ones to make room.

#18 5 years ago

Currently I think you are right on this on today's market, but I feel soon the tides will turn, and some of these classic Williams "B titles" will go up in value. With the machines that are currently being manufacturer and the lack of toys, interactions to game play, incomplete codes, and overall looks not as good as some of the classic Williams machines. People will start to realize these machines are the best bang of the buck on very nice examples of certain titles.

#19 5 years ago

But I did finally find a very nice one, unfaded cabinet and almost perfect playfield (2 inserts are ghosting a little) that I am working on making some mods for this title...Also I'm going to do the armor in powder coated black on this machine. It's going to be a VERY nice example of a BSD when I'm finished with it.

20150129_134836.jpg 171 KB

Looks black already?

#20 5 years ago

3k for Unfaded with nice pf.

2500 for a bit of fade.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

3k for Unfaded with nice pf.
2500 for a bit of fade.

Yea thats what ive been lately also I had mine sold for 2800 to a few people but I had a change of heart and gave it another chance before I finalized the deal and well im so glad I did because i really understood it after a day of playing and its now my favorite pin along with tz.

#22 5 years ago

Fade or no fade: this is just a $300 decal to be applied.. (might be hard to find though as there is no 'official' dealer).
I would look for damage on the pf, completeness of all the parts, state of the PCB's in the backbox: preventive maintenance done? and in a professional way? such as remote battery holder, replaced bridge and capacitors, replaced GI and power connectors, etc), the state of all the wiring below the pf, etc, overall "feel" of the machine.

In The Netherlands a players condition BSD changes owner for around $1300. A totally renovated collector quality machine for maybe as high as $2200.
Prices are different compared to the US..

#23 5 years ago

Just sold mine with no fade for $2500 and lightning flippers. Good luck finding one. I never found it easy to play!!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from JWV:

Fade or no fade: this is just a $300 decal to be applied.. (might be hard to find though as there is no 'official' dealer).
I would look for damage on the pf, completeness of all the parts, state of the PCB's in the backbox: preventive maintenance done? and in a professional way? such as remote battery holder, replaced bridge and capacitors, replaced GI and power connectors, etc), the state of all the wiring below the pf, etc, overall "feel" of the machine.
In The Netherlands a players condition BSD changes owner for around $1300. A totally renovated collector quality machine for maybe as high as $2200.
Prices are different compared to the US..

True but re decaling is not a easy job and requires a good bit of work and space and tools to be done correctly . I know its something I am not able to do because of space and location . So how much would it cost to get done I dunno ?

#25 5 years ago

great game, mine is NFS
image.jpg

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from JWV:

Fade or no fade: this is just a $300 decal to be applied.. .

1. Decals are not easy to apply by any means. Watch some videos of it done (the right way).
2. Some collectors want original art, not decals.

I'm guessing you have a BSD in your collection and it's faded.

#27 5 years ago

20150129_134836.jpg 171 KB

Why did you have to find one? I wanted you to come and steal mine so that I ended up with all the cool toys!!!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballJeff:

Why did you have to find one? I wanted you to come and steal mine so that I ended up with all the cool toys!!!

I didn't know that you were offering yours up. I can add these mods to yours also ...

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

great game, mine is NFS

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure it's NFS ?

#30 5 years ago

OpenBSD goes for free ninety-nine currently. Sorry IT dork alert.

#31 5 years ago

I just got a pretty nice one from BRTlKT here on pinside for 2200.00. In fact it arrived this morning. Headed home soon to fire it up, test it out, tweak it up and insert it into the collection. I've been playing this game on ps3 quite a bit. it seems hard but the sound is mesmerizing, dark and creepy. like me aside from the mesmerizing and dark...

#32 5 years ago

While BSD has long been the abbreviation for Bram Stoker's Dracula, it could also apply to the new Wrestlemania pin:

Big Sweaty Dudes

#33 5 years ago

Expect to pay around 1,000 bucks to have someone restore cabinet and apply decals.

#34 5 years ago

i paid 2,400 for one in good shape a few months ago.
i love the game.

#35 5 years ago

It is a great game, 2500-3000 seems to be the sweet spot, in the Midwest , although I have been looking since I sold mine two years ago and still can't turn one up in mn. Best of luck, it's a brutal and awesome game.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Too easy? Wow, that's something my BSD isn't.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dont look bad from the few crappy pics but never know good deal tho

First I screw up clearcoating a playfield,now I don't know how to take pictures .My only defense is im a human being with human emotions

Here's some sexy up close pics of my permant players BSD.
$1800 takes it home
810-588-2649
Mike

image.jpg image-487.jpg image-770.jpg image-554.jpg image-10.jpg image-12.jpg image-228.jpg image-782.jpg
#38 5 years ago

2500 - 3k for a BSD ??? Ludacris. Price pumping if I've ever seen it.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

First I screw up clearcoating a playfield,now I don't know how to take pictures .My only defense is im a human being with human emotions
$1800 takes it home
810-588-2649
Mike

image.jpg 177 KB

image-487.jpg 232 KB

image-770.jpg 226 KB

image-554.jpg 206 KB

image-10.jpg 214 KB

image-12.jpg 233 KB

image-228.jpg 194 KB

image-782.jpg 161 KB

Sorry didn't mean it like that but just that there were 3 far away pics and you couldn't see anything . When im trying to sell I take 10 to 20 pics of every side and square inch even inside .

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

No buddy is price pumping y would we because im pretty sure none of us are selling and don't plan to

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

$1800 takes it home
810-588-2649
Mike

Wish funds weren't so tight right now, I'd love a players Drac.

#42 5 years ago

It's all good BigD .I put Dracula for sale to fast .Its buried in the pinball room and room is poorly lit .
I need to pull it out to take some better photos.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I know a couple really nice examples have sold for that in the mid-atlantic over the last few years.

To the OP:
On the east coast, I'd figure:
Players: 1,650-2,000
Good with Fade: 2,000-2,300
Good without fade: 2,300-2,500
Excellent: 2,500-3,000

#44 5 years ago

Can't wait to see what you come up with for this!
Keith

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I know a couple really nice examples have sold for that in the mid-atlantic over the last few years.
To the OP:
On the east coast, I'd figure:
Players: 1,650-2,000
Good with Fade: 2,000-2,300
Good without fade: 2,300-2,500
Excellent: 2,500-3,000

This for sure. 2500- 3k for any condition is bullshit.

Either suckers or desperate buyers.

#46 5 years ago

Sold a pretty nice one recently for 2k, fwiw.

#47 5 years ago

I'm looking for one within a few hours drive of Cleveland. PM me if you have one for sale.

#48 5 years ago

I'm in for 2K-2200 as well.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

This for sure. 2500- 3k for any condition is bullshit.
Either suckers or desperate buyers.

when I first started looking about a month ago I thought around $2k for a real nice one as well, but after looking high and low nationwide that just isn't the case, but if you know of one fatdirk shoot me a pm! Otherwise I'll just pony up a little more dough for a game I really want. After all it's just money

#50 5 years ago

Be patient. You really shouldn't have to pay more than $1800 for this game, those higher prices are for those who can not wait. Once you pay your $1800 prepare to be brutalized. You can walk away from it feeling good about things, but this is the rare exception. Maybe that is what keeps you coming back. I had one on location and it was my most consistent earner.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside