DSCN0649.JPG
DSCN0651.JPG
DSCN0650.JPG
DSCN0644.JPG
DSCN0637.JPG
DSCN0641.JPG
DSCN0640.JPG
DSCN0639.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinsideMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Damn pinball machine plague... I bought my "last title" 3 weeks ago and now tomorrow I am going to go look at another machine!??! Anyways, tomorrow I am going to go look at a very local Big Guns that was in a small town video store for about 2 years (confirmed I know the original seller) and then sold to a guy for home use for around the last 20 years. Sorry no pictures, but again the original seller tells me that the machine was in pristine shape upon retirement from the public.

As long as there is no playfield wear, the cabinet wasn't carved into, no battery leakage (hasn't been turned on in years...) and no other surprises, what should I offer? The guy seems to want it gone since it is no longer being used and has no idea how to price it. He initially wanted $1200 but also quoted the same price on some random EM. He has stated he is willing to listen to any reasonable offer. I don't want to take advantage of the guy, but I would like to get a decently priced machine for once. Boston Guide says $774. A few on Ebay for 1200~2500, Mr Pinball 1400-1800, and one on Pinside for 1400. Anyone willing to help me figure out how to price this without insulting the guy? Thanks in advance!

The machine is not listed anywhere online so don't bother looking to try to randomly swipe it on me you swipey swipers!

#4 9 years ago

Well I went ahead and pulled that trigger, or should I say plunger? Big Guns and an EM Wipe Out for $800 total. Big Guns has some battery corrosion and player 3 and 4 display out, but playfield looks nice! Pictures will follow once I clean it up a bit

#7 9 years ago

The 'ol prescrub photos. Lets hope she cleans up nice and I only have those two displays and external battery pack to look into.

DSCN0626.JPGDSCN0626.JPG DSCN0627.JPGDSCN0627.JPG DSCN0628.JPGDSCN0628.JPG DSCN0632.JPGDSCN0632.JPG
#13 9 years ago

So what do you guys think. Everything seems to work on my new machine. Sound flippers all solenoids ect, but obviously there was some battery leakage. Could I just by a standoff battery block and call it a day, or is there something I should be worried about?

#15 9 years ago

Awesome. I will pop off the main board probably tomorrow and post a pic. Tonight is going to definitely be a Windex and shop rag night. I don't think this machine had the glass off since the guy sold it to these people (20+ years). On a positive note, there is virtually no mylar bubbling, no busted plastics and no visible playfield wear besides that flake or two by the left outlane drain. I think besides player 3 and 4 displays not working, this is going to be the cheapest machine I have ever renovated.

#16 9 years ago

Big Guns is cleaning up real nice! As far as I can tell only 1 busted plastic and its pretty hidden. A bit of glue and a little support and I bet it will never show.

DSCN0637.JPGDSCN0637.JPG DSCN0638.JPGDSCN0638.JPG DSCN0639.JPGDSCN0639.JPG DSCN0640.JPGDSCN0640.JPG DSCN0641.JPGDSCN0641.JPG DSCN0644.JPGDSCN0644.JPG
#17 9 years ago

What do you guys think of the main board? Cleanest System 11 I have ever saw. The battery leakage does not look that bad to me, what do you guys think of me just cleaning off the terminals and putting in new batteries? Or is that a no no in pinball? Eventually I would like to put the offset batteries but for now I'm just wondering if I can get it up and running for the 4th of July.

DSCN0649.JPGDSCN0649.JPG DSCN0650.JPGDSCN0650.JPG DSCN0651.JPGDSCN0651.JPG
#19 9 years ago

I'm really happy with the shape of these plastics. There is minimal ball trail and only this one plastic is scuffed. There is one or two little dings here or there as shown on the Knight with the instructions. There is also almost no warpage at all from the lights. Man oh man I wish my Pin-Bot survived the years as well as this Big Guns. The only piece I see that is in fact busted is this one orange piece that goes around the top ball railing. Looks like someone tightened it down too much.

average scuff on only 1 or 2 pieces.JPGaverage scuff on only 1 or 2 pieces.JPG ball trail.JPGball trail.JPG largest scuff.JPGlargest scuff.JPG Only casualty.JPGOnly casualty.JPG
#21 9 years ago

skywelker thanks for the offer on plastics, but there seems to be a ton of nos plastics for this machine still available and got the entire set for less than $60. Thank you though for the offer and sorry it took me 3 days to respond, apparently I am going senile.

#25 9 years ago

Got the new rubber ring in, flippers adjusted/rebuilt where needed new display and of course the remote battery holder. It cleaned up pretty nice!

DSCN0675.JPGDSCN0675.JPG DSCN0676.JPGDSCN0676.JPG DSCN0678.JPGDSCN0678.JPG 136198.jpg136198.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinsideMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-big-guns?tu=PinsideMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.