(Topic ID: 310926)

Price check on a Midway Space Invaders arcade

By pacmanretro

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KIMG8874 (resized).JPG
    KIMG8873 (resized).JPG
    KIMG8877 (resized).JPG
    KIMG8879 (resized).JPG
    KIMG8878 (resized).JPG
    #1 2 years ago

I'm thinking about selling my Midway Space Invaders arcade, and just curious what these are currently going for, as a fair price?

Original machine. Has some bumps and dings, edge chips etc for age. But solid cabinet.

Game is working.

Some red fade on plastic bezel and a few paint chips flaked off it.

Control panel has hand wear.

Recently fully tore down and cleaned/adjusted/lubed etc. The coin door, mechs, and control panel.

Has brand new Happ switching power supply kit installed.

Figured I would see if anyone on here had any advice on price range.

Thanks!

KIMG8878 (resized).JPGKIMG8878 (resized).JPGKIMG8879 (resized).JPGKIMG8879 (resized).JPGKIMG8877 (resized).JPGKIMG8877 (resized).JPGKIMG8873 (resized).JPGKIMG8873 (resized).JPGKIMG8874 (resized).JPGKIMG8874 (resized).JPG
    #2 2 years ago

I'm surprised I haven't gotten a better feel for current values on these. I figured Space Invaders would be a no brainier, as far as look it up and see a bunch for sale; for comparison.

But I really haven't yet.

#3 2 years ago

I haven't bought an upright video game in over a year but last time I looked these were about $600 - $800.

#4 2 years ago

I sold one in 2019 for $400. The cab was painted white, and a couple of the sound effects weren't working.

But yeah, I generally have seen fully working ones in nice condition listed in the $600-$800 range.

The condition of the CPO on your game really is an eyesore and would likely deter buyers.

The CPO is only $50. Personally, I would try to fix that before selling. You could probably get a higher price for it with a nice CPO.

https://www.phoenixarcade.com/search/node/space%20invaders

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elysiom:

I haven't bought an upright video game in over a year but last time I looked these were about $600 - $800.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I sold one in 2019 for $400. The cab was painted white, and a couple of the sound effects weren't working.
    But yeah, I generally have seen fully working ones in nice condition listed in the $600-$800 range.
    The condition of the CPO on your game really is an eyesore and would likely deter buyers.
    The CPO is only $50. Personally, I would try to fix that before selling. You could probably get a higher price for it with a nice CPO.

Thank you guys for the input. Thanks Forceflow for the link. Yeah, I was debating on if I really should do a CPO or not.

Seems the more I do on it, the less I feel like selling it.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm only seeing SI Deluxe CPOs. I'll have to keep looking around. I knew someone had metal ones at one point too. But I don't think they are available.

$50+$15 shipping and tax. So probably about $75 for a CPO. On the fence. It's tough to decide if I factor the cost into sale, or just lower price a little as is.
    But I think you are right that, in general (even at higher end price), the nicer art would he more attractive for a sale.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I'm only seeing SI Deluxe CPOs. I'll have to keep looking around. I knew someone had metal ones at one point too. But I don't think they are available.

I dug through my old email, and it turns out that I ordered my CPO from here:

https://thisoldgame.com/shop/ols/search?keywords=space%20invaders&sortOption=descend_by_match

Looks like it's OOS, though.

There's probably a few other places that offer them, and a search on KLOV will probably reveal the good ones. Just like with pinball decals/overlays, there are some shops that produce good stuff, and some shops that are sub-par.

#8 2 years ago

35 bucks on Ebay.

ebay.com link: itm

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

35 bucks on Ebay.

Thanks!

I just saw this as a suggested listing too. Not sure of qualities of either, hard to tell from the similar pictures. But for $35 may be worth a shot.

Wish I would have done it will I had it all apart.

I may go ahead and order one of those.

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

$50+$15 shipping and tax. So probably about $75 for a CPO. On the fence. It's tough to decide if I factor the cost into sale, or just lower price a little as is.
    But I think you are right that, in general (even at higher end price), the nicer art would he more attractive for a sale.

Once you replace the overlay you’ve got a pretty sweet machine. I’d ask $1000/OBO after you replace it. If you don’t I think you’d struggle to get $600. A very worthy investment in my opinion!

My girlfriend has a near mint SI Deluxe. She bought it cheap almost 20 years ago. It’s a real nice addition to her lineup.

I don’t know about other Pinsiders but now that new (and used!!!)machines are $9-10000, I think that nice condition classic arcade machines are more fun to hunt for. As long as you have SPACE!

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Once you replace the overlay you’ve got a pretty sweet machine. I’d ask $1000/OBO after you replace it. If you don’t I think you’d struggle to get $600. A very worthy investment in my opinion!
    My girlfriend has a near mint SI Deluxe. She bought it cheap almost 20 years ago. It’s a real nice addition to her lineup.
    I don’t know about other Pinsiders but now that new (and used!!!)machines are $9-10000, I think that nice condition classic arcade machines are more fun to hunt for. As long as you have SPACE!

Wow. That's very very cool that she has had it so long, and got a great deal on it!

I think you (and the others) are right; a new overlay is a worthy investment.
    Above even side art, or some color fade...the control panel really is right there in front of you the entire time. So a nicer overlay would certainly make it much more attractive!

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Wow. That's very very cool that she has had it so long, and got a great deal on it!
    I think you (and the others) are right; a new overlay is a worthy investment.
    Above even side art, or some color fade...the control panel really is right there in front of you the entire time. So a nicer overlay would certainly make it much more attractive!

I think it was$295 at The Pennsylvania Gameroom Warehouse in York Pa. It was her first arcade/pin machine purchase. About a year later she bought a sweet Tales From the Crypt for $1400. Still has both of them and a couple other classics from back in the good old days of more reasonable pricing.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I think it was$295 at The Pennsylvania Gameroom Warehouse in York Pa. It was her first arcade/pin machine purchase. About a year later she bought a sweet Tales From the Crypt for $1400. Still has both of them and a couple other classics from back in the good old days of more reasonable pricing.

Wow. That's always so fun to hear! I still have some stuff from the reasonable price days too, to keep in the collection. Tales from the Crypt would certainly be a good one. Nice choice.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-a-midway-space-invaders-arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.