(Topic ID: 153423)

Price check on a 6 pins being sold together

By embryonjohn

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

As I kinda work my way out of SS & DMD titles and jump down the EM rabbit hole, along comes this offer from a guy I bought a pin off of. He wants a price today. All are in better then average shape with very good backglasses. They've been in dry storage for at least 10 years and not played. I didn't see inside the cabs. Just good playfields and good backglasses. Sorry I have no pictures, just the above description as I was only able to inspect them briefly. The seller wants them sold only as a group so I can't cherry pick the better titles. Here goes:
    *Gottlieb Royal Flush
    *King Kool
    *Team One
    *Time Zone
    *Aladdin's Castle
    *Williams Apollo

#2 8 years ago

2k. You will probably have to do repairs on most if not all , since they have been sitting for that long

#3 8 years ago

Yeah, I'd agree. Somewhere between $2,000 and $2,400 would be what I would look at. Depends on how many of those titles you really want and specific condition.

#4 8 years ago

Sounds like he wants them gone , see if he'd take $1800...

#5 8 years ago

You say they are in better than average shape, so at $500 a piece then it would be $3000. Why low ball the guy? I think at $2500 you will still do good.

#6 8 years ago

I wouldnt pay more than $1500 for games that have been sitting for 10 years. Thats $250 a piece. Maybe you could go to $1800 but there has to be some reward for buying all of the games and taking the risk.

#7 8 years ago

The reward is finding someone who wants to sell 6 pins at one location.

#8 8 years ago

I think 500 each is fair, but in a package deal you expect a volume discount. I think 350 each is reasonable if you are buying all 6 that's 2100. I have been looking for an Alladin's Castle and if that 2P Bally does not suit your needs, contact me. I am located in Eastern Conn. and less than 2 hours away.

Keep the Team One, the artwork sucks, but it is the AAB version of Abra ca Dabra and a really fantastic player. Watch for broken plastics, especially in the target banks and the center bullseye triangle and the lower set, I believe Pinrescue sells the short set. Royal Flush is a good game, you will enjoy it. Apollo I played as a kid, but gravitated to Gottlieb and some Bally's.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from SergioJ:

Yeah, I'd agree. Somewhere between $2,000 and $2,400 would be what I would look at. Depends on how many of those titles you really want and specific condition.

Quoted from moto_cat:

Sounds like he wants them gone , see if he'd take $1800...

Start at $1800.00 and go as high as $2400.00. Once they are all fixed up you could easily sell them off once you get bored with them and get your money back and then some also knowing you helped save some EM's for future generations to play.

Top 3 titles I like in order are Royal Flush, Aladdin's Castle, and Apollo. Not an AAB guy but Team One is a good one for sure if you are. King Kool would be my least favorite of the bunch.

Good Luck!

Ken

#10 8 years ago

I would at least offer the guy $3k if there all above average. If you insult the guy, you may get nothing.

#11 8 years ago

Negotiations 101, have them put first number out, or bid low. If you are the one with the first number, tell the seller that it is a starting bid if he says something . Nothing to lose

#12 8 years ago

1800 to 200. If above average, 2500. Apollo is a really cool game.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I think 500 each is fair, but in a package deal you expect a volume discount.

Not only should you get a package discount, the fact that the seller is unwilling to split them up shrinks his market significantly and should mean an even bigger discount.

#14 8 years ago

rebuilding steppers, going through all relays, addressing rusty and molded issues etc.
    properly shopping the pf.
    takes lots and lots of time.
    whats your time worth going through each one? sitting ems arent good.
    pends what kind of storage as well.

#15 8 years ago

Bid low, offer high

#16 8 years ago

Ya, my guess was $2k too without reading other peoples.

#17 8 years ago

Another vote to offer $1800 and go up to $2100 since they've been sitting. Everything has to be gone through and that doesn't include parts you'll need which are extra. I agree too that you should get a volume discount - easier for the seller to move all at once.

Of the 3 Gottliebs Royal Flush and Team One are good games - I'd probably sell King Kool. Can't say about the others.

#18 8 years ago

$2k max.

They all might be non working with who knows what issues.

Played Apollo and one of my favorite Williams games for sure.

2 weeks later
    #19 8 years ago

Did you pick those up?

#20 8 years ago

Was wondering the same. Might we see a them in Allentown??

#21 8 years ago

He pulled a few of the better titles, added a few project tables and would budge on the price. I gave him one more call and offer and he said he was loading up his truck to meet someone from Pennsylvania at some halfway spot on the mop to do a parking lot swap.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

He pulled a few of the better titles, added a few project tables and would budge on the price. I gave him one more call and offer and he said he was loading up his truck to meet someone from Pennsylvania at some halfway spot on the mop to do a parking lot swap.

thanks for the update John. See you Allentown?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-a-6-pins-being-sold-together and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.