image-488.jpg
image-445.jpg
image-118.jpg
IMG_0871.JPG
IMG_0882.JPG
243824.jpg
IMG_0893.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Found a unrestored shadow that has been sitting in warehouse for last 5 years. Owner say plays but doesn't know much . Pictures are hard to tell but he says no wear through on Playfield and box has typical,dings and necks . About a 2 hr drive to go check out . What's it worth ? Range please

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Fishmugger:

he says no wear through on Playfield

Unlikely. Almost all have sanctum wear.

#3 9 years ago

It's hard to say without really seeing the condition. Range is generally going to be $2.5-3k just as a ballpark, really nice ones go for more, beat ones for less.

The Sanctum wear is the biggest issue, if you can get a picture of just that it will give you a sense for what you're dealing with.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's hard to say without really seeing the condition. Range is generally going to be $2.5-3k just as a ballpark, really nice ones go for more, beat ones for less.
The Sanctum wear is the biggest issue, if you can get a picture of just that it will give you a sense for what you're dealing with.

This ^

#5 9 years ago

A local op was just selling a couple nice ones (no noteworthy sanctum wear, one broken plastic but came with a replacement, definitely on the nice end of the spectrum) for $2500 and they actually sat a few weeks before my buddy bought one. If it's a normal routed game, try to stick to around $2k. If it's actually nice, close to $2500.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

A local op was just selling a couple nice ones (no noteworthy sanctum wear, one broken plastic but came with a replacement, definitely on the nice end of the spectrum) for $2500 and they actually sat a few weeks before my buddy bought one. If it's a normal routed game, try to stick to around $2k. If it's actually nice, close to $2500.

I've been looking for one at that price for a while now. It's getting rarer and rarer to find one for less than $2700 that doesn't have so much sanctum wear that you can see carpet underneath.

If they have Alt translate and chromed handle, forget about it for under $2800 and then you have to ship it

#7 9 years ago

You guys are all high

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

You guys are all high

Think they should be lower?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Mine is sitting at $2300 prob in the similar cond you listed.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-shadow-ia-2500#post-1833217

That is a pretty sweet deal. Shipping is making the difference for me on your machine

#11 9 years ago

Somebody sold one on here a couple of days ago for $2995. At least that was his firm price was so I assume that's what he got for it. It seems like everything else near it in the pinball rankings goes for more money so I guess its still a good bang for buck pin especially in the $2500 range.

#12 9 years ago

Shadow is one of the best values out there, just an awesome game.

#13 9 years ago

Condition is EVERYTHING.....so without that........

#14 9 years ago

I'd say range is most often in the $2200-$2750 range, with beaters potentially below and the nicest ones (with repainted sanctums, rebronzed wireforms, etc.) potentially above that range. Obviously a full restore or project machines would affect it, too.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Shadow is one of the best values out there, just an awesome game.

Glad I recognized some of these games early like TS, BSD, and WH20 when they were real dirt cheap. Glad to see they are all getting some love these days.

#16 9 years ago

People that own TS: $3200-$3400 (if nice)

People looking to own TS: $2200-$2500

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Is the other one still on the market? Based on the posts here I'd imagine a pinsider would snap up a Shadow with no sanctum wear for $2500.

#18 9 years ago

Happiness is an unworn sanctum.

#19 9 years ago

Ok, what do you guys think mine is worth?

IMG_0893.JPGIMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0882.JPGIMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0871.JPGIMG_0871.JPG
#20 9 years ago

not cheap.
243824.jpg243824.jpg

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Ok, what do you guys think mine is worth?

List at 3300 and take 2900.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

List at 3300 and take 2900.

Wow, you think I could get that much?

#23 9 years ago

Here is the one I'm doing for Art ( Cometpinball ) . We installed his top bulbs ( he knows better what they are called) and they look great ! I've stripped it down and polished it up . All new star post ,clear rubbers , all new clear plastics , wire forms replated by Chestnut ,all new flipper bats and totally rebuilt flippers new decals for daggers and standup targets plus some electrical and rebuilt some parts . Still need to add the alternate trans light and speaker panel along with a few other minor things . I am not sure what is value is but I know Art has been looking for a nice one for a while so I'm sure it's not going anywhere soon

image-118.jpgimage-118.jpg image-488.jpgimage-488.jpg image-445.jpgimage-445.jpg image-649.jpgimage-649.jpg image-759.jpgimage-759.jpg image-595.jpgimage-595.jpg image-788.jpgimage-788.jpg image-579.jpgimage-579.jpg image-610.jpgimage-610.jpg image-317.jpgimage-317.jpg image-608.jpgimage-608.jpg
1 week later
#24 9 years ago

Nice , I would rather pay 2900 for a nice restored pin than a PoS machine I would have to dump a wad of cash and 100 hrs on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-a-shadow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.