• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by drbond
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Hi all

Looking at my second pin. Monster Bash. It's on route right now. Obvious flaws I can spot are: Weak flippers - Mosh Pit hole has ton's of wear - decals peeling at legs - one pop bumper not working - needs a serious cleaning, replacing burnt lights and new rubber.

Other than that, the pin plays great. All the toys are working and appear to be in decnet shape. I'm curious as to what I should look for (from some MB owners out there), and what a decent price would be. The vendor has a hard time saying no to stacks of cash, so I'd like to walk in with a good amount.

Thanks in advance.

#2 13 years ago

There are several on Ebay right now. In that shape I would guess around $5,000 - $6,000. I am no pro though. I know there is a rough one on Ebay right now for $4,800 and that the higher end restored MB's go for $8,000 - $11,000 now.

#3 13 years ago

Straight off route, with all the work it needs, I think $4,500 is a good price to shoot for. I'm not saying that the vendor will let it go at that price, but it's worth a shot. I'd start with a $4,000 offer, and work up from there. Make sure to point out how much money you are going to have to put into it in order to bring it up to snuff.

#4 13 years ago

Agreed

#5 13 years ago

Gweempose is on the money. About $4000. Probably no more than $4500.

The main concern with a newer WPC-95 machine like Monster Bash, is to make sure you are getting clear audio from the speakers. Play a few games on it to see if there is audio popping. If you get pops/drops, it may be a bad sound board. Very expensive to replace, and sort of hard to find online. They go from $300-500. Bring it up, and possibly get a few bucks docked off the machine.

The scoop you can sorta touch up with paint, and cover with a cliffy procector.

You can sort of cover up the peeling leg decals by just getting leg protectors, to place between the leg and the cabinet. You can probably color coordinate with the cabinet art so it doesn't look as obvious.

Other little stuff isn't that big a deal, and can be fixed. Little stuff like bulbs, rubber, weak flippers, or a weak auto-plunger (very common on routed MB's) can be fixed rather easily.

If you find out that Frankenstein & Dracula bash targets are working flawlessly, then that is a HUGE plus.

Good luck on this one, smokedog. Monster Bash is a killer pin. One of my all-time favs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-mb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.