Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Miguel351
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Non-working TZ. It was working but now not. Has acid damage. Good cosmetics, no fade.
Thinking 3k?

#2 11 years ago

Sorry, I'm not selling it. May be looking at it though.

#3 11 years ago

Depends what non-working means. It's very hard to answer this without knowing more or you knowing what it will take to fix it. For all you know several boards are out. Or just one. Or you fix the boards to find a whole bunch of other issues in the playfield internals. Or it could be just one CPU board you repair. I guess $2000-$4000.

#4 11 years ago

I just got one that needed pretty much every board but was clean and the playfield is great on the east coast for $2700 you just need to deal with a reasonable person.

#5 11 years ago

Well it wasn't clean but it cleaned up well i meant**

#6 11 years ago

Here is what I know. There is def acid damage on board and connectors. Game appear to
Boot sometime. Guy just moved it and said it didn't boot and no display. Then he says 20 min later, the display can on. I'm thinking he has a 5v problem or a dmd power issue. Regardless, I think 3k
Is a fair price.

#7 11 years ago

Total up cost to replace boards and DMD, labor included(to clean as well) and subtract that from what you think is a fair price for a decent TZ on the east coast. I'm thinking you be closer to $2500 in the end. Could be a simple fix, or you could end up chasing down the problem for weeks, replacing parts as you go. It's your time and effort you're haggling for, not overall price. If you get it cheap enough, you CAN just go out and buy all new boards and a DMD and end up with a great pin at a very low total investment.

Either way, when you go see it, open up the backbox and check all the boards for loose connections and power and ribbon cables that are corroded or burned at the ends.

#8 11 years ago

I got mine for $2250 with just a dirty playfield, nicotine stained translate, broken buy-in button, and an opto board that needed to be replaced.

#9 11 years ago

Just picked up one for $3300 in Ohio GI connectors burnt boots and plays nice playfield, optos out on the mini pf because they hooked up the wires wrong no board damage if that helps thought I stole mine

#10 11 years ago

Wow, makes me feel better and better about mine. Everything works, plays nice and fast, new clock board w/LED's, superb playfield, $3400. It had the trough error but I did some minor adjustments and now it works just fine. Still trying to hunt down my switch 71 error.....but that's it. Everything else works 100% and it looks great, no cabinet fade.

Guess I stole mine, too. I feel great about what I paid vs. what I got, and that's all that really matters, right?

#11 11 years ago

I'd say $2-3k.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Wow, makes me feel better and better about mine. Everything works, plays nice and fast, new clock board w/LED's, superb playfield, $3400. It had the trough error but I did some minor adjustments and now it works just fine. Still trying to hunt down my switch 71 error.....but that's it. Everything else works 100% and it looks great, no cabinet fade.
Guess I stole mine, too. I feel great about what I paid vs. what I got, and that's all that really matters, right?

That's odd.. Switch 71 is "not used".

#13 11 years ago

Yeh, the guy posted it on CL in DC now. The game has serious acid damage, game does not boot correctly, DMD flaky, clock doesnt work, cant even get it into free play or coin up. (obviously acid damage) I found out it was plugged into the wall for years. Probably with no surge protection. I talked to the guy for a while and he wants 4k for it. I passed. Too many unknowns. Secondly, I have a TZ already and this one was for a buddy who is dying for one. I figured we would make it a project so he could learn some pin stuff. Oh well, I told him to buy a cheaper game.

#14 11 years ago

$4k is insane for a non-working TZ. Sheesh!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from diskoboy:

That's odd.. Switch 71 is "not used".

I've got a whole thread I started for that issue alone. Some pretty good input so far, too. I just haven't had time to do the testing that's been suggested over the last week or so. I'll get to it soon enough and post what I find there in that thread.

If you do a search for "Switch 71 Error" you'll find it....

I've already provided Chris Hibler with one new entry in his PinWiki, this might make it two/too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 29.95
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 14.95
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-non-working-tz-good-cosmetics-east-coast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.