You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mario.jpg
bang.jpg
P2280188.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I purchased a new old stock translite for Big Bang Bar many years ago, for use as wall art in my game room. It is now over ten years later, my game room is finished, and I'm wondering if it would be better to sell this translite to fund the purchase of others. What do you think this thing is worth?

Translite is in mint condition. It has been stored in a tube since Capcom went out of business. Pics tonight when I get home.

#2 10 years ago

Just the plastics sold on EBay for over $1,000 late last year (and there was a ferocious bidding war over them - I think they had something like 40 bids). I know that doesn't help you price this item . . . but if you put it on EBay link us so we can all watch where it ends up.

#3 10 years ago

Been trying to sell a BBB translite in a frame and ready to hang on the wall for a few years now at all the local pinball shows. No interest at $100, I may have even lowered it to $80 but I'm not sure.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#4 10 years ago

BBB translites were readily available for a long time. Many are out there. Would be hard to get a good penny for them.

#5 10 years ago

Ebay had one sell for $75. Guess that is my reference point.

#6 10 years ago

Ah, I didn't realize they were that common. Shame you don't have a set of those plastics!!!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I didn't realize they were that common.

They only made two things for BBB when going into production, drop target stickers and translites. About 3,000 of each.

And they screwed up the translite, the screen with "Bar" didn't make it to the printer, so all the translites out there say "Big Bang".

LTG : )

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They only made two things for BBB when going into production, drop target stickers and translites. About 3,000 of each.
And they screwed up the translite, the screen with "Bar" didn't make it to the printer, so all the translites out there say "Big Bang".

Why cant someone remake the BBB translite the way its supposed to be ? I've often wondered why it only said what it said.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Been trying to sell a BBB translite in a frame and ready to hang on the wall for a few years now at all the local pinball shows. No interest at $100, I may have even lowered it to $80 but I'm not sure.
John P. DayhuffBattle Creek, Mi.269-979-3836

Did you have it at the Ohio show? I must have missed it.

#10 10 years ago

I have a NOS BBB speaker panel, still wrapped in plastic (day one). No idea what it's worth. I should sell it, as I no longer own the game.

Any thoughts on it's value?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Why cant someone remake the BBB translite the way its supposed to be ? I've often wondered why it only said what it said.

Rob Morrison told us that at the Expo 2005 fireside chat.

My guess would be none of the original screens exist.

No idea if the art work exists that you could make them from.

#12 10 years ago

I would definitely be interested at $75 shipped.

#13 10 years ago

Did you have it at the Ohio show? I must have missed it.

Yup it was there , just like every year. The pictures a little fuzzy but its there.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

P2280188.JPGP2280188.JPG

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

BBB translites were readily available for a long time. Many are out there. Would be hard to get a good penny for them.

Gene used to sell BBB translites for $20 at the shows.

#15 10 years ago

Speaker panels and translites are both in stock at IPB at reasonable prices. Just hang on to them it will be a while before they are wort much.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just the plastics sold on EBay for over $1,000 late last year

Just the keychain plastic alone goes for $100!

#17 10 years ago

i had like 400 of them after Capcom closed I sold Gene all the ones for games at like 15.00 each.. still have a few. Been getting 100.00 for them

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just the plastics sold on EBay for over $1,000 late last year (and there was a ferocious bidding war over them - I think they had something like 40 bids). I know that doesn't help you price this item . . . but if you put it on EBay link us so we can all watch where it ends up.

Actually BBB plastic sets go for $1500 minimum and probably getting closer to $2000... translites are no big deal.

#19 10 years ago

Ill trade you 4 plastic sets for a mople
Mk

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Ill trade you 4 plastic sets for a mople
Mk

only 4? That would only be $6000-$8000... I gotta eat! Be fair and give me 6 sets and we have a deal!

3 months later
#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Yup it was there , just like every year. The pictures a little fuzzy but its there.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

I saw it there and inquired about it! I was quoted a price of like $150 I believe. I would have bought it if you said $80.

#22 10 years ago

I got one for sale, it was professionally framed...I want 300 for it...PM me if you want it. Pickup only.

bang.jpgbang.jpg

#23 10 years ago

Got a mario one too, I'll take 200 for it

mario.jpgmario.jpg

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I got one for sale, it was professionally framed...I want 300 for it...PM me if you want it. Pickup only.

I'd haggle with you on the price if it weren't a 3900 mile round trip journey for that pickup.

6 years later
#25 4 years ago

I just acquired one of these.. anyone interested?

#26 4 years ago

I remember the last one I had for sale and struggled to get that $80 out of it to make it go away. Has the price come down even more?

John

#27 4 years ago

I have one as well if there's any need or interest, otherwise I'll probably frame and hang it with an NOS CC I have that I bought on ebay several years ago from Chad Keller'stash

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-nos-big-bang-bar-translite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.