Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Not that it makes sense to have a HEP FT but not much makes sense in pinball, what do you think it would/should go for given the cost of his labor?

#2 10 years ago

All depends.

How long ago was it restored? Chris' process improves with every restoration... so the last HEP FT is probably worth more than the first.

How many plays have gone on the machine since it was restored? While a HEP restoration is a very nice pin, it's like anything else, the more it's used, the further it is away from his initial starting restoration.

I have owned a 3rd hand HEP pin before, and I paid about 50% of what the original owner paid for the game including restoration, from what I was able to gather. It was a 'B-C' title, much like FT is, so I'd think you've got a decent starting point.

#3 10 years ago

Now, if you're asking if you should have HEP restore a FT, well, that's a different sort of question.

Chris can restore a FT, and it'll clearly be one of the nicest ones in existence.

Would it be a financially sound investment? No, but is pinball really a financially sound investment?

I'd look at it like buying a car to enjoy, it's never going to be worth what you paid for it, other than in very *extreme* cases, but your enjoyment is worth something.

How much the job costs, well, that's a discussion to have with Chris. It also surely depends somewhat on the starting platform - nice original cab with no fading takes a lot less hours to restore than one that the bottom is falling out of, and the artwork is beat to death and faded - and everything in between.

#4 10 years ago

Not to restore. An existing one done a few years back. 2-3. I know restos come in all flavors. Range on low end to high? Thx. Great info!

#5 10 years ago

The most recent FT I have done was 2006 so anyone one selling it as 2-3 years old is wrong or misinformed which is tough to stay on top of .
I would say it is a $4500-$6000 game at a guess since the two I have done to date were built around NOS play fields and should be very nice even this many years later but won't have all the HEP details many would expect of a more recent build.

#6 10 years ago

Thanks for the info Chris!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

The most recent FT I have done was 2006 so anyone one selling it as 2-3 years old is wrong or misinformed which is tough to stay on top of .
I would say it is a $4500-$6000 game at a guess since the two I have done to date were built around NOS play fields and should be very nice even this many years later but won't have all the HEP details many would expect of a more recent build.

Keith and I saw one on the east coast that he moved a bit south. Looked awesome. Me wanted. FT is on my short list.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Interesting as I was thinking base FT plus $3000 - $4000 seeing how FT is comparable to Getaway price wise and one of those sold for $6K

But FT with new NOS PF and new decals is probably a $4K name. If you ad HEP to it then it goes up

#9 10 years ago

"Me wanted. FT is on my short list."

never got the TF from that guy…he was "out of the country" for a couple of weeks. …so I got a FT from GuidoT in Baltimore. Shopping it as we speak! Will keep you in mind if I ever sell it! lol

#10 10 years ago

Just as an uneducated example

HEP NF ~ 6k plus base game, say 8k . But if you do it you won't be able to sell for 8k, more like 6k maybe and maybe not even that. For me it needs to be significantly less than doing it for myself, 2k or more less. Same with any of the B titles. So FT +6k, then minus the 2k , comes out at just what Chris said. If it was more I would just have Chris do one for me. That HEP label is really powerful - without it base game +2k or a bit more is all we would be talking about. And sure there are about three or four other guys work that I think would hold value as well.

#11 10 years ago

Ice, I see you are finally coming around and understanding the HEP thing........Good for you.

Grab it if you like FT.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not that it makes sense to have a HEP FT but not much makes sense in pinball, what do you think it would/should go for given the cost of his labor?

???

A Hep FT makes as much or more sense than any other title. FT is one of the better games ever made. It's a lot like IM. It plays fast, there are countdowns that get your blood pumping and there's some huge risk reward opportunity in the game. It's better than lamp.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

FT is one of the better games ever made.

Agreed--truly one of WMS best IMO:

Funny, fast, best video mode in pinball IMO, phenomenal topper that doubles as a shaker with quietening mod...Ritchie hit this one out of the park!

Awesome game the keeps you going back for more!

Good luck in the search OP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

12,500 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-a-hep-fish-tales%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.