Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

LOTR is sold and looking what to replace it with. Never had a chance to play one of these, but always wanted it. Trying to get an idea of what price these go for? Per pinside its 4k, but the for sale threads that I see do not show them having sold at 4k in the last year? What is a good price to pay? Anyone opinions for those that have time on this?

After next week I would have PM, Airborne, Radical (going to convert to proto), SF2, and this would potentially replace my second Radical. Sf2 would leave for something like BS or Transporter the Rescue.

#2 7 years ago

Alvin ? I got one 18 months ago for 1 600 usd.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from valentin27:

Alvin ? I got one 18 months ago for 1 600 usd.

Doesn't look like it had staying power for you?

#4 7 years ago

I bought it for someone, haven't played it yet.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Doesn't look like it had staying power for you?

I can't imagine it would. It's very...it's very "shoot the lit shot" endlessly. I guess that describes most games but it's not a super playing game. They're usually over priced due to rarity.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I can't imagine it would. It's very...it's very "shoot the lit shot" endlessly. I guess that describes most games but it's not a super playing game. They're usually over priced due to rarity.

Find that funny considering we both have PM and it is very much shoot the lit shot. This has just always been on my hit list for some reason. I figured I would look for this first and failing to find it go for banzai run or bbh. Frankly, finding all of them to be over priced. I can remember mystery castle being 1800 4 years ago. I can also remember huo bbh's failing to get 3k. That isn't just rarity. Avatar seems to always be for sale at 4k and rbion is up to 3200-3500. Prices in the hobby are just nuts these days and its fine, if that is what they are selling for.

there is someone on here willing to sell one with a sound issue for "silly money", but im not about to take a bath just to say I've owned it.

#7 7 years ago

This one's on my radar too, would like to own it sometime. I've seen recent decent examples go for 3K ball park.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Find that funny considering we both have PM and it is very much shoot the lit shot. ...I can remember mystery castle being 1800 4 years ago.

Right but PM makes more sense to me. I mean, beat the magicians by shooting shots, that's a simple set of rules very mode based. Magic Castle to me is literally just a mad dash to collect all the items. Again that's just my opinion and maybe other people play it "diff'rent" than I do.
It has some cool things like passage thru pops to shooter lane, but it just doesn't seem "all there" to me. It's a cool 1800-2000 game to keep for awhile and have fun with..and I do have fun playing it; I just don;t think it would hold up long term for me.
Good luck

#9 7 years ago

scoring and rules are very unbalanced. You can be playing for 20 min and score 1 million. then hit the right modes and right shots and it shits out 25 millions.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

scoring and rules are very unbalanced. You can be playing for 20 min and score 1 million. then hit the right modes and right shots and it shits out 25 millions.

Seems ripe for someone to revisit the scoring.

Big question is what is a fair price to pay? Don't mean a steal either just fair.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a cool 1800-2000 game ... Good luck

At that range, you'll need more than luck, more like a time machine. You'll be lucky to find one in high 2's...

#12 7 years ago

it seems to me that to get one it would be around 4k-5k to get one.

I played one for the first time yesterday and I have to say I rather enjoyed it. I like the theme so its a plus for me

#13 7 years ago

No, 3K is the range, have seen 4 in the last year go in that range... two of them locally...

#14 7 years ago

In the final stages of selling mine for $3900 and condition overall is 7+ almost 8. Sold it with spare boards but no extra power board but I am having that board reconditioned now before it leaves to make sure it has no issues for the buyer. I have no room for it but I am glad I had it to play and show and is a good game if you have a large collection since it is unique and fun.

#15 7 years ago

at 3k I would be tempted. seems like a decent game at that price

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

it seems to me that to get one it would be around 4k-5k to get one.
I played one for the first time yesterday and I have to say I rather enjoyed it. I like the theme so its a plus for me

This is why I am asking. There seem to have been a few this year that struggled to sell in the mid 3's. tddunbar's had a bunch of extras with it which were worth a bit of change by themselves. What I don't know is if anyone has seen them sell elsewhere ie not pinside/ebay. Just trying to get a feel.

#17 7 years ago

3ish seems to be the norm. sometimes you can luck out and get them 2ish.

#18 7 years ago

The last 3 that I've sold:

2200.00 back in 2011

2400.00 back in 2013

4200.00 back in 2013

All the machines were low-plays, no-issues pins. They're getting harder & harder to acquire due to rarity.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

At that range, you'll need more than luck, more like a time machine. You'll be lucky to find one in high 2's...

Yes, that was exactly my point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-mystery-castle-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.