Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Goalie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

For some reason this title is on the upswing in the Midwest. I tried for 9+ months to find one, never saw one less than 2k and all disappeared immediately after listing. 5 years ago you couldn't give an NBA away.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can thank wally for that

I know, I heard that there were a bunch of people in Texas and a couple others in the Midwest that have bought up the Nba games for conversion. I actually don't understand that at all now that mmr is out, it doesn't make sense at all with all the effort required.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

One just sold on STL CL a few weeks ago in less than an hour for 2300.It was pretty nice,no topper.I talked to the seller,they had 5 people im line wanting to come buy it.They are a bit higher in the midwest.

That echoes exactly what I was seeing. I don't get it, nobody wanted this game ever, it was a hard sale at any price and now it's a super hot title out here.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The people doing conversions aren't doing it for financial reasons, they are doing it for the love of the build.

If they're doing it for the love of the build, why destroy a game to do it? Just build the mm from scratch. It seems counter to what this hobby is for most of us, which is preserving and restoring games.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

These games are being pulled off of Cicero and other beaten paths that were surely destined for da scrap heap and turned into a work of art but back on topic, NBAFB is $2k

The ones I'm familiar with being bought for this purpose were not destined for the scrap heap, they were average working games. And if the game was in so bad of shape that it's not worth saving, it's hard for me to believe that you'd want to convert it to anything.

As far as competition goes, I think it would be great for people who aren't pinball players, because they know sports and the scoring translates well. Most pinball players hate it because it's a sport, and no pinball collector would be caught dead with a sports themed game in their gameroom, lol. Since I'm one of the few who likes both, it's perfect for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-nba-fastbreak-2?tu=taylor34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.