New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 118626)

Price check: DE Star Trek, LW3, Tee'd Off, Hook, Riverboat Gambler

By Triumvirat73

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by agodfrey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

*Edited title

Hi folks,

So here's the deal. I have an opportunity to buy out the remaining inventory of a local operator who has retired. I've purchased several machines from him over the last few years when he started winding down his operations. All of his "A-list" are long gone but he does have a few left, as well as several arcade machines that I won't list here due to irrelevance.

This fella is a great guy, but he certainly doesn't give games away and looks for top dollar for his inventory. However, these machines seem to be a bit more reasonably priced since he is looking to unload his remaining games and, I'd like to think, because we've dealt with each other several times so he's not going to try and gouge me.

Having said all of that, these ARE games that have spent their entire lives en route, and they likely show it. I've had great success cleaning up machines I've gotten from him before and have actually been surprised at how amazingly some of the playfields have cleaned up. But the typical concerns for machines that have spent their lives on location are usually evident. (faded cabs, in dire need of cleaning, hasp bar holes, etc)

I live in Canada (where games are typically more expensive, and where our dollar is circling the drain) so I'm going to convert his asking prices into US dollars so comparisons can be made objectively. He has stated that if I buy multiple machines, or the whole lot, that the prices will be discounted heavily but I want to see how you folks feel he has landed on his initial pricing evaluation. Again these are all non-"A-list" titles, so there are no gems to be found here. I just want to know if I can hope to get even a moderate return on investment if I pick them up, clean them up, shop them out, replace plastics/rubbers, install LEDs, etc etc.) Also, any repairs that are required I'm comfortable looking after.

Everyone's opinions on the titles will be varied and subjective, so I'll take everything with a grain of salt, but I do appreciate all of your feedback! Here goes...

Lethal Weapon 3 - Faulty power supply, otherwise working, in his shop. $700

Tee'd Off - In good working condition, in his shop. $1,350

Hook - Good working condition, on location. $1,275

Riverboat Gambler - Good working condition, on location. $1,350

Star Trek (25th Anniversary) - Good working condition, on location. $1,275

Again, these are just starting prices and I WILL get them for less, but I just need to know how far they're out of whack for titles without much demand.

Thanks in advance for any input, advice, or comments you can offer.

Cheers,
Greg

#2 5 years ago

LW3 $700 fair
Teed Off $1100
Hook $1200
River Boat $1000
Star TreK- a deal a $1275

My 2 cents

#3 5 years ago

Are these prices in CAD? if so at $80 USD for every 100 CAD those look to be pretty good deals

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Are these prices in CAD? if so at $80 USD for every 100 CAD those look to be pretty good deals

Prices are converted to be the equivalent of what they'd be in USD

Cheers,
Greg

#5 5 years ago

But that tells me that they're about 20% over being pretty good deals.

#6 5 years ago

All the prices check out....

#7 5 years ago

Title edited for clarification...

4 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

So I've been seeing a variety of prices for functional Hooks (sorry for hijacking this post but I thought it would be better than starting a new one).

Some are closer to $1200 (like this one) and some are $1800. I have gotten offers from two people (I am looking to buy) for Hooks at $1.8k. Is this normal or MINT pricing? Just trying to budget.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 27.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside