13.jpg
fortuneteller.jpg
image-568.jpg
image-756.jpg
image-807.jpg
image-742.jpg
image-145.jpg
image-447.jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Haven't seen the game yet, but described as nice original AFM little to no PF wear, cabinet good except some fading on one side. Game is complete and working. Assuming no mods.

$6k? $7k?

Seems the AFM market is trending down - maybe folks waiting to see if it is the next PPS remake.

Without more info - what are your opinions on a fair offer range?

#2 9 years ago

I would think a nice AFM with only a little cabinet fade would be around $7k.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I would think a nice AFM with only a little cabinet fade would be around $7k.

I would agree with that.

A year ago it would have been $8k

#4 9 years ago

Without seeing it, just based on description, yes 7K would be just about right.

#5 9 years ago

More info:

PF is very nice except for minor scoop wear that I think would be covered with a cliffy.

Right side of cabinet is very faded, left side of cabinet and head have minor dings and scrapes.

Game may have been routed lightly, but is very clean. Boards clean, no hacks.
image-742.jpgimage-742.jpgimage-145.jpgimage-145.jpgimage-447.jpgimage-447.jpgimage-568.jpgimage-568.jpgimage-756.jpgimage-756.jpgimage-807.jpgimage-807.jpg

Any change in opinion?

#6 9 years ago

Looks like a clean game. I bought mine in about the same shape except the sideart on mine has no fade. And i payed a little over 7 for mine.

#7 9 years ago

7 for sure.. Game looks pretty nice overall, and a cliffy could cover that hole well!

#8 9 years ago

SOL = Stroke of Luck

Maybe he should have said "chewed up SOL hole".

Cliffy will fix it and all, but yeah, SOL is definitely starting to show some wear

Are these all the pictures you have received? For my Corvette, which was about 1/3 the price being suggested here, I had 40 pictures.

Ask yourself: how many photos do you need when popping $7000+. Granted, you're going to go see this machine (not having it shipped?), I'd be asking for lots and lots of photos. Unless you're getting something HEP level restored, there will always - ALWAYS - be something you see face to pin that you didn't see in the photos.

Not trying to be a downer, just offering up a different angle for you. Hope it is a solid example!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Are these all the pictures you have received?

No, they are the only ones I took.

I went to see the game in person today and these were just my "reminders".

The game was cleaner than I expected. The sides don't bother me because I would replace with new art anyway. The game was bought new by the previous owner. The only things that stood out to me when I saw the PF with the glass off was the wear at SOL - seemed worse than it should have been given the game's history - and the underside of the scoop had some sort of black wear that didn't seem like ground in dirt, but I can't imagine what else it would be.

The asking price started at $8700, came down to $8200. I'm really having a hard time deciding if or how much above $7k I want to go.

If I knew AFMr was one of the next two titles from PPS, I'd wait.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

SOL = Stroke of Luck
Maybe he should have said "chewed up SOL hole".
Cliffy will fix it and all, but yeah, SOL is definitely starting to show some wear

"chewed up SOL hole" Really?? That is one of the cleaner SOL holes I have seen on a non HUO AFM… I'm assuming its not HUO. Even some HUO AFM's have SOL looking like that or worse.

Definitely on location but not heavily played and very clean! Its easily worth 7k...

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

"chewed up SOL hole" Really?? That is one of the cleaner SOL holes I have seen on a non HUO AFM… I'm assuming its not HUO. Even some HUO AFM's have SOL looking like that or worse.
Definitely on location but not heavily played and very clean! Worth an easy 7k...

No argument, I have seen SOL holes that look like literal craters from the moon.

I'll just say this, if I was selling that game, I'd specifically point out the damage. My FS ads can get a bit....lengthy. I haven't seen the seller's original FS ad; I am just going off of what the OP stated.

Not saying the seller tried to deceive the OP either. Anyone dropping that kind of money on an AFM knows the SOL is one of the first things to be blown up.

Quoted from jfh:

The only things that stood out to me when I saw the PF with the glass off was the wear at SOL - seemed worse than it should have been given the game's history...

Seems like it concerns the OP to me =/ ...

#12 9 years ago

No way at 8200. I would wait on that.

#13 9 years ago

I recently sold an afm with a beautiful clear coated playfield but faded cab for 7k. Took 2 months to sell.

#14 9 years ago

Do not go over 7, not in this market.. Let him sit on it for a while, and I bet he would take the 7 in the end...

But that SOL hole, like others said is nothing compared to others I have seen..

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

No way at 8200. I would wait on that.

Quoted from balboarules:

Do not go over 7, not in this market.. Let him sit on it for a while, and I bet he would take the 7 in the end...
But that SOL hole, like others said is nothing compared to others I have seen..

Agreed. I wouldn't pay much over $7k at all.

#16 9 years ago

I'm going to jump in and agree. $7k is top of the mark for this.

#17 9 years ago

Apparently pinside valuation of this title has drastically tanked. Good to know. Before mmr I really think this would have brought what the seller was asking.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Apparently pinside valuation of this title has drastically tanked. Good to know. Before mmr I really think this would have brought what the seller was asking.

If you've been paying attention its not just this title its all titles especially the higher end ones. The market is tanking... that may be too strong a word, how about reversing course somewhat. Tanking will come later when the floods (of new pins and pins that go up for sale to make room for new pins) start rising! And yes Its happening because of the remakes and many other things but that's for another thread... someone want to start one? With a poll I hope!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If you've been paying attention its not just this title its all titles especially the higher end ones. The market is tanking... that may be too strong a word, how about reversing course somewhat. Tanking will come later when the floods (of new pins and pins that go up for sale to make room for new pins) start rising! And yes Its happening because of the remakes and many other things but that's for another thread... someone want to start one? With a poll I hope!

Well, yeah, but it really doesn't hit home until you personally try to sell a machine. I usually do not sell, just buy. I may readjust my sell price on my afm. Or just keep it and enjoy it more.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I usually do not sell, just buy.

If that's the case I can see your future looks VERY bright!

fortuneteller.jpgfortuneteller.jpg

#22 9 years ago

8200-man, for a few grand more ill sell you my mint heatherly restored afm. i agree with others, don't go that high. if it wasn't faded and had a better SOL hole, then maybe. good luck with your decision.

#23 9 years ago

Thanks all.

The SOL wear isn't that bad and I don't think it would bother me since I would cliffy it and not worry about it.

That said, I think I'm going to pass on it for now. Decided to get a beautiful Addams for less and I don't have room for two new games at the moment.

BTW - I know the seller - we have dealt before and I would do so again without hesitation - and there was no misrepresentation, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to deal if we were agreed on price.

If anyone is interested in the game, PM me and I'll give you seller's info (not on Pinside). Game is in the northern Denver area and local sales are preferred.

(Game also has LEDs installed except for GI)

#24 9 years ago

how fried is the main board under the diodes or were they pulled and jumpered?

#25 9 years ago

deleted dup post.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

how fried is the main board under the diodes or were they pulled and jumpered?

I didn't pull the boards and examine them, but they looked far cleaner than usual for age and no obvious hacks/repairs. No red flags. Batteries off board, I think all serials matched, but not sure. Game played perfectly

#27 9 years ago

Heck I'd sell my AFM for about $8k and it has a new playfield, no fade and mods galore...

13.jpg13.jpg
#28 9 years ago

Well, just sold mine with SOL wear, but covered perfectly with a sticker overlay. Couldn't tell it was wear. There was the PF protector over it. CAb had literally no fade, but had a about 6-7 overall scratches and nicks in it, nothing major. Mostly in the head. Had full led kit and all brand new ramps. Was fully torn down and shopped to the max.

Sold it for $6900 like 5 days ago with no effort. In fact, wasn't for sale, Elvis was.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

came down to $8200.

ouch. still a little pricey.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I didn't pull the boards and examine them, but they looked far cleaner than usual for age and no obvious hacks/repairs. No red flags. Batteries off board, I think all serials matched, but not sure. Game played perfectly

If the diodes are still there then you will see the entire area around them blackened if it was on a lot. It won't be damaged necessarily, but just something to look out for. If you get it pull the diodes and jumper or 0ohm resistor them.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

If the diodes are still there then you will see the entire area around them blackened if it was on a lot. It won't be damaged necessarily, but just something to look out for. If you get it pull the diodes and jumper or 0ohm resistor them.

Great info to have - thanks!

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Well, just sold mine with SOL wear, but covered perfectly with a sticker overlay. Couldn't tell it was wear. There was the PF protector over it. CAb had literally no fade, but had a about 6-7 overall scratches and nicks in it, nothing major. Mostly in the head. Had full led kit and all brand new ramps. Was fully torn down and shopped to the max.
Sold it for $6900 like 5 days ago with no effort. In fact, wasn't for sale, Elvis was.

Wow someone got a good deal.

#33 9 years ago

That AFM has seen light use. The inserts look great and that is very minimal wear at the SOL hole. If you really want an AFM that is a great base game for a restoration, that one is a gem. I'd go 7 to 7.5K. If you could get it for under 7 consider yourself lucky.

#34 9 years ago

I'll bet it goes for 7.5K

#35 9 years ago

This isn't the popular view but in my opinion these B/W 90's games have had there hay day of high prices and I've owned this game it is great but no more so than The Shadow or JM, STTNG or even dare I say JD and Dr.Who. That being said I wouldn't pay more than 5000 for any game from that era, with all the new great stuff being made just not worth the high price.

#36 9 years ago

Careful, Haz. Feelings get hurt easily when AFM goes under attack :p.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This isn't the popular view but in my opinion these B/W 90's games have had there hay day of high prices and I've owned this game it is great but no more so than The Shadow or JM, STTNG or even dare I say JD and Dr.Who. That being said I wouldn't pay more than 5000 for any game from that era, with all the new great stuff being made just not worth the high price.

lol

#38 9 years ago

Every time I say anything negative regarding B/W's games this happens and Rob T is an owner which is almost always the case. I'm not trying to undervalue your pin its just my opinion, I'm done with overpriced 90's pins. I'm happy you love it and what it to retain its value but I'm sorry to say that it will drop and soon. Now you can laugh again. Oh and out loud.

#39 9 years ago

"All the new great stuff being made" that you refer to is what? None of the new stuff released thus far surpasses games like AFM, MB, or MM in terms of artwork or how fun and addicting they are to play.

Just because I own some of those great B/W pins means my opinion isn't valid? Why would it be surprising that I own the pins that I love the most?

If you are going to point out that I own some of those pins, why don't you also point out the fact that I have also owned most of the "new great stuff being made" as well? I think I have a pretty good basis for comparison.

I am far from a B/W snob. Again, a quick review of my collection history would tell you that.

My opinion is simple: you are wrong about the new pins being better, which is what you implied.

#40 9 years ago

AFM in this shape about $6,400 in the current market . One sold for $6,900 at auction 3 months ago that was totally restored with a new playfield. Prices have maybe slipped a tad since then. This game is great fun and I recommend it highly.

#41 9 years ago

Just because a pin was made in the 90's does not make todays pins better... Can you say the same thing about movies? Because a movie was made in the 90's or 80's it is not a good as what is made today?

A great game remains a great game.. AFM.. a GREAT GAME! Just like a Great movie remains a great movie.. Godfather, Rocky, Star Wars, Forrest Gump..

#42 9 years ago

I sold an afm with redecaled (decaled) cabinet and a with a new Mirco pf (uninstalled) for $7200 6 months ago. It had the bill ung saucer mod. hope that helps.

#43 9 years ago

forgot to mention that AFM is the best game i've ever played. I'm an idiot for selling mine.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Heck I'd sell my AFM for about $8k and it has a new playfield, no fade and mods galore...

13.jpg 157 KB

how many pm have you received since you posted this? more or less than 10?

#45 9 years ago

Sorry for your loss Dave... it is a shame you let it go. I let mine go years ago before the boom, for 3K...

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow someone got a good deal.

All my pins sell for those type of prices. No need to squeeze every dollar out. I just enjoy playing pinball

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I am far from a B/W snob.

I wish I could say that, but I really do love the B/W games from the 90's the best. Quite a few System 11 pins are a close second.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Sorry for your loss Dave... it is a shame you let it go. I let mine go years ago before the boom, for 3K...

bummer. i will get another one someday. that game has it all IMHO.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

AFM in this shape about $6,400 in the current market . One sold for $6,900 at auction 3 months ago that was totally restored with a new playfield.

This auction game has been mentioned before. Does that count the usual 20 percent taxes and fees?

being generous and saying it's 18 percent, that still brings the price up to $8150.

Also, ass-end Virginia isn't exactly the thrivingest pin market.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-nice-original-afm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.