• 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NoQuarters
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wait, what (resized).jpg

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was very clear in my very first post... 4400 to 5000 is the current price on NIB TWDpro.
You should be able to find prices in that range from calling aruond to any of the typical distributors. You should get a better price if they have extra on hand. You should get a better price if you have a relationship. You should get a better price if you are buying multiples (i.e. making it a group buy with some buddies to reduce disto hassle by doing all the leg work and shipping multiples to one spot).

Would’ve been better to have said that to begin with is all I’m saying. But who knows could’ve still gotten on the shit you’ve gotten so far. This is Pinside after all. Haha

#152 6 years ago

I just bought a TWD pro for $4900. I called around and everywhere was quoting between 5 and 5200. I wish someone would've quoted 4400.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

appears you are the guy that hides in annonymity on the internet that says things you would never say in person.
I find it funny and slightly sad.

And what does my anonymity have to do with you lying?

Typical behaviour of someone being deceitful. Get called out?
Attempt to switch the conversation to something totally unrelated.

To recap, someone asked for a price for a NIB TWD, you quote a range, you later justify the price with a bunch
of conditions, probably none that apply to the OP.

I don't believe for a second he wanted to know what great deals you claim to get on pins.

He was asking what HE could get a NIB TWD for.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

He was asking what HE could get a NIB TWD for.

If you are going to even attempt to put together a reasonably constructed call out post, you really need to learn how to read at minimum...

Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally have been quoted 4400-5000 on TWDpro recently from ditributors

He can expect to get a TWD NIB PRO for somewhere between 4400 and 5000.

I probably should have tried to make that more clear somehow, lol.

I have not lied once about anything I have posted in this thread. Your inability to read and or comprehend is a bit concerning TBT.

In case you need some verification that others are finding them in that same range>>>

Quoted from Deez:

I just bought a TWD pro for $4900

guessing that included delivery?

#155 6 years ago

LOL, to be fair, he was asking for the price of a TWD Premium.

Who's inability to read is a bit concerning?

And how does a guy buying at $4900 prove that you can buy one for $4400?

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Dave H >>you edited the full quote, lol.

First, editing implies changing a quote, and if I did that, you could report me to the mods as that is clearly a violation of Pinside rules.

Second, I obviously don't care about 5000 dollar quotes for a NIB TWD. I can get that any day of the week. I am specifically talking about a $4400 NIB TWD from a reputable dealer.

I guess I should just drop this with you here because continually calling you out on mistruths isn't really productive. It if you keep posting it, I'll be left without any choice but to keep calling it out.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I am specifically talking about a $4400 NIB TWD from a reputable dealer.

sorry, that one is gone and you missed it.

Why dont you tell us specifically what prices you have been quoted and from which dealers. I would like to hear what you are getting and from who. I mean afterall, you claim to have no issue with that and want to name names...

From what you are saying it sounds like you are getting quotes right in the range I was (besides the 4400 which is long gone; as normally happens distros sometimes discount to get rid of games quickly with zero hassle.) I am sure that 4400 was timing and relaitonship, but I also am sure many others would have gotten that same quote had they contacted the same dealer on that same day.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just call some distributors and find out. This is not the place to discuss pricing on new games.

This is the perfect place to discuss pricing on new games...why should someone who is just getting into the hobby get screwed by overpaying for a game? you should be able to get a NIB premium TWD for $6800 delivered

#159 6 years ago

Okay. So throwing out the $4,400 unicorn which is probably not available, what is the new range of prices for TWD pro?

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This is the perfect place to discuss pricing on new games...why should someone who is just getting into the hobby get screwed by overpaying for a game? you should be able to get a NIB premium TWD for $6800 delivered

Why should we even discuss pricing though when you have a veteran pinsider who won’t help anyone out and tell them where the good deals are at? Anybody can come on here and say.....I just bought a TWD Pro for 4400: then the noobs eyes light up and he says where...where...where?? Then the person posting that says......well I’m not going to tell you that grasshopper, you must figure that part out on your own.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Should I expect to pay $5100 for a NIB Met Pro from a distributor? NIB pricing is such a pain

Yes, right around there.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Okay. So throwing out the $4,400 unicorn which is probably not available, what is the new range of prices for TWD pro?

Availability, location, if you go to get it, and who you deal with are all going to determine the price of a 4900-5200 TWD pro. You may even find one that was opened for a show or tournament for a few hundred less than 5k - technically not new.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

guessing that included delivery?

Nope delivery was an additional $200.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why should we even discuss pricing though when you have a veteran pinsider who won’t help anyone out and tell them where the good deals are at? Anybody can come on here and say.....I just bought a TWD Pro for 4400: then the noobs eyes light up and he says where...where...where?? Then the person posting that says......well I’m not going to tell you that grasshopper, you must figure that part out on your own.

Discussing realistic NIB pricing is very reasonable, and if I'm asked I will tell someone....throwing out BS numbers is an entirely different issue

#165 6 years ago

Well thanks a lot for being so open!!

Here are some tips on how to maybe get a slight discount. Maybe. Maybe.

Consistency - You have to buy from the same dealer.

Volume- you can't buy 1 NIB every 3 years and want a discount.

Refer-send folks to the dealer for a NiB every now and then.

Talk only- you can't ever get any quotes through emails or texts. Call!

Trust - you need to be super tight with the seller - Like kind of friends with them. See them at shows and talk about life friends. You can not go on Pinside and talk about a slight discount that may have happened. Nope. Never. Ever. Can't do it. Don't do it! If the seller senses you are not cool about this they will never want to deal with you. Why should they? Sell a game for less and then get penalized?! That would suck! If you do this you are a crap customer. So be cool.

Any combination of above could work. Maybe.

All this above could happen, but takes time to get there with someone. It is not normal or the standard of things at all. Nope. It is easier to just forget about all this for maybe $100-$200 off and just keep it simple and simply like doing business with the person you are dealing with. Dealers do not like having folks bust their chops for a price below floor when they can get in trouble for doing so. They are not getting rich selling pins.

So this whole thread is a waste of time besides getting floor pricing from people. Don't expect discount prices and/or full disclosure from anyone, or at least anyone who is cool.

#166 6 years ago

I don't have a lot of spare cash laying around, but am willing to spend some money so as to get in on these great deals. NIB Stern's for $4.4k delivered has me willing to scratch that itch. Any dealers going out of business wanting to closeout their NIB inventory or to any "uncool dealers" - I'll take a ST, GOT & GB. Willing to go $4.8k on SW (it has lcd's for crying out loud). At the real price ranges mentioned, I'll pass on all.

#167 6 years ago

I’ve had several experiences that say it’s possible that someone can fetch a Stern Pro for $4500. I’m not going to go into details, because I highly doubt I could swing that kind of deal at the moment... I’m just an ordinary collector, no special status... but if you know the right person (like some eluded to above), you could certainly fetch that deal.

One idea: start a podcast and plug the hell out of a certain brand. You’re almost certain to have deals thrown at you. Know what I mean, bro?

3 weeks later
#168 6 years ago

Mailbox still empty waiting for a fantastical price on a NIB TWD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-nib-twd/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.