4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by guard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

What is "fair market value" on a nice clean fully working Genie here in the North East? Exceptionally nice playfield & backglass and nice cabinet. I am not sure if this will go into the collection or be put up for sale but I need to decide in the next few days. Totally out of space and something needs to go! I have not gone through it yet but from what I could see plastics, apron, etc all look to be in excellent condition. I'll know more in a day or two.

#5 4 years ago

Looking it over rather quickly when I picked it up today it looked about as nice as it gets for an unrestored machine. Typically these days I am trying to avoid buying machines completely but when one of the guys I regularly grab machines from contacts me it is hard to say no. Over the years I have learned if you say no a couple times to a "flipper" they stop calling you and start calling someone else. So even though I am totally maxed out space wise I had to go pick this and a couple arcade machines up this afternoon.

I'll shop it out and make sure it is 100% before I put it up for sale just to be 100% sure I don't want to keep it in the collection for a while. We don't currently own a System 1 machine and it is nice to have one of every system machine to be able to test boards & parts in. I am not normally a fan of "super" wide body machines but some of the Gottlieb Super Wides play pretty decent.

#6 4 years ago

I was thinking $1350 as far as selling price but it has been a long time since I have sold a fully working super nice System 1 machine so I wasn't sure how the market was on them these days. Then with Genie being a "Super Wide" I didn't know how demand would be either.

When you are not selling on a regular bases it is hard to keep track of where things are at. I still look at machines like Space Shuttle, High Speed & F-14 as machines that should be selling at around $900 to $1200 but these days it seems like you need to add about $500 to that!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-nice-gottlieb-genie-machine?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.