Price Check: NIB Stern Elvis Gold

By TheDrewster

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I know a guy that has one for sale. Brand new, still affixed to the pallet, virgin as the day it rolled off the truck. Whats the market value for a brand new unopened Elvis Gold?

#2 10 years ago

probably no as high as you think. Someone decided to sit on the wrong game for an investment. Still worth more than it was new tho, so it isn't all bad.

#3 10 years ago

$3000-$3500 maybe. He's going to need to find an Elvis fan/collector; boring game.

#4 10 years ago

Look for battery acid damage before you buy it...

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

$3000-$3500 maybe. He's going to need to find an Elvis fan/collector; boring game.

I doubt you'll find an Elvis Gold for $3500, that's around the going rate for a HUO standard Elvis.

#6 10 years ago

Possible battery acid damage and planking on the playfield if kept in an unheated warehouse in a climate with cold winters.

Two winters ago, I visited an operator in Iowa that had a NIB Elvis Gold sitting in his unheated warehouse, He only turned on the heat when he needed to work on machines and had visitors like me. He had leaking roofs in his other two warehouses and pins were rusting.

He thought he was sitting on a gold mine. He wanted $8K at the time for it. Very sad.

#8 10 years ago

At least... I would say a NIB Elvis Gold for $5k would sell very quickly. You can throw mint HUO Elvis Golds on Ebay and get well over $5k. If you're interested in one and you could get it under $6k you're doing just fine.

What does he want?

#9 10 years ago

Bought a really nice HUO Elvis gold about a month ago for $4300 and it sat for a while on CL.

Not sure what a NIB premium would be over a HUO.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Bought a really nice HUO Elvis gold about a month ago for $4300 and it sat for a while on CL.

Not sure what a NIB premium would be over a HUO.

Wow. I sold a HUO regular for $4400. I thought you sold that Elvis in like a day or something?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

At least... I would say a NIB Elvis Gold for $5k would sell very quickly. You can throw mint HUO Elvis Golds on Ebay and get well over $5k. If you're interested in one and you could get it under $6k you're doing just fine.
What does he want?

I agree easy 5k+ for nib gold.

#12 10 years ago

I am interested-pm me if he needs to sell quickly

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good luck getting it for that price....

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Assuming the game was stored properly, I think you're WAY off the mark here.

#15 10 years ago

Seen one last year take several weeks on local Craigslist for 3,400. Yes it was a gold and was relisted for several weeks before it dissappeared. Elvis is one of those machines where the right person has to have the appeal for the theme. Its not one of those that are sought after by the actual pinball community, more a novelty for music fans and fans of Elvis.

#16 10 years ago

To an Elvis collector $$$$...Otherwise, wrong game to covert...(Sorry, not a blue swede shoes fan)

#17 10 years ago

One of the few music pins with good music.

#18 10 years ago

How in god's name is this game worth that much? 5k? For that? I can't argue with a market-set price, but jeebus...

I've played it quite a bit, and it's really not THAT bad, but it's such a niche market of people that love Elvis + people that love pinball + people that fit both of those and would use the space on this instead of a better game.... I dunno.. I just don't get it. The only thing I haven't done on the game on the route one that's on location is get the wizard mode. Maybe it will happen tonight. We'll see.

#19 10 years ago

I would value a regular NIB Elvis at at least $4K. In my eyes, the fact that this is the limited edition "Gold" version makes it worth more. I realize Elvis may not be the most popular game, but to the right collector, this would be quite a find.

#20 10 years ago

I had to get an Elvis for several reasons:

1) The King and I share a birthday, January 8th. (Plus he was born in the year my Dad was born!)

2) It's gone now, but I have fond memories of playing the one at Chuck E. Cheese and winning 150 ticket tickets on a regular basis when my daughter was little, despite it having recurring maintenance issues. (Or perhaps it was because of those issues, kept the award score low!) I'll never forget cashing them in for her on one of the top shelf prizes that "no one ever wins"! I even stopped to play a few times by myself, it was fun explaining why a middle aged man would want to come in without any kids!

3) It's a much better game than most give it credit for. (It is a Steve Ritchie, after all.) The HUO one I bought plays like a dream in comparison the the CEC one. I've had it a while now and still haven't gotten close to visiting Graceland.

4) The animated Elvis, swinging his hips and raising and lowering the mic to the music, and moving forward and back always brings a smile to my face. Makes Mick on a Stick look especially sad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-nib-stern-elvis-gold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.