• 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ek77
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

one-million-dollars-o.gif
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Hi,

Looking for an opinion on price for a routed LOTR. Some cabinet wear around the flipper buttons, a few dings on the cabinet, playfield is pristine with the exception of a chip on the ring. DMD is new, no playfield wear. Solid routed example.

#2 9 years ago

routed, with wear. $3500-4500. If it's nicer routed closer to the 4500 ish. Since HUO ones seem to go for $5-6.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

no playfield wear

No wear around the Shire?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

no playfield wear

#5 9 years ago

doubtful, since I bought mine new and mine has some ground in dirt around the bevel.

#6 9 years ago

Believable. I bought mine HUO a year ago and the Shire literally looked (and of course still does) Brand New....

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Yep, some wear around the shire and some shooter lane wear if I recall correctly. The playfield itself, kickouts, etc seemed to be in nice shape.

#8 9 years ago

3500 tops for routed and clean.

You can still find HUO for 4500 and if you put up a WTB for 5k, you could find a HUO pretty quickly.
Better off going for HUO if it is a title you realy like.

#9 9 years ago

A HUO in really good condition might be a tough find for 4500 at this point unless you're REALLY patient. I think Hobbit coming down the pike might be driving prices up lately.

#10 9 years ago

I'd be timid on buying a LOTR right now. With the new IM vault out, we know there are more coming. LOTR would be the most likely one to be next. I'd recommend staying around $4k. Don't go buying a HUO for more than $4500 (you may not find one at that price anyhow). A NIB vault would be about $4800. I'd wait it out personally.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

A NIB vault would be about $4800

Good luck with that. They are not going to be able to sell LOTR for the same price as IM.
2 metal ramps
swing out bash toy
ring magnet
led ring board
upper playfield
3 VUKs
gold wireforms
metal sword lock ball guide
2 interactive towers
I'll just assume they wont put the figures in like the LE.

4800 NIB is not going to happen.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Good luck with that. They are not going to be able to sell LOTR for the same price as IM.
2 metal ramps
swing out bash toy
ring magnet
led ring board
upper playfield
3 VUKs
gold wireforms
metal sword lock ball guide
2 interactive towers
4800 NIB is not going to happen.

Just remove the upper playfield and sell it as a LOTR FE - FE meaning "Flow Edition."

#13 9 years ago

$3500 if you're buying

$5500 if you're selling

Get a good one & keep it forever

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Just remove the upper playfield and sell it as a LOTR FE - FE meaning "Flow Edition."

Winner! Dick of the day!

#15 9 years ago

Nah...come on - have a sense of humor! I have an LOTR, and it's an awesome machine and never leaving. But he's got a point with the POTD thing. It gets kind of old after a while. I thought that was hilarious.

#16 9 years ago

If the player just waits without doing anything, it might be boring for them.

However, nudging to get the ball to roll over the "500" pointers that are flashing (vs. 100 or 250 for unlit or solid) is the key to the path of the dead. This accumulates more souls for a quicker ROTK qualification.

That's an army!

#17 9 years ago

I know. I get that. I always shoot for the tower so I can get that going. But it's still the most annoying part of the game - and I've got the glow-y guys to keep things interesting!

#18 9 years ago

I like the potd. It gives me a chance to take a drink.

#19 9 years ago

Bigdaddy knows what is up.

#20 9 years ago

I wouldn't pay more than $4k for the game you're describing. Likely less.

#21 9 years ago

I have one in similar condition in northern mn I'd sell for 4k. It's on the chopping block ATM, listed on Craig's. Has some extras included. Not willing to ship it.

#22 9 years ago

Working dirty routed "should " be $3000 or less. Reality is probably closer to 3500-3800.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

routed, with wear. $3500-4500. If it's nicer routed closer to the 4500 ish. Since HUO ones seem to go for $5-6.

I agree with this.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm confused Neo... this actually sounds about right.

I always classify your values as way too low (you want it) or way too high (you are selling it). This is perplexing...

#26 9 years ago

I like to keep you guys on your toes from time to time.

#27 9 years ago

Look for wear around the flipper buttons. The game is notorious for it and it lowers the value even more.

#28 9 years ago

The difference is Neo owns this game. If not it would be $2K all day long.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The difference is Neo owns this game. If not it would be $2K all day long.

and if he were selling it would be 6k, "the nicest he has ever seen!"

#30 9 years ago

as it would be, as mine is damn near perfect. It's what happens when you buy NIB. But not all my games are super nice. I know what is above and beyond what you normally see and what isn't.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

as it would be, as mine is damn near perfect

except for

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

has some ground in dirt around the bevel.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm confused Neo... this actually sounds about right.
I always classify your values as way too low (you want it) or way too high (you are selling it). This is perplexing...

I'm guessing it's because he still owns it. He thinks transformers is valuable too! LOL!

#33 9 years ago

Dirt cleans up, wear doesn't. There is a difference.

And it's irrelevant if I own the game or not. I know SST's are around $1500 or less all day long. Even when I owned it, and I'll own one again. Value still wont' go up unless it's a proto or something unique. Same with Stargate. Love it, had it, but a nice run of the mill one is still $1800ish all day long. I have RFM. yet it's still a $2500 game. maybe $3500 for someone who doesn't shop around.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

They ran out of the Iron Man figures and just made molds of them without the articulated joints to put into the Vault Edition. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do it again. Unlike the LE, this might have the figures.

It makes sense that they will rerun these.

1. It was reported in a thread that Churchill had stacks of LOTR playfields without the silkscreen.
2. It would still a little thunder from a competitor, especially if they keep the price competitive.
3. Price can be competitive because:
A. Not paying a software engineer.
B. Not paying a designer.
C. The last run was an LE in August 2009, with a retail price tag of 4800. It had a shaker, mirrored back glass, and gold plated side rails. Take away those items and it might come in at 4800.

#36 9 years ago

Or the HUO GNR he valued at what... 2500 neo?

#37 9 years ago

$3000-$4000. It all depends on the little details and the exchange between buyer and seller. I am completely serious about this.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Look for wear around the flipper buttons. The game is notorious for it and it lowers the value even more.

Fortunately this wear can easily be covered with Stern's flipper button protection rails. I would say low $4k+ sounds right. That's about what I paid for mine in December 2012.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Fortunately this wear can easily be covered with Stern's flipper button protection rails. I would say low $4k+ sounds right. That's about what I paid for mine in December 2012.

+1

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Or the HUO GNR he valued at what... 2500 neo?

Ironically...I'd have to agree with him for two reasons:

1. Way to overpriced - only paying for the name
2. .....because I want one......

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Fortunately this wear can easily be covered with Stern's flipper button protection rails. I would say low $4k+ sounds right.

+2 and yes on the Stern armor. Its an upgrade anyway. All the current premium and LEs have it, pros do not.

#42 9 years ago

one-million-dollars-o.gifone-million-dollars-o.gif

#43 9 years ago

Apparently anyone that owns a LOTR now thinks that routed ones are worth more than 4K, LOL.

Also, apparently flipper button wear is fine because you can just upgrade to the lollipop side rails. Sorry but made me laugh. HUO LOTR may have gone up slightly with the pinflation, but routed examples are still readily available for under 3500 if you spend even a little time looking around.

I love how cabinet wear always knocks off $$$ on every game except LOTR because they supposedly all have it.

Quoted from S37VEN:

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

+2 and yes on the Stern armor. Its an upgrade anyway. All the current premium and LEs have it, pros do not.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Apparently anyone that owns a LOTR now thinks that routed ones are worth more than 4K, LOL.

That's the key statement there, right? I mean naturally anyone that owns one is a little biased and believes its worth more and those that do not have one, looks at the lower end sales to gage prices. Are you that surprised?

I personally like the side rails (lollipop or whatever you want to call them) and could care less if there is some wear under them as to me at least, they would be a permanent addition. But, we all have different tastes.

#45 9 years ago

What is interesting to me is that, except for my own LOTR, I have not seen one come up for sale in years at any price in my area.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

They ran out of the Iron Man figures and just made molds of them without the articulated joints to put into the Vault Edition. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do it again. Unlike the LE, this might have the figures.
It makes sense that they will rerun these.
1. It was reported in a thread that Churchill had stacks of LOTR playfields without the silkscreen.
2. It would still a little thunder from a competitor, especially if they keep the price competitive.
3. Price can be competitive because:
A. Not paying a software engineer.
B. Not paying a designer.
C. The last run was an LE in August 2009, with a retail price tag of 4800. It had a shaker, mirrored back glass, and gold plated side rails. Take away those items and it might come in at 4800.

I know people are rooting for this, but I really don't see it happening. Spider Man or Tron seems more plausible.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I know people are rooting for this, but I really don't see it happening. Spider Man or Tron seems more plausible.

Yeah, I see Spider-Man, being first. It was the pictures of the stacked batches of playfields in this thread that kind of tells what they plan on rerunning. No way are they just running that many playfields for part inventories.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-home-run-my-visit-to-chicago-gaming-on-517

Cool to meet you this weekend. Weird, I was expecting you to be as big as your avatar Andre the Giant.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Do people really think Stern will manufacture more Whitestar CPU boards just to run a game they've already run a half-dozen times, including a special LE run that took a while to sell out?

Ain't happening, folks. If you want an elf and dwarf fix, buy a Hobbit

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Do people really think Stern will manufacture more Whitestar CPU boards just to run a game they've already run a half-dozen times, including a special LE run that took a while to sell out?
Ain't happening, folks.

It's not that difficult. Stern can use a Whitestar emulator on their new Sam system. There's already one in existence; it's called PinMAME and it's open source.

The emulator can function as a black box (the adapter pattern), and the in/out interfaces can be whatever Stern wants them to be. This allows upgrades to hardware and sound/video content.

If they can't or won't use PinMAME, they own the schematics to Whitestar... it wouldn't be that difficult to build their own software emulator for it that accomplishes what they would need for a SAM2 system.

#50 9 years ago

Thanks for all the worthwhile feedback. It really seems like prices have taken a pounding in the past six months. Is that the case or is it just my perception?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.50
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.