Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Goalie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Looking for range of what this title goes for these days? I know condition is king, but what would be a fair range?

#2 3 years ago

$1500 at the low end, worn, issues, needs shop and work.
$1800-$2400 for most everything else...one part or ramp, can be $100-$200
$2500-$3000, Restored, little wear to restored.
Topper/Frame also has value.

I just picked one up, shopped a year ago, some cabinet scratches and flipper wear for $1700.
A bit below market. IMO.

#3 3 years ago

I agree with above

#4 3 years ago

Take what everyone else says and follow these simple steps:

If selling, add $$$
If buying, subtract $$$

Welcome to pinball.

#5 3 years ago

I paid $2600 about 3 yrs ago for a nib quality NBAFB

$350 for topper. Good luck finding it though

#6 3 years ago

I watched a fairly nice one sit for a week at $1,450.

I can't remember a time I've seen one sell for over $2k unless it was collector quality.

#7 3 years ago

This>>>> I can't remember a time I've seen one sell for over $2k unless it was collector quality.

#8 3 years ago

For some reason this title is on the upswing in the Midwest. I tried for 9+ months to find one, never saw one less than 2k and all disappeared immediately after listing. 5 years ago you couldn't give an NBA away.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

For some reason this title is on the upswing in the Midwest. I tried for 9+ months to find one, never saw one less than 2k and all disappeared immediately after listing. 5 years ago you couldn't give an NBA away.

You can thank wally for that

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can thank wally for that

I know, I heard that there were a bunch of people in Texas and a couple others in the Midwest that have bought up the Nba games for conversion. I actually don't understand that at all now that mmr is out, it doesn't make sense at all with all the effort required.

#11 3 years ago

I've seen three in my area for sale in the last nine months from 2800 to 3300. I finally got to play one back in April, pretty cool game and it would always get me with that shooter on the lock down bar. I kept reaching at the front of the cabinet for a shooter that wasn't there lol

#12 3 years ago

2k unless really nice 1700 for a beat to heck one. Most people wont let a williams dmd go less than 2k. Especially since parted out you'd make 2.5k. 1k board set. Transformer 400 and go from there.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I know, I heard that there were a bunch of people in Texas and a couple others in the Midwest that have bought up the Nba games for conversion. I actually don't understand that at all now that mmr is out, it doesn't make sense at all with all the effort required.

The people doing conversions aren't doing it for financial reasons, they are doing it for the love of the build.

#14 3 years ago

One just sold on STL CL a few weeks ago in less than an hour for 2300.It was pretty nice,no topper.I talked to the seller,they had 5 people im line wanting to come buy it.They are a bit higher in the midwest.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

One just sold on STL CL a few weeks ago in less than an hour for 2300.It was pretty nice,no topper.I talked to the seller,they had 5 people im line wanting to come buy it.They are a bit higher in the midwest.

That echoes exactly what I was seeing. I don't get it, nobody wanted this game ever, it was a hard sale at any price and now it's a super hot title out here.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The people doing conversions aren't doing it for financial reasons, they are doing it for the love of the build.

If they're doing it for the love of the build, why destroy a game to do it? Just build the mm from scratch. It seems counter to what this hobby is for most of us, which is preserving and restoring games.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

That echoes exactly what I was seeing. I don't get it, nobody wanted this game ever, it was a hard sale at any price and now it's a super hot title out here.

I love mine.

#18 3 years ago

These games are being pulled off of Cicero and other beaten paths that were surely destined for da scrap heap and turned into a work of art but back on topic, NBAFB is $2k

#19 3 years ago

Are these good for competition? I always like to get games that are not in every collection you see, and are good to use for league/tournaments.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are these good for competition? I always like to get games that are not in every collection you see, and are good to use for league/tournaments.

I would think GREAT for competition and league. Scoring is so unique and different.

Plus i've considered buying two and linking them up for two player competition with the software mod.

A ton of fun for a cheap price.

#21 3 years ago

My buddy is selling his, $1850. Players, looks good, plays 100%. Pm me for details.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would think GREAT for competition and league. Scoring is so unique and different.
Plus i've considered buying two and linking them up for two player competition with the software mod.
A ton of fun for a cheap price.

Make your free throws!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

These games are being pulled off of Cicero and other beaten paths that were surely destined for da scrap heap and turned into a work of art but back on topic, NBAFB is $2k

The ones I'm familiar with being bought for this purpose were not destined for the scrap heap, they were average working games. And if the game was in so bad of shape that it's not worth saving, it's hard for me to believe that you'd want to convert it to anything.

As far as competition goes, I think it would be great for people who aren't pinball players, because they know sports and the scoring translates well. Most pinball players hate it because it's a sport, and no pinball collector would be caught dead with a sports themed game in their gameroom, lol. Since I'm one of the few who likes both, it's perfect for me.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

MMR is out, but not MBR. I thought of doing the Monster Bash conversion for myself, but with all the donors disappearing there is no choice but to take out a HELOC and hunt for a damn original. PPS really dropped the ball by not announcing "something" at the Texas festival like they said they would. Got no confidence in them...

#25 3 years ago

Love mine. Fun game. $2k-$3k depending on condition.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 47.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 279.95
$ 89.99
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside