View topic image gallery

031.JPG
030.JPG
028.JPG
033.JPG
053.JPG
026.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Looks to be in good shape. Has been in this guy's collection for years. Everything working. No damage to cab and pf looks good. Rough estimate on price I should pay.
Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

Some pics.

026.JPG026.JPG 053.JPG053.JPG 033.JPG033.JPG

#3 11 years ago

More pics

028.JPG028.JPG 030.JPG030.JPG 031.JPG031.JPG

#4 11 years ago

Bump for some direction.

#5 11 years ago

I would say $850-$1000.00.

#6 11 years ago

With lower end (cost wise only I mean by that) DMDs, the price fluctuates so much from area to area. I would say ballpark $1,000-$1,400.

Things to check are the man ramp rope light, which there is no replacement for, and the rear left ramp, which is ALWAYS broken (worst ramp design ever, was recycled from MNF), and there are no replacements, and even old partially broken ones have fetched $200+.

Check the small DMD for gassing as well, as the only solid replacement for these is the pinled LED display, and that will run you about $260 to your door.

There is never wear on this machine. This may be the best looking machine out there all in all, and the light show, attract and in game use of inserts are amazing. It has a handful of modes as well, and given the time when it came out, it was pretty well thought out. It gets a bad rap, but I'm not sure why. Some of the voice callouts are repetitive, and can get annoying, but I like the music.

EDIT: There is wear the happens under the skull, but as its covered, you don't really notice it.

#7 11 years ago

I would say 1k - 1200. As said before, that dmd is tough to find and expensive.

I'll take the chicago coin though.

#8 11 years ago

Definitely make sure that DMD is working 100%.. I think the are closer to $400+ to get a bran new one. I found a DE Batman I wanted from a vendor and it has been nearly 3 months and he still cannot get it fixed... so beware.
I don't think you will find it below $1000. Atomicboys range sounds right.

#9 11 years ago

Is there any way to replace the skull lamps without removing the entire ramp/skull assembly?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is there any way to replace the skull lamps without removing the entire ramp/skull assembly?

Nope... ask me how I know

#11 11 years ago

If you are on the fence about this purchase, I had also contacted the seller. I have been trying to buy hook for my nieces. (each time too late) Let me know if you may back out.

Thanks

#12 11 years ago

Just got back from my trip to look at the Hook, about 3 hrs. round trip. Put it through the diagnostics, everything was good. It needed a cleaning, but all the plastics including the big plastic ramp were crack free. All lights worked, the flippers, however, were a little weak. I played the game some, it just wasn't for me. Maybe a chance you can grab it baltistyle. Good luck.

Edit
Seller just emailed me to say they made a deal with a mover; they bartered the machine for the delivery of a piano. Sorry.

#13 11 years ago

I'm about to rebuild the flippers on mine, though all the shots are made easily enough as is... maybe I'm just getting spoiled with Tron in the house?

#14 11 years ago

That's too bad. Evaluating a machine with weak flippers does not give it a chance. All games will play like crap with weak flippers. Man, on a 3 our trip, it would have to be a real piece of crap for me not to come home with something

Quoted from Crash:

It comes off very easily from what I remember, but it seemed very fragile.

#15 11 years ago

I have a Hook pinball I would sale and can bring to the Winston Salem NC sale that belonged to Jim the banker. I take a 1000 for it.

#16 11 years ago

Plenty of pics here on pinside under the banker and BR pics

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from baltistyle:

I have been trying to buy hook for my nieces.

I bought a Hook for my fiancé granddaughter; she loves it. She's 4 now and call's it pirate pinball.

Definitely a fun game for kids.

Robert

#18 11 years ago

great game sold mine to a bar for 1200 they love it also

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from hfdpro:

Rough estimate on price I should pay

I paid $900 for mine, and then $200 for someone to pick it up in SoCal and deliver it to me in NorCal.

I had to put ~$200 in parts and about 30-40 hours of labor to get it pristine.

Robert

#20 11 years ago

i had one, and lost $40. Sold for $700. If you try and get $1000 you'll be sitting on it for years. ANd the displays arn't $400. Those are the large displays. Someone made alt version of these smaller ones and you can find them for $200ish.

#21 11 years ago

I played one for about 5 games at CAX and really liked it. Now, I'm not a pinball wizard by any means and like simple games. If anyone has one local in CA for sale let me know.

#22 11 years ago

Thanks to you and the banker but that drive would kill it for me in my v8 pickup. Nice offer though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-a-hook and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.