PRICE CHECK: NiB Hulk Le?

By tpellowe

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Thinking of selling my NIB Hulk LE to cover some recent pin acquisitions. You guys have provided considerable advice to keep and not sell due to scarcity; however should I sell, what is fair? Thanks-

#2 11 years ago

7k, keep it.

#3 11 years ago

Yep, wait a year.

#4 11 years ago

Somewhere in the upper 6ks. They can be had HUO in the mid 6ks, sometimes even slightly lower. Now is not the time to sell it.

#5 11 years ago

Distributors still have them, game has issues, there are at least 5 HUO for sale here. 6500 can get you a NIB one from a distributor. Like any other investment: sell now and use the funds to make another deal or sit and hold and possibly creep down ala xmen, transformers, avatar. This game will never be acdc or Tron LE.

#6 11 years ago

Guys, let's be fair. $6,500 ain't gonna get you a NIB Hulk. Maybe a Blue LE but not a HULK.

#7 11 years ago

"Guys, let's be fair. $6,500 ain't gonna get you a NIB Hulk. Maybe a Blue LE but not a HULK. "

Agreed.$7500 for a top ten #.$7k for an average production #NIB.
What game coming out now doesn't have issues ?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Agreed.$7500 for a top ten #.$7k for an average production #NIB.

and people wonder why pin prices are spiralling out of control... $500 more simply for a "top ten" serial number???

#9 11 years ago

One sold locally here last week HUO for $ 6250.00 game was flawless. Prices on this one Seem to be falling more steadily now that the pinside hype is over. I like the game and didn't order one, but if the price hits the mid 5's for huo I'm a buyer.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

One sold locally here last week HUO for $ 6250.00 game was flawless. Prices on this one Seem to be falling more steadily now that the pinside hype is over. I like the game and didn't order one, but if the price hits the mid 5's for huo I'm a buyer.

One BIBLE sold in my area for $6K in June 2012.
When I was in Virginia a SM sold for $3,900 in February of 2011.

#11 11 years ago

Wait till the distributers sell out and then watch that game go up 1k in value over night. Just my two cents. Fun but very challenging game.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wait till the distributers sell out and then watch that game go up 1k in value over night. Just my two cents. Fun but very challenging game.

Demand has to be there...that's the only way prices go up....so, we'll see. I don't really see over the top interest perking up on this title...but, you never know. Not every new game should be expected to be a value-climber.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Demand has to be there...that's the only way prices go up....so, we'll see. I don't really see over the top interest perking up on this title...but, you never know. Not every new game should be expected to be a value-climber.

Agreed about demand. But this theme is a very good one and the Avengers are going to keep having blockbusters, together and in independent movies, that may keep this game in the lime light. Also, I doubt we will be seeing another game with this color package for a long time.

I think it is "relatively safe" to hold onto it and expect it's value to rise once distributers are out of stock.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed about demand. But this theme is a very good one and the Avengers are going to keep having blockbusters, together and in independent movies, that may keep this game in the lime light. Also, I doubt we will be seeing another game with this color package for a long time.
I think it is "relatively safe" to hold onto it and expect it's value to rise once distributers are out of stock.

You never know in pinball land. Tron isn't really a great mainstream theme yet that pin skyrocketed. Avatar is the #1 grossing film of all time w/ sequels to come, yet its value remains stagnant. Avengers is #3 w/ sequels to come. X-Men is a huge franchise w/ popular comics, cartoons, and movies (like Avengers). Is X-Men going to rise in value? Unlike Avengers, there isn't even a premium w/ X-Men....but I sorta feel like X-Men's gonna stay where it is.

But hey...who knows...flip a coin.

#15 11 years ago

Avatar movie blew chunks and I dont care what the box office says, with no xmen premiums I think that title balances out and rises in price a little in a year or so. Tron is such a visually stimulating game with cool ramps, me likey ramps!

Quoted from Rarehero:

But hey...who knows...flip a coin.

Agreed!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Avatar movie blew chunks and I dont care what the box office says,

You should care what the box office says. That means people went back MULTIPLE times. People don't do that unless they like it. People don't buy DVDs and Blu-Rays unless they like it. Sales prove they like it. Those people clearly aren't pinball collectors, though....lol. So, while a "hugely popular franchise" can help sell machines NIB, it doesn't always guarantee secondary market values go up.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Avatar movie blew chunks and I dont care what the box office says, with no xmen premiums I think that title balances out and rises in price a little in a year or so. Tron is such a visually stimulating game with cool ramps, me likey ramps!

Agreed!

Agreed fully. avatar may have done well at the box office but it's IP is WAY less valuable than Avengers. Box office alone is not the end all be all of theme'ing or reflective of how valuable the IP is.

As another example, Avatar made more money than any single star wars movie. Would anyone ever suggest avatars ip is worth even one tenth of what stars wars is worth?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed fully. Avatar may have done well at the box office but it's IP is WAY less valuable than Avengers. Box office alone is not the end all be all of theme'ing or reflective of how valuable the IP is.
As another example, Avatar made more money than any single Star Wars movie. Would anyone ever suggest avatars ip is worth even one tenth of what stars wars is worth?

How's the value holding on those DE SW, Sega SW, and SW Ep1 pins, eh?

Also, in regards to IP, SW is a 30-something year old franchise. Avatar is only a few years old, sequels to come.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You should care what the box office says.

I should but I don't, doesnt matter to me what the sheep shell out to go watch a movie in the theaters, I literally go to the theatre once every other year.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How's the value holding on those DE SW, Sega SW, and SW Ep1 pins, eh?
Also, in regards to IP, SW is a 30-something year old franchise. Avatar is only a few years old, sequels to come.

LOL. All you say is true...but those games you reference are generally inferior players to others of the era. Theme is not all, which is what your point was anyway, well made.

#21 11 years ago

I see Avengers eventually seeing the IM love but it will take time. Heck, I never played IM until I went to Khabbi's and I was like..."I've gotta own this machine."

So, you never really do know.

#22 11 years ago

Egg, the OP asked....how much is it worth in your opinion?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Egg, the OP asked....how much is it worth in your opinion?

Not sure what your post means.

#24 11 years ago

You never gave your opinion of how much you think the game is worth. You gave opinion of others but never shared your thoughts.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

You never gave your opinion of how much you think the game is worth. You gave opinion of others but never shared your thoughts.

You never list the games you own, you only have opinions on the games others own.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LOL. All you say is true...but those games you reference are generally inferior players to others of the era. Theme is not all, which is what your point was anyway, well made.

Right, it really comes down to the pinball collector community really going nutty-nuts for a game so much that there's more demand than supply....and it usually takes some time so people can actually PLAY the games. Tron and IM took a little while to pick up steam. Maybe that will happen with Avengers. Reviews right now are mixed, but I see a lot of opinions like my own - it's a pretty neat game but I don't feel any overwhelming compulsion to own one. What changes that? *shrug*

#27 11 years ago

Basically you don't see bumps until the game is gone from the distributor's inventory.

Happened with Tron, Iron Man, and Spider-man Black. By that time code is up to snuff, so that helps with the value, I especially saw that with Spider-man when I was in the market for one when they initially came out.

Price appreciation because of lack of inventory happened big time with AC/DC. There was such demand, from here and abroad, inventory cleared out fast compared to other Stern pins. It was the quickest price spike I have ever seen. Even Premiums have not slowed the demand.

Tron LE was quick but it still took about a year for the big price jumps.

X-men and Avengers are leveled off and slightly down because there are NIB machines still in inventory. They can't go up when there is still NIB stock selling at 7k. 7k is their ceiling for now. Premiums add to stock as they are a little cheaper with most of the same features and you are seeing the rotation of owners that bought NIB selling as HUO for other purchases. So I would guess Avengers might take a little longer to appreciate.

X-men inventory took longer to move out because of Aux. boards and incomplete code had people dumping the pin quicker than they normally would have. This saturated the market and kept inventory in distributor's hands. Best case scenario is it becomes an Iron Man when inventory is gone.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Basically you don't see bumps until the game is gone from the distributor's inventory.

Well...unless it's Automated Services.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm confused how this is relevant info ? Last week sale here vs last 2 years sales of 2 completely different games ?????

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

I'm confused how this is relevant info ? Last week sale here vs last 2 years sales of 2 completely different games ?????

My bad YO...thought you were smarter.

What the heck...let me explain. You mentioned that the game is available for $6,200 after only 3 months on the market. There are many other games (SM, Tron, IM, LOTR) that have all gained value a year + after they were introduced. My point is, if you are going to come on here with BS statements like that then you are going to get called out.

Have you even played the game at least 50 times?

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Well...unless it's Automated Services.

Yeah, Automated Services is a different beast.

Automated Services buys so much inventory, that they are the last one to have inventory left. With NIB dried up from other distributors, they raise the prices.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Well, pick the two best, proven stern's ever made, and sure the price has gone up. What about Avatar LE, X-men LE, and Transformers LE?

Hulk's fate is still to be determined IMO. I know about as many people that hate the game as I do that love the game, so who really knows? As it stands right now I don't think you could consider The Avengers to be a "hot" or "one of Stern's best".

I would price a used Hulk at around $6500 or so at this point in time? Not sure what I'd let mine go for, but that's what I would start at.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Well, pick the two best, proven stern's ever made, and sure the price has gone up.

With all due respect, I think you are both missing the point. The point IS, that I am not saying Avengers is a winner or loser anymore than I was saying those two games mentioned above were a winner or loser 3 months in. I'm just saying, it's TOO early to form an opinion...especially if you haven't even played the GD game more than 8 times at a friend's house.

Secondly, thousands have not even played the game and are forming an opinion. It will take enough time to get a good sample to even validate whether or not the game deserves it's spot on either chart (best or the worst).

Third, as it stood three months after they were released, you could not claim ACDC nor SM to be better than LOR or TSPP...could you? If you could, then you are full of BS. Oh, and I'm using you in "third" person so whoever is offended...get over it.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

With all due respect, I think you are both missing the point. The point IS, that I am not saying Avengers is a winner or loser anymore than I was saying those two games mentioned above were a winner or loser 3 months in. I'm just saying, it's TOO early to form an opinion...especially if you haven't even played the GD game more than 8 times at a friend's house.
Secondly, thousands have not even played the game and are forming an opinion. It will take enough time to get a good sample to even validate whether or not the game deserves it's spot on either chart (best or the worst).
Third, as it stood three months after they were released, you could not claim ACDC nor SM to be better than LOR or TSPP...could you? If you could, then you are full of BS. Oh, and I'm using you in "third" person so whoever is offended...get over it.

You are so obvious in Your posts.

You own Avengers so You try and pump up value. Whatever You don't own You dog other peoples posts. I think You've been called out on this before so think real hard before You reply...LOL

You replied on my post for my Wolverine with negative crap.

If I didn't want to get to 15 games from my current lineup of 30 it would stay.

Look at everything You've sold in Your collection. A lot of great games that are gone and You wound up with Avengers that isn't the greatest of games! Let's see how long before You sell Avengers.

Your past games...Are they all garbage also:

Monster Bash
Williams, 1998

X-Men (Premium/LE)
Stern, 2012

Spider-Man
Stern, 2007

TRON: Legacy (LE)
Stern, 2011

World Cup
Williams, 1978

World Poker Tour
Stern, 2006

Sharpshooter
Game Plan, 1979

Andromeda
Game Plan, 1985

Cirqus Voltaire
Bally, 1997

Lord of the Rings
Stern, 2003

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm just saying, it's TOO early to form an opinion...especially if you haven't even played the GD game more than 8 times at a friend's house..

Hey Confusious, I own an Avengers LE, and I have an unbiased opinion. Of course I want the value to go up, but in reality its up to everyone else to like it and want it badly for that to happen. I've had several pinball friends over and none of them have left and wanted to buy one, and I totally respect that and could give a $*^$!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-nib-hulk-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.