(Topic ID: 47591)

price check on a pinball magic

By Gwaxt72

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am thinking about buying a pinball magic. I have no idea on the value. game seems to be in pretty nice shape. also wondering about the game play. I have a theater of magic in my collection.

#2 11 years ago

My mom just recently got one and absolutely loves it. Addams was the pin she really wanted and got for her first pin, but she recently said if she had to sell all but one, she would keep PM. She has played TOM and likes PM much better, but my husband is the opposite. Personal preference of course. She loves playing but cant watch the DMD and play at the same time, so she really likes that PM is linear so she knows exactly what to do next.

#3 11 years ago

I've seen nice PM's go for $2800-$3500, so anywhere in that area is fine.

#4 11 years ago

A couple things to look closely at:

1- the rubber post next to the / beneath the magic-hat skill-shot. See if it's intact and/or leaning backwards from repeated hits. obviously leaning is a concern, but not a deal-breaker.

2 - look for broken plastics near the stage entrance and left loop, and by the genie bottle scoop along the left side. Mark in AU sells some individual replacement plastics (NOS) but YMMV. Nobody sells plastic protector sets, but you can DIY using a Dremel and some lexan from the hardware store.

3 - check the condition of the edges of that genie bottle scoop. a little wear is to be expected, even if the game is HUO. No, Cliffy doesn't make an edge protector.

4 - test the operation of the stage. shoot it a bunch of times to make sure the optos and diverter up inside are working right. play with the glass off and complete the first three or four shots, so you get to the point where it does the levitating ball trick instead of kicking the ball out the stage doors into the bumper.

Have fun. PM is a really nice game with a fun, fast loop to keep your adrenaline up. Don't get discouraged, it can take time to learn to make the left ramp consistently.

These days an average condition game could sell for $2500. A really, really nice example will fetch whatever the buyer is willing to bear. I could see $3500 easy.

#5 11 years ago

awesome. if anyone needs any earthshaker plastics I have a whole bag of them. new and used

#6 11 years ago

Just sold I real decent one last year for $1850.

#7 11 years ago

Sold a nice one six months ago for $2100. Got a lot of offers of $1800. It took a week to sell. Way better pin than TOM imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

$ 209.00
8,100 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-a-pinball-magic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.