• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140617_184541.jpg
20140617_184519.jpg
#1 9 years ago

What is a good price for a lw with a horizontal line out on the dmd and the rest is in decent to good shape? I don't know how deep a hole the dmd can be.

#2 9 years ago

$1000? Condition is king of course...

#3 9 years ago

I recently obtained one in very good condition with a display issue just like you are describing for well over 1000. It's fun and you can dial the game up to be very difficult in the adjustments. 1000 is a great price if it's in great shape and has a functioning topper. I'm a DE junkie. You couldn't get me to sell for anywhere near that price.

There are a few sub 1500 DMD games these days but they are drying up fast! Mario Andretti and Waterworld come to mind as well.

#4 9 years ago

Assuming it's in nice but routed condition, probably around $1000. Fun game. Apparently the sounds get annoying, but someone has made a modified ROM the changes that.

For the display, you can get a used replacement around $100, new plasma display around $200, or an Xpin LED display around $275. Personally, I'd go with that for longevity; it's not a time bomb, unlike a plasma display.

#5 9 years ago

I agree with $1k based on that condition. I just sold a beautiful example of one that was near perfect for $1300.

#6 9 years ago

I paid $900 three years ago with an iffy display. Bought a new display since then so I have $1,050 into it but again I bought 3 years ago(display 1 year ago). My playfield and plastics are 9.9 (near perfect). Cabinet is scuffed up a bit though. Touch up's (size of a penny) have been attempted over the years. Also, mine is a reimport from Europe...I think that matter a little.

So....I am thinking anything under $1,200 for same condition that mine was at $900 3 years ago is a good price. Even LW3 had to appreciate some over the last 3 years!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from BlackRabbit:

Even LW3 had to appreciate some over the last 3 years!

okay okay ok!

#9 9 years ago

agreed

#10 9 years ago

In addition a liitle bit wear by the uzi, 900ish?

#11 9 years ago

Yeah. Lower value for wear on PF. LW3 is clearcoated (Diamond coated, same as clear coat) so it takes extreme heavy usage to get worn to wood or through the coating.

#12 9 years ago

Is the playfield worn through to the wood? Or is it just insert wear (chipping of the plastic bits that're inlaid in the playfield?)

#13 9 years ago

If you have pictures, it would be easier to gauge price. One man's "nice" is another man's "blown-out playfield worn to bare wood."

I picked up a game today in what was supposed to be "fair" condition from 1986, with no mylar or clearcoat; the playfield has no wear, insert lifting or cupping, and the backglass is perfect; it's got minor planking and minor sideart issues, but I would've said it's quite a bit better than "fair."

#14 9 years ago

Is this insert chipping by the uzi? With this and the dmd horizontal line issue what is a fair number?

20140617_184519.jpg20140617_184519.jpg

20140617_184541.jpg20140617_184541.jpg

#15 9 years ago

I would say around 800-900 given the DMD issue. That's going to cost you $200 right off the bat. That puts you at $1000-$1100 which is probably a reasonable price for this game.

#16 9 years ago

That is actual playfield wear; it's down to bare wood.

It's rare to see a clearcoated game worn through like that; that's probably one of the rougher working LW3 pins out there. At this point, you have to think about how bad you want the game, and how long you're going to want to keep it. A pin made after about 1990 with that much wear is generally a tough sell, so if you think you may not want it semi-long-term, that's something to keep in mind. I'd say anywhere between $500 and $1000 COULD be reasonable, depending on the pin market where you are. I'd say $700-800 is probably fair. I don't think I would've spent more than $800 even when I was actively looking for a LW3.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-lethal-weapon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.