Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Wickerman2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Don't know much about EMs ran across guy has got 5 EMs but want to be fair both ways all are fully working back glasses look to be great no peeling but playfields and cabs are average players condition not trashed but not perfect. Wear and to wood in very small spots . The 5 are Wizard,Big Indian,Captain Fantastic,Flying Carpet,Scuba thanks for any help with prices . I know pics would be better but didn't get any when I looked at them. Hes asking 6000.00 for all 5 but I think he's about 2300 to 2500 to high but again I don't know about E M s

#2 3 years ago

$500 @ would be my guess. Buy all five...maybe get another $400 off.

#3 3 years ago

$400 a piece.

#4 3 years ago

$6000 for 5 seems too steep. Indian, Carpet and Scuba probably in the 500-600 each, somewhere around $1000 for Wizard, and maybe $1500ish for Fantastic. Keep in mind, these are ballpark ranges, depending on condition. When I add those up, I get $4300. Don't pay $6000 unless the Capt Fantastic is in sweet condition.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for ball park figures. Captian Fantastic plays good but one of the ones that has wear and can see wood in very small spots.not trashed but we'll played over the years

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

$400 a piece.

L. O. L.

Wizard and Captain Fantastic are both high-demand, $1,000 games even in not the best shape. Fully shopped, clean, and in nice shape we are talkin $1500 or so. Especially the Captain.

Carpet, Scuba, and Big Indian are ALL great games but yes in average condition and working $500 each is hobby price ballpark. $6,000 for all six is way high (especially if you are buying all of them) but you are seeing some severe anti-EM prejudice in the lowballers here who are saying $400-500 a game.

All 5 of these games are excellent games and collectable titles, not a dog in the bunch.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks for ball park figures he's asking 2000 for wizard and 1700 for captain fantastic 1200 for big indian I pretty sure he got his prices from eBay

#8 3 years ago

It's not as hopeless as it sounds. Without being a condescending douche (I know that can be hard for pinheads on the prowl), explain to him those prices are extremely high even for retail, and that you'd be a buyer for all of them if you could hammer out a reasonable deal. You can try to explain how asking prices are one thing, but nothing sells that high on ebay, there are fees and hassles etc.

Sellers either get that or the don't. And quite often they do and are willing to listen to reason. Or they aren't. Either way don't worry there are thousands of similar EMs around you can buy.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

severe anti-EM prejudice in the lowballers here who are saying $400-500 a game.

I'm certainly not an anti-EM lowballer. I'd say I'm realistic. Pay $400-$500 for non-working EMs & bring them up to snuff from there. Unless, of course, it's a title on your list or rare game. Then you pay as you desire.

#10 3 years ago

Just happened to run across this guy. Going to mention about prices and not be rude or douche lol. But not going really push hard for a deal just not really into EMs as much as dmds

#11 3 years ago

Any nice em is worth at least $700. That would include a near perfect backglass, a solid cabinet with original art scheme with few scratches, and a playfield with little wear. Of course, it also needs to play with no issues. That's just my opinion.

#12 3 years ago

From my experience, most Wizard backglasses are nearly perfect. Never seen one with flaking. Finding a Wizard! cabinet with no fading and no scratches is a little harder. A $2000 Wizard! better have a cabinet with no fading, touchups and very minor scratches on it. The playfield should also be in perfect condition. If that's the case with this Wizard!, buy it!

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

I'm certainly not an anti-EM lowballer. I'd say I'm realistic. Pay $400-$500 for non-working EMs & bring them up to snuff from there. Unless, of course, it's a title on your list or rare game. Then you pay as you desire.

This is reasonable for non-working EMs. However, these EM games are working as well as desirable titles.

If each one was sold individually, I have them priced at $4,100 for all 5.

As a package deal with a perk of roughly 15% discount, the total price is $3,500

Here is how I, as an interested buyer, would value the games based on the condition described by the seller.

Capt Fantastic - $1,100 ($850)
Wizard - $1,000 ($950)
Big Indian - $700 ($600)
Flying Carpet - $600 ($500)
Scuba - $700 ($600)

Of course, the price could change once I viewed the games in person. But this would be my ball park figure as a collector interested in the entire collection.

Hope this helps!

Marcus

#14 3 years ago

Closer to 3k for all...if they are great maybe $3500, no way 6k--that's pinrescue territory.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 315.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
liorillusion
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside