• 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NoQuarters
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wait, what (resized).jpg

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

So with stern new price increases, does anyone know what a fair price is on walking dead premiums from a distributor? I heard that stern may be doing a final rub of them soon and was considering one.

#2 6 years ago

I would consider either a prem or pro. So I’m interested in this info as well

#4 6 years ago

Just call some distributors and find out. This is not the place to discuss pricing on new games.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just call some distributors and find out. This is not the place to discuss pricing on new games.

You are correct, and I still strongly disagree with this Stern policy. They now have minimum prices that should be 100% the same from every distributor. Yet we still can’t say the price out loud?

#6 6 years ago

Information has value.

Hiding this information from customers has the end affect of increasing profits for distributors and manufacturers. Policy makes sense (for them).

I'd say more about it but

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

actually THIS is exactly the place to discuss pricing!

This is a hobby forum despite some people from Stern thinking that the more they can keep secret, the better.

TWD pro originally sold for 4200 to 4500 depending on your distributor. Stern has since had 2 price hikes and people have been getting SWpro for 5000-5400 depending on your distributor.

I personally have been quoted 4400-5000 on TWDpro recently from ditributors, but with many HUO ones with lots of mods on the market for similar or less money I think that is the way to go.

I heard from an insider that Stern is thinking about running a Vault edition of TWD which will include a walker bomb and the Pro ramp (i.e. a better combination of the pro/prem model) They will likely upcharge for this but that would be the best model of them all. Despite people with the prem/le trying to say the left ramp is fine after modification, the pro ramp is clearly better. Only thing missing from the pro that would be great to have is the bomb button and the spinner.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is a hobby forum despite some people from Stern thinking that the more they can keep secret, the better.
TWD pro originally sold for 4200 to 4500 depending on your distributor. Stern has since had 2 price hikes and people have been getting SWpro for 5000-5400 depending on your distributor.
I personally have been quoted 4400-5000 on TWDpro recently from ditributors, but with many HUO ones with lots of mods on the market for similar or less money I think that is the way to go.
I heard from an insider that Stern is thinking about running a Vault edition of TWD which will include a walker bomb and the Pro ramp (i.e. a better combination of the pro/prem model) They will likely upcharge for this but that would be the best model of them all. Despite people with the prem/le trying to say the left ramp is fine after modification, the pro ramp is clearly better. Only thing missing from the pro that would be great to have is the bomb button and the spinner.

Thanks for the input! I was thinking of the premium but this at least gives me some idea for when I call.

When I bought my first NIB game years ago I had someone tell me what they were quoted. This really helped as I had to call a number of people and do some haggling to get that price

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Isn’t the deal now you can say what you paid but not who you paid it to? Save the second part for PM? Seems like people will discuss pricing in the game-specific threads.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Isn’t the deal now you can say what you paid but not who you paid it to? Save the second part for PM? Seems like people will discuss pricing in the game-specific threads.

It's just better to get those answers through PM in my opinion.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Wait, I don't get it. How can Stern prevent the customer from discussing what they paid for a game and who they got it from? I understand why I distributor wouldn't be able to because Stern could stop doing business with them but how can they prevent a customer?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please explain how it helps any actual buyers to not discuss price ranges offered in public?

Reality is that people talk 1 on 1. I have seen it many times where someone over pays on their first NIB game, then 5 months later meets more people and finds out they over paid by 4, 5, or even 600. If you care about your fellow hobbyists then you just share info and tell them to call around.

It at least helps them to get a better idea of a range going in.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Disagree - I think it’s useful info for potential buyers, especially new guys. Plus how can you have threads complaining about the rising price of NIB pins if no one knows the actual prices?

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Wait, I don't get it. How can Stern prevent the customer from discussing what they paid for a game and who they got it from? I understand why I distributor wouldn't be able to because Stern could stop doing business with them but how can they prevent a customer?

Stern cannot directly of course. But I thought it was a Pinside policy at some point (to protect distributors from getting in trouble with Stern). Maybe that changed after Stern introduced minimum pricing though?

#15 6 years ago

Distributors and Stern don't like prices and who is selling for that price discussed publicly since it will lower their profits (by creating competition between distributors). Better to keep customers thinking that MSRP is the price.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ok, so please post the Distributor that quoted you $4400 for TWD NIB recently. Thanks!

#17 6 years ago

Wow, didn't know this would be such an issue...I appreciate the input on price..as far as it being a problem..if you don't like talking about it I guess don't click on the thread? If I've upset the web host or moderator please let me know and I'll take the conversation somewhere else. Thanks again!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ok, so please post the Distributor that quoted you $4400 for TWD NIB recently. Thanks!

Yeah exactly. I don't believe that happened personally so I'd like to know where I can get a NIB for 4400. Please tell us Whysnow

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sez you bucko !!

I prefer the lifting jackbot style ramp. Way cooler.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Stern cannot directly of course. But I thought it was a Pinside policy at some point (to protect distributors from getting in trouble with Stern). Maybe that changed after Stern introduced minimum pricing though?

I had no idea that was a Pinside policy, and wasn't even thinking about it from that point of view, but yeah I can see how that makes sense.

#21 6 years ago

The reason to not post prices and who sells them is that Stern has a price floor to level out competition. If Stern catches someone selling below floor they can penalize the seller. This is why if you have a seller who may sell for less then the floor you don't go on a public forum and blab about it. Wink.

Why does it work this way? Here is my take - If you have a 40000 SQFT showroom it would be nice to not be undersold by someone with a 120 SQFT showroom seller who is happy with making $50 per sale. If that plays out the 40000 SQFT. seller says "Sterns aren't selling, so I am dropping them". Then a month later the 120 SQFT seller who sold a lot of pins, but never really made any money can't pay the rent, so he files chap 11 and can't sell pins anymore either. Doh! JJP must have similar price floors. I could be wrong, but that is what I have come up with.

Bottom line is pretty much anyone who is selling these NIb games is not getting super rich or anything and really likes doing what they do. The ones I know are really good people personally also. Best bet is to call around and not go on PS and ask.

#22 6 years ago

Discussing pricing is a good move especially for people new to the hobby, BUT who you brought from/who is selling what for what, needs to be kept private and discussed via pm, that way no one is dropping anyone else in the sh#t.

#23 6 years ago

Discussing price is literally ALL we ever do around here and it’s pretty fuggin’ lame.

If anybody can’t be bothered with the laborious task of sliding a DM into the mailbox of someone who might know the best price on something they deserve to pay $400 more for their pinball machine.

#24 6 years ago

The Stern management is holding their breath between refreshing their browsers this morning as they read this.

They have their policies and we have to ability to discuss things among ourselves. No big problem. We can all pretend on the forum that we don’t know diifferent prices.

Sure, it would be nice to have it all laid out in this forum. I really don’t mind making a few calls or emails before spending thousands of dollars to get the same information. Better yet, I just use my reliable Distro that has given me great service and don’t worry about the small difference.

#25 6 years ago

you should be able to get a premium for $6795 delivered....not sure about the pro pricing....

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If anybody can’t be bothered with the laborious task of sliding a DM into the mailbox of someone who might know

I wish someone would slide a DM into my mailbox. It’d totally be worth building a pin-sized mailbox if I thought that might happen.

#27 6 years ago

I'm in Chicago looking for a pro walking dead.. can someone PM me a good price that I should be able to get from a local distributor or shipped price for a TWD pro? I'm ready to buy. I think its also ridiculous you have to "call" for a price. I already have a price from GAP btw. Thanks.

#28 6 years ago

People will discuss price, but don’t expect them to give up their distro sources so you can swoop in on their deal.

Everyone looks for a deal.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I'm in Chicago looking for a pro walking dead.. can someone PM me a good price that I should be able to get from a local distributor or shipped price for a TWD pro? I'm ready to buy. I think its also ridiculous you have to "call" for a price. I already have a price from GAP btw. Thanks.

Shoot Whysnow a PM, sounds like he’s done this research recently so should be able to help you.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Shoot whysnow a PM, sounds like he’s done this research recently so should be able to help you.

just did thanks!

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Shoot whysnow a PM, sounds like he’s done this research recently so should be able to help you.

He said he thinks it should be discussed publicly, so id like to know where I can get my 4400 dollar pro at.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He said he thinks it should be discussed publicly, so id like to know where I can get my 4400 dollar pro at.

Shoot him a PM and ask him to post it in this thread.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Shoot him a PM and ask him to post it in this thread.

No need to, he's reading it trust me. He bailed when Pinnyheadhead called him out. He knows that he can't provide that information to is because it's false.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

You should be able to get a NIB shipped for ~$5100. Anything much less than that is BS and should get that distros license pulled by Stern. Shipping is already baked into the price from so there's really no getting around it, even if you were to pick it up locally. But of course, you pay tax locally so add that in if you don't use a distro from out of state.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No need to, he's reading it trust me. He bailed when Pinnyheadhead called him out. He knows that he can't provide that information to is because it's false.

sorry, was busy enjoying this nice fall morning with the pups. I already said it... I provided prices and said to call around.
it is really not that hard... Now the OP knows the general range he can expect to hear from distributors. If he calls around he should find a similar range. If he gets quoted higher numbers then he knows someone is trying to take him for a few hundred extra since he is new.

I am sure some distributors quote me lower since they know lots of games come in this way. I am sure others quote me higher because they dont like me or want my business. Reality is with a little effort anyone should be able to find the prices I posted from any distributor.

I also note that i think there are better deals to be had on HUO and modded examples of Pros currently. That is where I suggest the OP go when shopping. Why take a risk on ghosted inserts, busted cabs, and pealing decals when he can buy a game with a few hundred plays for less...

Quoted from Whysnow:

If you care about your fellow hobbyists then you just share info and tell them to call around.

#37 6 years ago

My understanding is the last run of TWD is in progress now. I have walking dead pro instock and Premiums on order. But as others have said you have to call for pricing because of Sterns rules. Feel free to call me if you want

303-931-3685

JJ

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

My understanding is the last run of TWD is in progress now. I have walking dead pro instock and Premiums on order. But as others have said you have to call for pricing because of Sterns rules. Feel free to call me if you want
303-931-3685
JJ

I can confirm that JJ is a good dude. A little weird in the trex suit, but still cool in my book

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It is not Pinside policy. People may post what they allege a distributor sold them a game for. Do keep in mind there have been price hikes sense TWD originally was released so im not sure how useful a two year old sales price would be today.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I think its also ridiculous you have to "call”

It’s not hard.

Let me Google that for you.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+make+a+phone+call

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can confirm that JJ is a good dude. A little weird in the trex suit, but still cool in my book

Lol This year is was a drunken me riding around on the back of Mario

JJ

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It is not Pinside policy. People may post what they allege a distributor sold them a game for. Do keep in mind there have been price hikes sense TWD originally was released so im not sure how useful a two year old sales price would be today.

Thanks for the clarification.

Now post away, @whysnow! The shackles of my inaccurate statement of Pinside rules have been removed. If you can get the guy a $4400 NIB TWD, hook him up!

#43 6 years ago

Ok, with that all out of the way, the last quote I got for TWD was $5100. That was obviously after all the price hikes. I didn't think it was worth it. However, I obviously felt that AC/DC VE Pro was worth it. But that was because I really wanted the game. At some point I'll grab a HUO TWD, because I really like the game.

I haven't seen anything close to the 4400 discussed above in years. A while back they had popped up to 4800 unless you "knew" someone, and then quickly went to 4900, and then 5100. The newer games like SW and AS are more normally, I've heard rumors of 52-5400, but none of them have been interesting enough to get a quote because the pricing is too high for what you get.

If there is a reputable distributor that is going to sell me a NIB TWD Pro for 4400, feel free to PM me and let me know where I should send the check. That would look great in my gameroom.

#44 6 years ago

Ditto - I'd take a TWD Pro NIB for $4400 shipped from a reputable distributor also - if your that guy send me a PM.

#45 6 years ago

At $4400, I'll take 3 current NIB Sterns.

I already have TWD, so maybe GOT, GB, and KISS (would've gone with AS and SW but I know the LCD pins can't be had for $4400).

#46 6 years ago

I am 100% in support of publicly discussing prices. I am not a Stern employee, I am not a distributor and pinside is not owned by Stern so we can freely discuss prices all we want. Why people try to self impose a ban on discussing prices is beyond me, I don't get it. I overpaid on my first pin a few years ago and I am still bitter about it. I had no idea distributors even existed and I didn't know pinside existed. If I could have got this information off a forum like this it could have saved me a TON of money. 3 years ago I purchased a new Star Trek Pro pin from TNT amusements and they overcharged me $800 for it, really sucks I had no clue.

I've been curious lately about prices of new Sterns. Does each title vary a little bit in price? I was told by a distributor that ACDC Premium was $7,200 shipped. More interested in what the new Guardians pin will be priced at.

#47 6 years ago

Should I expect to pay $5100 for a NIB Met Pro from a distributor? NIB pricing is such a pain

#48 6 years ago

Yes. $51 is the floor for non LCD games.

#49 6 years ago

Interesting discussion..I snicker at the supposed to be secrecy of pricing. Hasn't anyone seen how now their are websites that discuss what buyers have paid for cars,example www.Trucar.com?
It's all part of freedom of speech and Stern or any forum can't stop that or could open themselves up to a lawsuit. That's the reality of it. If a distro has a contract not to discuss that of course is different but as a buyer=discuss away.
I overpaid for my Twd pro with shaker, at that time I didn't know better but with you guys and your input on prices I do.
-Mike

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yes. $51 is the floor for non LCD games.

Agreed, 5100 is the floor for non-LCD games. I’m not sure why that got a downvote, but if someone knows different, feel free to say it here.

And my inbox is still empty of emails from reputable distributors offering a NIB TWD for $4400 from my post above.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-nib-twd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.